Chapter 32

Previously on Chapter 31

"And I... L/N Y/N, vow to protect this village with my life. And if you know me, you'd know that I never lose. So leave now or I won't hesitate to kill you. One more kill to protect the ones I love, I'll gladly do it!" I said. I'm going to protect Senku and the others. Even if I have to put my life on the line.

-You're One Of Us-

Y/N P.O.V

Instead of turning around to leave. Hyoga lets out an amused laugh after what I said. "What's so funny??" I said. "I did not expect to hear that from you. After all, you are one with the coldest heart. Isn't that how I trained you? Y/N-Chan~" he said. My eyes widen when I heard the way he said my name.

It finally clicked. "Y-You..." I stuttered out. My whole body starts to shake as I realize who Hyoga truly is. I look down as I gripped the hilts of my daggers tightly to the point my blood starts to drip in my palms.

I let out a scream and run towards him at full speed. I start to attack blindly. My mind is clouded in pure rage. Hyoga kicks me on my stomach, sending me flying back. I rolled a few times before stopping. I let out a groan of pain. I cough while gripping the spot where he kicked me.

I feel blood dripping down my chin, as I hold onto my stomach in pain. I try to stand up, but the pain on my stomach hurts a lot. In the end, I ended up kneeling on the ground. One hand on the ground, while the other one holding my stomach.

Hyoga walks towards me, kneeling down in front of me. He grip my chin, tilting my head to look at him. "You were the perfect killing machine. But now, you're weak! No worries, I'll bring back the killer side of you" he said. He grabs me by my elbow and pulled me up.

A loud sound resonates around the place. That sounds like a gunshot. But that's impossible, we still haven't manage to create gunpowders. Let alone the guns.

I turn my head to the source to see Senku holding a pipe in his hand. Gen pretending to stop him. "Run! This village already have guns! You'd better run too, Hyoga-Chan!" Gen said, running away. Hyoga turn his head to look at Senku.

"Let her go. Next time I won't miss" he said. "Hmm... which means you must be..." Hyoga said. Senku let out a laugh. "You guys waited too long. We've already finished building the kingdom of science" he said.

"Oh? I'm sure Tsukasa-Kun will be very pleased" Hyoga said. "Yeah, tell Tsukasa that Ishigami Senku is still alive. Tell him we've built about ten billion rifles with the power of science" Senku said, with a smirk on his face.

"Senku..." I said, weakly. "Now... let. her. go" he said. Hyoga releases my arm, making me fall on the ground with a thud. I wince at the impact.

Hyoga turns to Senku for a brief moment. He turns to look at me. "This isn't over, Y/N... you will join us whether you like it or not" he said. I just stay silent. He turns around and walks away. I close my eyes and everything turned dark.

***

I slowly open my eyes. I look around and realize I'm in Senku's lab. I wince as I try to get up. I hold my stomach in pain because Hyoga kicks me really hard. I force myself to stand up and walks out of the lab.

"Y/N! You're awake!" I hear someone yelled out. I turn my head to see Kohaku. She have a smile on her face. I just ignore her and turn around to walk away.

"Woah woah! Where do you think you're going, Y/N? You're in no shape to walk around" Chrome said. "I'm leaving... I don't belong here..." I said, without turning around.

"You're joining Tsukasa?" He said, I can hear the shock in his voice. "No... I'm going far. Wherever my feet take me" I said. "Why??" He said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him.

"Why??? You know why! I'm a killer! A monster!! You heard what Hyoga said! I'm a cold-hearted assassin!" I said. Senku walks over to me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"You're not cold-hearted, Y/N... it's not true. If it's true. You'd never sacrifice yourself to cure Ruri" he said. I look away from him. "It doesn't change the fact that I've murdered a lot of people..." I said, as tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

"Then why did you do it?" He asked. "Because I don't have a choice!! Hyoga held my brother in captive. If I don't do as he said... he would kill him!!" I said. My heart clenched painfully as I recall what happened that day.

Flashback

I'm standing in front of Hyoga, who's sitting behind the desk. "You will do as I said... or I'll kill your brother" he said. I shake my head. "No... don't hurt him! Please... I'll do anything!" I said. He smirks at me. He places a file on the table and push it towards me.

"This is your target for this mission. Kill him..." he said. With shaky hands, I take the file and opens it. It has a picture of a middle aged man. I turn to look at Hyoga.

"You think you can do it?" He asked. I just nod my head weakly, tears slowly building up in my eyes. "Don't show emotions!! Emotions are for the weak!" He yelled, slamming his hand on the table. He lift his hand. I hear loud punch. I turn my head to see my brother on the floor. The guards starts to punch and kick him.

"No! Stop it!! Don't hurt him!!" I yelled. I try to run towards my brother, but I got held back. I turn to look at Hyoga and bow in front of him. "I'm sorry! I won't show anymore weakness! Please stop hurting my brother!" I said. Hyoga lift his hand again and the people stop beating my brother.

"Finish your mission... and I'll let your brother live" he said. I nod my head. I look up at him with a cold gaze. He smirks in satisfaction at the sight of my emotionless expression.

End of Flashback

"For years... they made me kill for years. But I soon got tired and refuse to cooperate. That's when they killed my brother. That's when I snapped and leave them. I n-never asked t-to be an a-assassin... I never wanted that life..." I said. Tears streams down my cheeks.

I feel a pair of arms wrapping themselves around my shaking form. "I understand... it's not your fault, Y/N. You're not a killer... you're Y/N, the girl I love with all of my heart..." he said. I bury my face into the crook of his neck. He wraps his arms tightly around me.

He pulls away once I calmed down. The others are standing behind him. They each wear a smile on their faces. "You're one of us, Y/N... you belong to the kingdom of science. You are and always will be" Senku said, smiling softly at me. The others nod their heads.

I wipe my tears and smile softly at them. They're right... I'm no longer an assassin. I'm free to choose what I want to be now, and I choose the Kingdom of Science and everyone in it.

*to be continued*