Chapter 49

Previously on Chapter 48

I let out a yelp at his sudden move. But I smile into the kiss and kisses him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He tightens his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

-Progress-

Y/N P.O.V

Thanks to the gemstone we're able to find for the Tungsten, we're now able to make the filament for our vacuum tubes. Senku starts explaining what needs to be done to the science and craft team.

"But Senku... how do we get it out of the stone?" Kohaku asked. "About that, it's going to be tough as hell..." he said. I notice Magma and Mantle. My eyes widened as I stare at them.

"Magma. Mantle... wa-" I said. But before I could finish my sentence. They're already smashing the gemstone. I stare at them in disbelief. They didn't even wait for Senku's instructions.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" Chrome and Kohaku yelled out in unison. Magma turns to look at them. "We're getting it out of the rock, right?" He said. I walk over to him, with my crutches. Yep... I had to walk with crutches because of my sprained ankle. I lift one of it and start hitting his head.

"Can't you wait for Senku's instructions?! We didn't collect it for you to act so reckless! You dump meat-head" I said, hitting him again and again. He covers his head, trying to protect himself.

Senku lets out a laugh and walks over to me. He hold the crutches and helps me back away from Magma. I hop back a little and place the crutch down, letting it support my body again.

"Settle down, Y/N. And I mean, that works... we'll be turning it into powder anyway" he said. Magma turn his head to look at me. "See? I was right!" He said. I glare at him.

"And if you're not??" I spat out. He gulps and looks away from me. Senku gently pat my head to calm me down. I turn to look at him and pout. He chuckles softly and place a soft kiss on my forehead. I turn to look at Magma who just continues crushing the tungsten. 

"This is unusual. He's hardly doing it right, but I've never seen him offer to help. Did something happen in the cave?" Kokuyo said. Senku and I turn to look at each other. I shrugs my shoulders.

"Gee... I don't know" Senku said, shrugging. I just turn to look at Magma who's happily crushing the tungsten. Kokuyo's right... this is the first time he actually offered to help in any way. Well, I guess that's a good thing coming from someone like him.

"Y/N..." someone said. I turn my head to see Ruri. "Yeah?" I said. "It's time to change your bandage..." she said, gesturing my leg. I look down and nod my head. The herb paste to numb the pain is drying off. So, it's time to change it. She turns around and walk off. I just slowly follow her.

She helps me sit down on the table. She kneels down in front of me and start working on my feet. I grab my guitar which is laying around on the table. I place it on my lap and start playing a soft tune as I wait for Ruri to finish changing my bandage.

Ruri who have finished changing my bandage, just stand up as she watches me play.

"That's amazing..." Ruri said, once I finished playing the music. I turn to look at her and smiles softly. I place my guitar on the table.

"Is there a lot of instruments like this back then?" She asked. "Yeah, there's a lot of music instruments. Guitar is just one of them. There's piano, violin... all kinds of different instruments with different ways to play..." I said. She hums at what I said. "I want to see everything..." she said. "With Senku's help... I'm sure we can. I mean, we already have guitar" I said, with a soft smile.

Senku makes his way inside the lab. "Having another music session?" He said. I grin at him and nod my head. "Yep..." I said. He smiles softly and walks over to me, giving my lips a soft peck.

"I have to use the lab now. I need to make tungsten toothpaste" he said. I nod my head and steps aside to let him use the table. Ruri bring a chair over to me so I can sit down.

"Ruri... you don't have to do too much for me. You've already helped me a lot" I said, awkwardly. She just smiles softly at me. "Senku saved my life by curing my sickness. So I want to repay him... the best way to do that is assisting the person he loves and cherish, which is you, Y/N. His beloved wife" she said. I start to blush deep shade of red at what she just said.

Senku turns his head to look at me and chuckles. I turn to look at him and raise an eyebrow. "You're laughing for?" I said. "You... you're too cute" he said. "Senku!!" I whined, feeling flustered because he keeps teasing me. He shakes his head and laughs once more. Then he focus on his work.

***

Senku finally finished the paste. I slowly walk with the help of crutches as we make our way outside, to check how the others are doing. They're in charge of heating up the tungsten filament.

"How are things on your side, heating team?" Senku said. Chrome turns to look at him. "We're just about done" he said. Senku smiles at what Chrome said. "Not bad, science user" he said. He turns his head and his jaw dropped.

"What the hell is this all-of-the-above mega set?!" He said. I turn my head and start to laugh nervously. Chrome and the others have done it.

"Just what is that

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Just what is that..." I said, staring at it in disbelief.

"You were the one who told us to throw everything at it" Chrome said, directing it at Senku. "This isn't what I meant! This thing's ugly as hell" he said. I shake my head and laughs softly.

"Just so long as it gets the work done. I don't see why it's a problem" I said. Senku turn to look at me and sighs. He nods his head and smiles softly. "Yeah, Y/N's right. Honestly though, this might actually be the best solution. If the goal is for all of us to join together to raise temperature..." he said. And so, we start to work on it again. Trying our best to raise the temperature up to several thousand degrees.

A While Later

"We have the most heat resistant metal in the universe! A tungsten filament!!" Senku said, holding the finish product in the air. Everyone breaks into a chorus of cheers at our accomplishment.

After so many hard works! Finally, we're making a good progress. Now that we have everything we need. We can start building on the cell phone. I'm so happy!!!

*to be continued*

Love Is Science (Ishigami Senku X Reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें