Chapter 63

Previously on Chapter 62

"Uhh... you do something..." I said, gently giving her a push. She turns to look at me and sighs. "If his own wife is scared of him... what am I going to do about it?" She said, under her breath. I just let out a laugh. I turn to look at Senku who's still laughing evilly. Oh God... Senku, just what are you planning??

-Upgrades-

Y/N P.O.V

Suika went ahead and head to Tsukasa's empire. I want to run after her because it's dangerous for her to go there. But Senku prevents me from going. He assures that Suika will be fine, because she can turn herself into a watermelon thanks to her small body and watermelon mask. So, I reluctantly agree and decided to help him in improving the steam gorilla.

I'm currently helping Senku planning on the next step. I notice there's a thick tension between us... and I know what caused it. It was the talk we had a while ago about Ukyo. But I can't bring myself to start talking about it. I don't know why... and I'm thankful that Senku didn't start it either.

I turn my head and notice Suika coming towards us. I let out a sigh of relief and rushes towards the little girl. I pull her into my embrace, feeling glad that she is okay.

"You're okay, Suika... thank goodness" I said. She let out a soft giggle, as she wraps her small arms around me. "Suika found where they're hiding Chrome" she said. I pull away and stare at her in shock.

"You did??" I said. She nods her head, looking proud of herself. I just smile softly and gently pat her head. Everyone else starts to gather around us to listen to what Suika will say.

"You put yourself in serious danger!" Granpa Kaseki said, in a scolding manner. I kneel down next to the little girl. "You've done an excellent job, Suika. But don't make us worried like that again, okay?" I said, gently caressing her mask. She nods her head and hugs me again. I let out a giggle at her cuteness.

"They had so many guards though..." she said, after she pulls away from me. Magma starts to laugh at what she said. "We'll just charge in and murder them all!" He said. Ginro's eyes widened at what he said.

"That's the worst thing to do!" He said. Senku let out a cackle. "I don't know about murdering them, but charging in might not be a bad idea this time" he said. I turn to look at him with a 'are you serious' look.

"Ch-Ch-Charge in?? I don't mind, as long as I'm not the one doing it. But that's crazy!" He said. I scoff at what he said. "Nah... you're just scared" I said. He turns to look at me.

"For the first time, you're being mean..." he said. I let out a laugh and shake my head. "I was worse than that, Ginro..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yeah... but that's the side I don't wanna see" he said, shuddering a little. "What are you talking about? You've seen it before... but that was only 10%" I said. "I can't imagine worse than that..." he said.

Senku said we need to turn the steam gorilla into a tank. Gen walks forward. "What are we making the tank with?" He said. Senku's hair starts curling up a little. "Paper" he said. Gen nods his head. It took him a while to react.

"WHAAT?!!" He yelled, making Ginro and Kohaku startled. But Senku didn't explain it to him. Instead, he instantly told everyone what to do. First, we need to gather up some weeds.

"Does it really not matter what kind of weeds they are?" Ruri asked. Senku nods his head. "Just about anything works. We're going to boil all this grass in sodium hydroxide to loosen it up" he said. After it's boiled, we just need to wash it, press it and dry it.

A While Later

After a while, it's finally ready. Gen grabs one of the papers and examines it. "It actually looks legit! I never knew paper was so easy to make!" He said. "It's going to be a lot easier now to draw blueprints and stuff" I said. Senku nods his head at what I said.

"We wasted a lot of leather up until now" Grandpa Kaseki said. I smile softly at what he said. Seems like he understand the value of papers. Of course, that's to be expected from an experienced craftsman. But, Kinro, Kohaku and Magma didn't.

"What is that for?" Kinro asked. Magma thrust two of his finger through the paper. "What use is this flimsy stuff?!" He said. "I hope you aren't going to suggest we make a car with this feeble materials, Senku" Kohaku said, eyeing the paper doubtfully. Senku turns to look at her.

"Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting" he said. He paste the paper inside a bamboo frame. It kind of looks like a shield. I place my hands on my knees as I watch what he's doing.

"You're making a shield?" I asked. "Yep... as always. You caught on pretty quickly, Y/N" he said. I just let out a soft giggle. He starts to paint something brown to the surface. He iron it out and it's finally done.

"Senku..." Kinro said. I turn my head to look at him, to see him standing by a tree. "You may not know" he said. He swings his spear to a tree, cutting it down in one swift motion.

"But a blow from a spearman can bring down even a wooden shield. I have a hard time believing in your so-called paper shield" he said, turning to look at Senku. "Oh really?" Senku said. He smirks at Kinro who's staring back ay him.

"Wanna fight?" He said. My eyes widened at what he said. "Are you sure, Senku? That doesn't sound like a good idea" I said, staring at him worriedly. "Oh, I'll be fine" he said, waving his hand dismissively.

Senku and Kinro walks forward and faces each other. I let out a sigh, knowing it's not going to end well. I believe in the shield, but not Senku. He's going to go numb. I just know.

Kinro is hesitant at first. But Senku said it's a rule to go and full strength. Kinro being a diligent man he is, agrees to not hold back. He quickly swings his spear at Senku.

I flinch at the sight, as Senku tries his best to keep standing

I flinch at the sight, as Senku tries his best to keep standing. Kinro's eyes widened when he notice his spear didn't stab through, instead the stone of his spear shatters. Senku remains standing.

"Senku won!!" Kohaku said. Everyone stares at the shield in disbelief. They start asking Senku for an explanation on how that's possible. I let out a sigh and walk over to Senku, who's shaking from head to toe.

"No, wait

"No, wait... I don't think he'll be able to answer any questions for a while..." Kohaku said. I catch Senku as he stumbles backward. "I warned you that this is not a good idea..." I said, as he lays in my arms. His back pressing against my chest.

"He's gone numb..." Suika said. I nod my head at what she said. "That's to be expected. He may have blocked it. But he still took a hit" I said, holding onto his shoulder. Senku's body is shaking a little in my arms. I let out a soft giggle and gently caress his head.

*to be continued*