Chapter 67

Previously on Chapter 66

All I can truly hope, is that no blood is shed. I have seen enough death since I was little, when I was still the heartless assassin. I don't wanna cause any more deaths. But if it can't be avoided... then I'll have no choice.

-The Battle Begins-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku is currently inside the newly built tank. He's also wearing a helmet on his head. He looks like a little kid, riding a bike for the first time.

"It's the birth of our happy papercraft tank! This is exhilarating!" He said. I just smile softly, as I watch his excitement. "Does this gun actually fire? We don't even have gunpowder" Gen said, eyeing the canon doubtfully. Senku smiles and take out a circle shaped rupture disk.

"We're using a leather rupture disk" he said. Gen looks confused. "A rup-what?" He said. Senku explains what it is and what he used it for. He said it's going to burst once it's expanded.

"Ah, I see. Even I understood how that one works. Wait! It'll tear after the first use, and we can't use it anymore" Chrome said. Senku just smiles at what he said.

"It's fine... any modern person who sees a tank around will instantly lose morale" he said. "That's for sure" Gen said, agreeing to what he said. "If we're going to take over without any casualties, we're going to need to make lighting strike right after the tank attack" Kohaku said.

"No casualties, huh? Leave it to me... I'll just make them paralyzed..." I said, raising both of my fists. Kohaku turns to look at me. "Right, with that chi blocking of yours. I still wish I'm able to do that" she said. I let out a sigh.

"It's actually pretty simple... as long as you know the positions of the human's pressure points" I said. She looks interested. "Can you tell me?" She said. "While Chi blocking is relatively simple. Mastering the right way to hit those pressure points is kind of hard. If you do it the wrong way, you'll ended up killing the person..." I said. Her face instantly paled at what I said.

Senku gets out of the tank and holds his helmet under his armpit. "Within the first half-minute of the battle for the miracle cave, we'll send in all of the kingdom of science's forces. And for that, we're going to need the number one, overpowered, toughest man around..." he said. I can hear the sound of footsteps. I turn my head and my eyes widened.

"Taiju..." I said, smiling softly at the sight of my cousin. Behind him follows Yuzuriha, my best-friend. I'm so happy to know they're both alright.

"Senku!!" Taiju yelled out, as he attempts to hug Senku. Senku quickly ducked and give his back a gentle pat. He walks over to Yuzuriha and greets her. I run towards Yuzuriha and wrap my arms around her.

"Yuzuriha-Chan!!" I said. She let out a giggle and hugs me back. "Hi, Y/N-Chan!" She said. I give her a gentle squeeze, as tears streams down my cheeks. "I am so happy, Yuzuriha-Chan... you're alright" I said. "I'm happy you're alright too!" She said.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at her. I let out a yelp when I feel my body getting pulled into a literal bone-crushing hug. But even so, I manage to let out a soft laugh.

"Y/N!!" He yelled out. "Hey Taiju... I missed you too, buddy! But get off... you're suffocating me" I said. He releases me after that, and laughs nervously. I take a deep breath, trying to get the oxygen back into my lungs.

"You okay, Y/N?" Senku said. I turn to look at him and lift my thumbs up. "Uh huh. Just peachy..." I said, breathlessly. He shakes his head and let out a soft chuckle.

"The kingdom of science now has full deck of cards. It's the beginning of the final battle against the Tsukasa's empire. This is exhilarating..." Senku said. I walk towards him to give him a quick hug. Senku's body tensed up a little. Ever since the whole thing with Ukyo, our relationship have been going up and down. But right now, I shouldn't be focusing on that. We have a battle to focus on.

***

I hear a thud coming from a higher ground. I know who it is without turning around. "Tsukasa and Hyoga are at the grave. It's pretty far from here" Ukyo said.

"That's fantastic to know. One blast of this tank's bluff canon, and any modern people's morale will immediately sank, ten billion percent. But the enemy will only panic and have instinct to run away for the first 20 seconds. After that, the enemy will come to their senses and retaliate. If we fight, people will die" Senku said. I clench my hands into tight fists. Even though I've killed people in the past. The thought of people dying still stings my heart.

"T-Twenty seconds later, we're killing each other?" Ginro said, nervously. Magma let out a laugh at what he said. "That's when we kill them all!" He said. I let out a sigh and shakes my head.

"No... no one dies" I said, in a stern voice. "That's the condition of our alliance. Break them, and the course of the war becomes uncertain. Rules are rules" Kinro said. We turn our heads to look at the branch, where Ukyo is sitting. I turn my head to look at him. I can see his eyes lingering on me for a few seconds. Then he closes his eyes and smiles.

"In other words, we're conquering the miracle cave with our scientific lightning attack without killing a single person" Senku said, snapping me out of my daze

"In other words, we're conquering the miracle cave with our scientific lightning attack without killing a single person" Senku said, snapping me out of my daze. I turn my head to look at him. Even though he's not looking at me. I can see the sadness in his eyes.

I can feel my heart aching at the sight. Why can't I just decide my feelings?! Why do I have to feel so confused. I love Senku... I really do. But seeing Ukyo right now gives me some mixed feelings. I don't even know what to feel anymore.

'Now is not the time to be thinking about that, Y/N! You have to focus on the battle ahead of you! You're the only hope... to avoid bloodshed with your chi blocking skills!' I thought to myself. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerve. I'll think about my complicated feelings after the battle ends. Right now, I need to be on full focus.

*to be continued*