Chapter 103

Previously on Chapter 102

We pull away from each other and turn to look forward. I lean my head on Senku's shoulder as we're almost there on the island. Finally, we're here...

The Treasure Island

-Exploring-

Y/N P.O.V

We are near the island. We agreed to not let the ship be too close to the island, just in case the people living there turns out to be enemies. To explore the area, Senku will be going. With him will be Kohaku for her sight, Soyuz as a native, and Gen as the mentalist.

"I wanna come too!" I said. Senku turn to look at me. He cross his arms across his chest as he gives me a straight face. "I know what you're thinking, Senku. But think about it, okay? Whoever these people are. They must love kids! I mean, who doesn't love babies? I'm sure they're going to love Byakuya... like come on, look at him. He's the cutest!" I said. The others agree with me.

"Fine..." Senku said, letting out a sigh. He walk towards me with a stern gaze. "Stay close to me. No matter what. Okay?" He said.

"Roger, sir!" I said. He let out a huffed and hold my free hand. I'm carrying Byakuya using a baby carrier. So I don't have to worry about dropping him. I turn my head to look at Kohaku as she turns around.

"Are you sure you didn't want to come, Ukyo? I'd much prefer to have you with good hearing to match my sharp sight" she said. I turn my head to look at Ukyo. He chose to stay behind. Apparently, he detect something with the sonar. He wants to make sure what is under the ocean.

The five of us venture deeper into the island. I turn my head to look at the ship behind us. I feel a little uneasy leaving those people there. I don't know why, but the air surrounding us makes me feel like something is going to happen.

"I'm sure they'll be fine, Y/N..." Senku said. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles reassuringly at me. I just give him a small smile. He gently grabs my hand. I turn around and follows him.

I hear a scream and turn my head around. I notice Gen and Soyuz running towards us. My eyes widened when he told us that everyone on the ship has been petrified. I let out a shaky gasp. I turn to look at Senku as he has a serious face on.

Byakuya starts to cry. I turn my head to look at him. "Hey, Byakuya. Honey... shh. It's okay. Mama's here. You're okay, baby... you're okay" said. I gently pat his back, trying to calm him down. Senku walks over to us, wrapping his arms around the two of us.

"I'm so glad that you insisted on coming, Y/N. I don't know what I would do with myself if you and Byakuya ended up petrified too..." he whispered softly. I lean my head against his chest as he run his hand through my hair. I bit my lips as I try to control my emotions.

I pull away from the hug, and turn my head to look at the direction where the ship is located. I was right. The feeling of uneasiness in my chest has proven to be true. Something did happen. But how could it be possible? How did everyone get petrified?

"We best not stay here for too long. We need to keep on moving. We can't risk having them found out about us" Senku said. He turn to look at the others. They nod their heads in agreement.

We turn around and walk deeper into the island. I turn my head to look at Byakuya to see that he has fallen asleep. I smile softly and places a soft kiss on the crown of his head.

Gen spotted a girl walking not far from us. He wants to approach her slowly, so she won't get spooked. But my husband being the blunt person that he is, decided to approach her openly.

"Hey, do you know where the treasure chest is?" He said. I let out a sigh and shakes my head at his bluntness. The girl looks startled by his sudden appearance. The rest of us makes ourselves known by the girl.

The girl rushes towards Soyuz and hugs him. "I love you!" She said. Soyuz blushes at her action. His cheeks turns beet red as he falls on the ground. The girl is very pretty, so I don't blame Soyuz for reacting like that.

"He's not our leader. Well, if you're talking about leader. I guess this man here is our leader" Kohaku said, while pointing at Senku. The girl turn around to look at Senku. She rushes towards him, wrapping his arms around his torso.

"I love you!!!" She exclaimed. I feel my eyebrow twitch a little. I observe Senku's reaction to see him clearly unhappy with the girl's action.

"Such might

"Such might... well, maybe not so much..." she said. I feel anger growing within me. How dare she talk like that to MY husband. "Such embracing, kind... actually, they look pretty evil. Such intelligent eyes! I've been in love since the first time I..." she try to said, obviously trying to flirt with Senku.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever... you're clearly not aware. But I'm a married man. That woman over there is my wife and the baby in her arms is our son" he said, pointing at my direction with his thumb. The girl turn to look at me and Byakuya. She turn to look at Senku. Senku places his hands on his hips as he stares at her with a bored face. "So where's the treasure chest?" He said.

She blinks her eyes as if trying to let Senku's words sink in. Her eyes widen in realization that she just tried to flirt with a married man. She takes a few steps back as she starts to panic.

"S-Sorry! I didn't know you're already married" she said. I just give her a tight smile as I walk up to them. Senku takes a few steps away from her to stand next to me. He wrap an arm around my shoulder.

The girl introduce herself as Amaryllis. She told us that she wants to infiltrate the kingdom, wanting to find a way that'll help her overthrow the evil ruler. So in the end, she agrees to join force with us.

We found ourselves a cave as a temporary hideout. We need to come up with a plan. Senku walks up to me as I sit on a rock. He kneels down in front of me, taking my hand in his and holds it gently. I stare at him with a pout, still not happy with the interaction that occurred between him and Amaryllis.

"Are you jealous?" He asked, smirking slightly. I blink my eyes at what he said. I feel my cheeks growing warm as I realize Senku was aware of my reaction the whole time he talked to the girl.

"S... S-So what i-if I am? You're my husband after all" I said, turning my head away from him to avoid eye-contact. I hear Senku let out a laugh. I feel a hand on my cheek, turning my head to look at him.

"Now you know how I feel when all those boys get too close to you..." he said, chuckling softly. I roll my eyes at what he said, making him laugh again. "But really... you don't have to be jealous. There's no one in my heart besides you and our son" he said. I smile shyly at his heartfelt comment. He moves closer so his lips are close with mine. "I love you..." he whispered.

"I love you too..." I said. He closes the gap between us. I close my eyes as I kiss him back. We can't hold each other as we kiss because I have Byakuya in my arms. We don't wanna risk squishing him.

We pull away from the kiss. He press his forehead with mine. "Once again... I'm so glad you came along. I'm glad you didn't get caught in that light and turn into stone..." he said. I just smile at what he said.

"I'm glad too, Senku..." I said, closing my eyes as he hugs me and Byakuya. It was a close call. If Senku had insisted that I stay behind on the ship with the others, that petrification light would have got me too. What we need to do now is figure out what happened, and how to solve it.

*to be continued*

Love Is Science (Ishigami Senku X Reader) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara