Chapter 50

Previously on Chapter 49

After so many hard works! Finally, we're making a good progress. Now that we have everything we need. We can start building on the cell phone. I'm so happy!!!

-First Phone-

Y/N P.O.V

After a few more things, we've finally cleared it out. We just have to build the cell phone now. So we finally have the first cell phone. Everyone starts to celebrate happily at the accomplishment.

"Our voices are going to travel across the skies and far into the distances" Ruri said. "It's so strange" Suika said. Even so, they look so excited.

"So it's great that we're sending our voices over long distances... but how are we going to hear them?" Kohaku asked. Senku let out a gasp at what he said. His face suddenly turns serious. Everyone stares at him in anticipation.

"Whoops! We're going to need another one" he said, with an innocent smile while rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. Everyone drops on the ground at what he said. I let out a soft sigh at what he said. I completely forgot we haven't warned people that we're going to need more than one phone. I forgot... and Senku probably did it on purpose.

"You kept quiet about that one on purpose, didn't you? Because people might give up if you told them we need to make two" Gen said. "Teehee..." Senku said. I cover my lips as I let out a soft giggle.

***

Senku is currently rolling out the wire across the village for a small test. "We do need another another one to make it work as a cell phone. But if we run a long cable, it should work as a phone" he said. I just nod my head at his explanation.

Chrome and Ruri will be the one test it out. While I just sit in the room. "Ruri..." I finally hear Chrome's voice from his side. I wait to hear what he wants to say.

"Did you see that, Ruri?? Pretty awesome, right?! Science is insane!!!" He yelled excitedly through the little speaker. Everyone gasps in shock at that it actually works. I smile as they start murmuring among themselves, not believing that it works.

Senku wraps his arm around my shoulder, as he stands next to me. "It works! We did it!!" I said, wrapping my arms around his torso. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my head.

"It's almost like a speaker" Ruri said. I furrow my eyebrow as I turn to look at her. "'Almost like'? It's literally a speaker. Microphones and speaker convert between sound and electricity. They're the same..." Senku said. His eyes suddenly widens. He turns to look at Ruri.

"Ruri... what did you just say? 'It's almost like a speaker'?" He said. Everyone starts murmuring. One of them said bee. Wait... what? Speaker... bee?

"Huh? Speakers are bees?" Gen finally speaks up. "Um, I mean... aren't speakers a kind of bee?" Ruri said, sheepishly. Senku and I turn to look at each other.

"How did that happened?" Senku said, turning to her again. "It was in the Hundred Tales" Ruri said. "That's how it was passed down?" Gen said. She nods her head.

"Yes... in tale 14 of the Hundred Tales. There's a talkative bee named Speaker. When it poked gravestone with its needle, it could speak in voices of the dead" she said. I furrow my eyebrows at what she said.

"Speaker... needles on gravestone... voices of the dead..." Senku said. I turn to look at him. "I don't think that story is meant to passed down any kind of knowledge. It sounded like a riddle" I said. He nods his head.

"Now that Y/N said that. That's super suspicious. It's using the word 'speaker' to try to communicate with something only to modern humans..." Gen said. He suddenly grins as he turns to look at Senku.

"And it's tale 14... it's 'one' and 'four,' or 'i' and 'shi,' as in 'ishi (stone).' It's your birthday..." he said. My eyes widened in realization. What Gen said really made perfect sense!

"My old man's gravestone..." Senku breathe out. I nod my head. "The cemetery!!" I said. He turns to me and nods his head. We quickly stands up and head towards the cemetery. It's a good thing that my foot is all better thanks to Ruri's diligent care. So I can keep up with everyone's speed.

Time-skip

We finally reach the cemetery. Senku walks towards the supposedly Mr. Ishigami's gravestone and pick it up. "What do you think you're doing, Senku?! That's sacrilege!" Kinro said. I turn to look at him.

"Relax, Kinro. That thing isn't a gravestone" I said. Chrome turns to me. "What do you mean?" He said. Senku let out a chuckle as he holds it in his hand. "I should have noticed a lot sooner. That man is such a pain in the ass. Just the gravestone of the founders? Now that I think about it, that's ten billion percent bull..." he said. He turns around to face us.

"It's a time capsule... isn't it?" I said. He nods his head. "Indeed... it's a time capsule that's been kept solid in concrete" he said, smiling softly at me. I just smile back. His father actually left something for him, after thousand of years.

"Time capsule?" Kohaku said. I turn around to see everyone staring at the two of us in confusion. I let out a nervous laugh. "I'll leave the explanation to you, Senku. I'm not the best at explaining things..." I said. He let out a chuckle and nod his head. He turn to the others and explain what time capsule it, along with its purpose.

"Your father must've left a message for you, Senku" I said. "Is there something inside it?" Chrome said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. "Yeah. The question is... how do we get it out?" I said. Senku place it down, to think of a way. Magma suddenly steps up, holding a huge hammer.

"We're breaking it, then?!" He said. My eyes widened at his action. "Woah! Wait wait!" I said, jumping in front of him. "Hold it, meat head! If I'm right, there is a glass in this. We're going to need someone with both power and speed to crack it swiftly" Senku said. I grin at what he said and turn to look at Kohaku.

"Well... speed and power. You think you can do it, Kohaku?" I said. She grins and nods her head. She starts to work on breaking the concrete. She's doing it super fast, that makes it impossible for me to see her hand movements.

"There's something inside! It's some kind of silver chunk" she said. I walk forward and squad down to take a look. "It's wrapped up in aluminum foil. So, what now?" I said. I turn to look at Senku. He smiles and gestures us to head back to the village. We agree and head back. I wonder what's it in. Guess we'll about to find out.

*to be continued*