Chapter 107

Previously on Chapter 106

"Science cosmetics are amazing, huh? This might work" She said. She stands up as she turns around to look at the guys. "The more that goes in the better, right? We should at least give it a try. Don't you think so, Y/N-Chan?" She said, cracking her fingers. I just grin at what she said as I turn to look at the guys too. Their face turns pale at as they realize what our intentions are. Oh, this will be fun~.

-Reassurance-

Y/N P.O.V

"Oh please don't make me do this, Y/N..." Senku said as I hold the cosmetic brush. I let out a laugh and hush him. He let out a sigh as he reluctantly sits down on the ground. I kneel in front of him as I start to put on his make ups. I bit my lips as I try not to laugh. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" He said.

"Well, pretty much... I am. It's hard not to enjoy this, Senku. It's not everyday I get to pamper your face with makeups" I said, giggling softly. He let out a sigh as I continue to apply the makeups on his face. He looks so done with this. But that's what makes it even funnier.

"Pfffttt

"Pfffttt..." I snorted, covering my mouth with my hands. Kohaku is currently carrying Byakuya since I'm doing the makeups on the guys to see who's more suitable in crossdressing. Senku turn to look at me with a straight gaze.

"This is ten billion percent not going to work" he said. I let out a laugh and shakes my head. "Stop laughing at me, Y/N! You're being so mean!" He exclaimed, almost whining at me. Even Byakuya is laughing at his father's expression.  

Gen looks and can fake a girl's voice. But he's a bit on the taller side. As for Soyuz. Well, he's a hard nope. The only guy left in among us that might be able to pass as a girl would be... Ginro.

We turn around to look at the blond to see him smiling nervously at us. I grin at the sight of him. He let out a scream. But before he could run away, I had rush up to him and hit his pressure point which makes him fall on the ground. He starts to cry as Kohaku drags him to sit down on the rock, so we can put on some make ups on him.

"W-Whoa... what was that?" Amaryllis said. I turn to her and grin. I start to explain what I did. Her eyes lit up as she turn to look at Senku. "Oh, come on, Senku! You have to let her join in this infiltration mission! She'd be a huge help!!" She said.

Senku huffed at what she said. He crossed his arms as he gives her look of annoyance. "I have told you... Y/N's NOT going to participate that selection!" He said. I let out a sigh at what he said.

"But, Senku! She's extremely skilled. She's probably even stronger than Moz and Kirisame!" Amaryllis said, still trying to persuade my husband into letting me join the selection. Senku remains stubborn.

"Come on now, Senku. Think about it logically, okay?" Gen said, walking up to Senku as he places a hand on his shoulder. "Don't you want to get your hands on the petrification device? With Y/N joining along, she would be really helpful. I know that you're worried about her well-being. But don't forget who defeated Hyoga!" He said. I notice Senku's hands clenching into tight fists as his whole body becomes rigid.

"Of course. How could I forget about that? Especially the part where Y/N nearly died because of that man!" He exclaimed, brushing Gen's hand from his shoulder. Gen seems startled by his action as he stares at him with his eyes wide. Senku turn his head to look at Gen with a glare. I've never seen this side of him.

"I refuse to take another risk for that to happen again! Go ahead and call me selfish. Call me illogical. For the first time... I DON'T f*cking care about not being logical because I just don't want to lose my wife! Stop pestering me about this topic! She's not participating the selection! And that's final!" He said, raising his voice slightly. He turns around and storms off deeper into the cave.

"Senku!!" I called out. But he didn't stop as he keeps on walking further away from us. "I'm gonna go and talk to him, okay? You guys can go on and continue preparing yourselves for the selection" I said. They nod their heads at what I said. I give them a small smile. I turn around to the direction Senku gone off to and chases after him.

I found him at the corner of the cave. He's sitting crossed legged on the ground with his back facing the cave's wall. His body is hunching forward as he holds his head in his hands, slightly covering his face. My eyes soften when I notice his shoulders trembling ever so slightly.

"Oh, Senku..." I said, in a soft voice. I walk up to him and kneels down next to him. I wrap my arms around him, gently pulling him closer. I hear soft sniffles coming from him. "Shh... hey, it's okay, Senku. Everything will be okay. You don't want me to join the selection. Okay, I won't participate. If it's what makes you feel better. I'm not going participating, okay?" I said. He just turns his body to face me properly. He wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tight.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N... I don't want to be selfish about our situation. I know that you're strong. I know that you're more than capable of handling yourself..." he said. He pulls away to look at me. His eyes are full of tears as they're slightly bloodshot from his crying. He choke out a sob as he stares at me with so much sadness in his eyes.

"But I'm just so scared to lose you, Y/N. I nearly lost you once after you fought against Hyoga. I just... I don't want to take another risk that could lead me to losing you" he said. His voice cracks a little as he struggles to speak. He just pulls me into another hug. "I d-don't wanna..." he cried out, burying his face into the crook of my neck. His hand went to the back of my clothes as his fingers clutches onto my shirt tightly.

I feel my heart aches painfully against my chest at how broken Senku sounded. I hug him close as I place my hand on his neck, rubbing it softly as an attempt to calm him down. He snuggles closer to my embrace as he cries harder.

"I won't participate" I said, in a soft voice. His breathing start to slowed, as he slowly starts to calm down. "I'm not participating, okay?" I said. He slowly pulls away to look at me.

He leans his forehead against mine. I close my eyes as he cups my cheeks gently. His thumb gently caressing my s/c skin. His tears have stopped flowing as he looked a lot calmer.

"I'm not gonna be selfish" he muttered. I pull away to look at him, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. He let out a sigh as he opens his eyes to look at me. He places his a soft kiss on my forehead. He gives me small smile as he gently takes my hand in his. "Go ahead... go ahead and join the selection" He said.

My eyes widen in surprise at what he said. "Are you... a-are you s-sure, Senku?" I said. He gives me a hesitant smile. But he nods his head either way, to let me know he has granted me the permission to join the selection.

"Can you promise me one thing, Y/N?" He said. I just nod my head at what he said. "Promise me that you will always be careful when infiltrating that palace. And if things got too out of hand, you come straight back to me, okay? Can you promise me that?" He said.

"Of course, Senku... I promise. If things went south. If we got caught. No matter what... I will fight my way out, and I will find my way back to you..." I said. He nods his head, seemingly satisfied by what I said. He pulls me close, gently running his hand through my hair.

"I love you, Y/N... I love you so much" he whispered in a soft voice. He slowly pulls away to look at me. "You'll always be my greatest treasure. You're everything to me, Y/N... make it back to me, okay?" He said. I smile at him and nod my head. He gives me a small smile. He slowly leans in, gently places his lips against mine. I close my eyes, gently kissing him back.

"I love you too... I'll make it back to you. Even if it's the last thing I'll do..." I said, after we pull away. He just hum at what I said. He pulls me closer, hugging me tightly as if this will be the last time we'd share a hug. I close my eyes and bury my face into the crook of his neck. I promise, Senku... I'll come back to you.

*to be continued*