Chapter 46

Previously on Chapter 45

"Y/N... don't pick a fight at a time like this" Senku said. I let out a sigh and raise my hands in a mock surrender. "Alright, alright..." I said. He sighs and keeps looking around. I let out a sigh and leans my back against the wall. I hope we can get out of here.

-Safe-

Y/N P.O.V

Water suddenly starts dripping on Magma's head. I can see anger on his face. He looks up where Chrome is the one pouring water.

"Are you messing with me?? I'll kill you! You damn twig!" He yelled out. "Sheesh, Magma! Calm down your nerve. You're going to get us buried alive!" I said.

I turn my head to look at Chrome. "Care to explain what you're doing, Chrome?" I said. "If we keep pouring in water from that pond over there, you might be able to swim back out" he said.

"It's never going to work if you pour that slowly!" Magma said. "Slow and steady wins the race, right? It's better than doing nothing" Chrome said. Senku let out a soft chuckle.

"Hang on. That's not bad. We have no use for resignation of for arguing about diligence. Science determines whether it'll work or not..." he said. He starts to calculate what to do. He looks up at where Chrome is.

"Chrome... I'm going to tell you how to craft something. Can you do it?" He asked. Chrome grins at what he said. "Yeah, of course I can! Don't underestimate Chrome the science user" he said. Magma throws up the gas mask towards Chrome. Senku starts instructing him what to do. Now we just have to wait.

"See, I told you. We're screwed if one of us is missing. The twigs controlled the muscle in my world? Obviously not. We were just divvying up the work. In a technological civilization, and we need brawny meatheads like you" Senku said, turning to look a Magma. He walks towards me and helps me to my feet.

"Even someone who's got nothing going for them can come in useful someday. It doesn't matter who's the boss or who's on top... there are all kinds of people. And that equals strength" he said, steadying me so I don't fall over.

"Senku, you took the throne from me. Y/N, even though you're a bit of a pain... I still appreciate that you're trying to help Senku save me. That's all..." Magma said. I just give him a small smile.

"Yeah, you're right... but in exchange..." Senku said. He looks up as water starts falling at a rapid pace. I smile softly. "You get to see all the insane stuff that humanity worked together for two million years to build. Stuff you've never would've seen otherwise. And we'll show you so much of it. It'll make your head spin. Just as long as you'd give it a chance..." I said. Magma's eyes soften at the sight of the pouring water.

Water starts filing higher. Senku pulls me closer to his chest, as he starts shivering violently. The water is freezing cold because of the winter. I wrap my arms around his neck, trying to preserve our body heats. But even so, it's still freezing cold.

"Go ahead and get up, you little twigs" Magma said. I pull away slightly to look at him. He looks confident. "I'm the number one power of the Ishigami Village. Senku, hold onto Y/N tightly" he said. Senku nods his head and tightens his arms around me. Magma swims beneath us. He picks the two of us up.

"Senku! I don't care if you're the boss anymore. At least, until we deal with that Tsukasa guy. But if you show me anything lame. I'll kill you!" He said. "I wouldn't think of the last one... cause I'll be the one to kill you first before you even have the thought!" I said.

"Y/N... hush and hold onto me" he said. I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. Magma throws the two of us into the air. Senku lands on his feet, holding me in his arms. "Can you stand?" He said. "I think..." I said. He gently places me on my feet. But he holds me, just in case I might fall over.

Senku let out a soft chuckle. "And yeah, that works for me. There's no way science can be lame" he said, directing it to Magma. I just smile softly. His love and passion for science never cease to amaze me.

He turns to look at me. "Now let's check your foot..." he said. I just nod my head. He reaches down, gently places his hand behind my knees. He scoops me up in his arms. We start walking away and settle down by the corner.

Senku kneels down in front of me, gently checking my foot. "It's twisted, all right..." he said. He take out two piece of wood and gently wrap a piece of fabric around my leg. I wince as he tied a knot.

"This'll do for now, at least until we manage to get your foot a proper treatment" he said. I just nod my head. He smiles and sit down next time. He wraps a blanket around our shoulders. I scoot closer to his body and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Magma's brute strength got us out of the worst-case scenario" Senku said, after a few moment of silence. I nod my head in agreement. "Worse-case scenario?" Chrome said.

"The fact that we'd have been dead had our body get any colder. That's why I can't stand you little twigs" Magma said. I growl at what he said. Senku gently rub my arm, trying to calm me down.

He turns to look at the others. "No. The worse-case scenario that would have occurred if we'd gotten any colder is... Magma, Y/N and I would have to hold each other to maintain our body heat..." he said. I cringe at the thought, while Chrome and Magma vomits rainbow at what he said.

"Of course... if it's just me and Y/N. I don't mind at all. She's my wife after all" he added. I blush and bury my face into his chest, which makes him let out a soft chuckle.

"Alas... that definitely is the worst-case scenario. How lucky it is that Y/N and Senku are married. So they'll be fine. But with Magma..." Chrome said. He shivers at last thought. "Yeah..." I said, not wanting to think about it.

"Anyway... let's not think about that anymore. What matters is that we got out of that pit hole alive..." I said. "Yeah... I couldn't agree more. We should get some sleep and continue tomorrow" Senku said, as he pulls me closer. I place my head against his chest. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep. We're safe... that's all that matters.

*to be continued*