Chapter 95

Previously on Chapter 94

If it's not him that'll make sure, he'd gonna make others watch me, so I don't lift a finger to do any work. That's how much of a protective guy he is. But I'm happy nonetheless, because that means he loves me. He's truly the best husband I could ask for.

-The First Signs-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku and I agree that we won't be telling anyone about the possibility that I could be pregnant. At least, until we are sure that I am. We don't need everyone to surround me, which they most likely would if they know there's a chance that I'm carrying a baby inside me. We can't have that kind of distraction, as we need to focus on making the ship.

But as the days go by like a breeze, I'm starting to show more signs that I might actually be pregnant. It starts with the start of the days where I would feel queasy, and needed to throw up. I also feel strangely emotional. I've heard that women who are pregnant, tend to have mood swings.

Senku who's always been vey observant even to the smallest details when it comes to me also seems to notice the changes. Of course, being the amazing husband he is, he would make sure to be next to me to guide me through every process. Like he would sit with me when I feel like my mood swing makes me feel like bawling my eyes out, to the point where he would gently hold my hair back when I needed to throw up. He's truly the best husband I could ever ask for.

I sit on top of a rock as I watch Senku instructing all of them what to do next. Senku stays true to his words and makes sure I didn't do any works. But I feel bored since I can't do anything. I stand up to sneakily grab a basket to help Yuzuriha.

"Oi..." I heard a stern voice behind me. I turn my head to see Senku staring at me with a look of disapproval. I let out a nervous laugh. He let out a sigh and walks up to me. "Why do you have to be so stubborn? All you've got to do is to sit down and look pretty" he said. I huffed at what he said. He walks up to me and grabs the basket from my hand.

"But I'm bored not having to do anything" I whined. He place the basket down and turn to look at me. He let out a sigh as he place his hands on my hips. "Please? Just let me do something. I promise I'd be careful?" I said, while batting my eyes cutely at him while holding.

He blushes at my action. I smile triumphantly, thinking my tactic is working. He let out a chuckle as he shakes his head. He walks up to me, placing his hand behind my knee and one on my back. I yelp when he picks me up in his arms. My arms automatically went around his neck.

"I appreciate your cute gesture. But it's not gonna work. You're not doing any work, and that's final" he said. I let out a sigh as he walks towards the place where I had been sitting the passed hours. He gently lower me down as if I'm made of the most fragile glass. "Now stay. put. here..." he said, sternly.

"Fine..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest while sulking. He smiled and gently place a soft kiss on my nose. I blush at his action making him chuckle. He place a hand on my head, gently caressing my h/c hair. I just pout at him.

"Please don't sulk, Y/N..." he said. He kneels down in front of me to be on the same eye-level as me. He gently cups my cheek as he caress my s/c tenderly with his thumb. "You know I only wishes for what's best for you. For your own health, and possibly for our baby" he said, whispering the last part.

"Okay..." I said, giving him a small smile. He always knows how to make my heart melt using his words. He smiles softly at me. He leans in and places a quick peck on my lips. I feel my stomach starts to churn again. I push him lightly and stand up, rushing off.

I squad near the bush and starts to throw up again. It didn't take long for me to feel a gentle brush on the back of my neck as Senku's finger gently glides over my skin to remove my hair. He rub my back softly to soothe me.

"You're starting to show more signs, Y/N. I think that you're actually pregnant..." he said. I turn my head to look at him. He gently wipe my mouth with the back of his hand.

"Stop that... I can clean it myself" I said, moving his hand from my mouth. He gently move my hand from his wrist so he can continue cleaning my mouth. "Are you not disgusted by my puke?" I asked. He smiled and gently peck my lips, making my eyes widen.

"Obviously no. Why would I be disgusted with my own wife? It's my job to look after you, Y/N. Especially now that I'm sure you're actually carrying my child. I want to always take good care of you" he said, placing his clean hand on my stomach. I smile softly at him. I feel tears starts to gather in my eyes because of his sweetness. He let out a chuckle as he gently wipe my tears with his clean hand. "Man... the mood swing is a no joke, huh?" He said, teasingly. I let out a giggle as I hit his shoulder lightly for teasing me. He let out a chuckle and pulls me into a hug.

I turn my head to look at my belly. I place my hand on top of it as I caress it softly. 'Is it true... are you really in there?' I thought to myself, hoping if there's actually a growing baby in me, they'd hear my thoughts. I smile softly to myself at the thought that I could actually be pregnant.

***

I wake up the morning. I turn to lay on my stomach. I furrowed my eyebrows when I feel a soft bump. I move to sit up and look down at my belly. My eyes widen when there's a small, yet noticeable bump. I let out a squeal which instantly wakes Senku from his deep sleep.

He instantly seems alerted. He quickly sit up and places his hands on my shoulders. "What? What's wrong? Are you hurt??" He asked. I turn my head to look at Senku. I blink my eyes at his questions. His eyes are full of worry as he scans my face for any sign of sickness.

"I'm fine, Senku..." I said. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. I gently grab his hand, and guide it to my belly. "Can you feel it?" I asked. His eyes travel down to my stomach. He run his hand across my belly softly.

"A small bump..." he said. His eyes eventually widens when he realize. "There's a small bump on your belly!!" He said. A grin starts to form on his lips. He turn to look at me. "Our baby is growing!" He said, almost squealing a little. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my belly.

"Hey, there, little baby. It's your father speaking..." he said in a soft voice. I let out a laugh at his action. I didn't know Senku could act so cute. He turn to look at me for a brief moment before turning his attention back to the growing baby inside me. "I hope you're going to grow to be a very healthy child. May you be boy or girl, it does not matter to me" he said.

"4 months have passed, huh? Now it's shown clearly that there is indeed a baby inside my belly..." I said. Senku move to sit up and smiles at me. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I'm happy, Y/N. We're gonna be a small happy family soon" he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. He gently places a soft kiss on my lips. I place my hand on his neck and cheek as I gently kisses him back. "I love you..." he whispered in between the kiss, making me smile a little as we continue to kiss.

"I love you too..." I said, once we pull away. He smiles happily at me. He wrap his arms around me, pulling me to sit on his lap as I sit side way. I place my head on his shoulder as he gently play with my hair with one hand, while the other continue to caress my belly.

"Thank you so much, Y/N..." he whispered. I close my eyes as place my hand on top of his that's on my belly. I feel soft kiss on the side of my head, which makes me smile. I snuggle closer to his side as he tighten his arms around me, minding to be gentle to not harm the baby in my belly.

Senku and I are going to be parents soon. Soon we'll have a child that will complete our little family, and it makes me so happy! I can't wait for the day I'd finally be able to hold our baby in my arms. I'm so excited!

*to be continued*