Chapter 117

Previously on Chapter 116

I turn my head and notice a green light. My eyes widen at the sight. But there's no point in trying to run. It's going to be futile. So I just close my eyes, deciding to accept my fate. I feel my surrounding turns dark as the green light makes contact wihh to me. I'm trapped in stone once again. But I'm not worried nor scared, as I  believe in Senku. Senku... I know that you'll come and save me.

I'll be waiting for you...

-We Did It-

Senku P.O.V

"One meter five seconds..." I said. I watch as Ibara gets engulfed in the green light. His whole body slowly turn into stone. I walk towards him and grab the petrification device. I hold it up close to my face. "Aahhhhh!!!! I got it!!!" I yelled out.

I turn my head to look around. I slowly walks across the pathway towards the edge of the hill. "I'm alone" I said. I crouch down as I stare ahead. "I'm all alone... again" I said.

A ringing sound startled me. I turn my head, realizing it's the phone. I grab the cone. "Senku-San... can you hear me, Senku-San?" A familiar voice said. I let out a breathy laugh.

"No... this time I'm not alone" I said, softly to myself. I start to talk to Ruri about how things are here. But I made sure not to tell her too much, because they'd all be worried. Which is the last thing I'll need in this kind of situation.

The battery soon died. I turn my head to look forward. The first thing I need to do is to revive Y/N. She's my top priority right now. I move to stand up and begin to look for my wife.

***

I gently pour the revival fluid on her head. I step back a little as I watch the petrification become undone. I stay silent as I watch Y/N slowly opens her eyes. She looks around for a few seconds before turning to look at me.

"Senku..." she said. I smile softly at her. She stands up and throws her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She buries her face into the crook of my neck. "I was right. I knew you'd come for me..." she said, happily.

"Of course... I'll always find you no matter what" I said, gently running my hand through her hair. She hums in response as she nuzzles her face deeper into my neck. I smile softly to myself as I hold her close. I wince in pain, making Y/N pulls away.

Y/N P.O.V

I hear Senku wincing. I pull away from the hug to look at him. "Are you okay?" I asked, staring at him with a worried gaze. I scan his face as it contorted with obvious signs of being in pain.

I turn my head and notices a red spot on his sleeve. "Oh, Senku. You're hurt!" I said. I lift my hand and gently pulls the sleeve up, revealing a deep cut. Seeing the shape of it, it instantly clicked in my head. "Did Ibara did this to you?" I asked, turning to look at him. He just gives me a small smile. But that's enough to confirm what I said. I let out a low growl. "Oh, that bastard. I'm gonna destroy him" I said. Senku just pulls me into a hug.

"I'm gonna be fine... don't worry about it" he said. I let out a sigh as I return his embrace. "We should focus on getting everyone back..." he said. I just nod my head. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. "I'm just glad that I got you back. To me that's what matters most... you're my treasure, Y/N" he added.

"I should at least treat your wound" I said. I grab his hand as we make our way towards the inner palace. I remember seeing some stocks of herbs in one of the huts. I'm sure I'd be able to find what I need to create some paste for Senku's wound.

A While Later

I sit down next to Senku as I spread the numbing paste on his punctured wound. I slowly starts to wrap the area with an animal hide bandage. I'm so glad I that I learned a lot of herbs.

"Senku... what about Byakuya?" I asked, once I'm done with his wound. He turn his head to look at me. "Our baby is petrified too, isn't he?" I said. I feel tears starts to gather in my eyes.

"Hey... it's gonna be okay. We have enough revival fluid now. Let's go and get him now" he said. I smile at what he said and nod my head. He move to stand. He offers his hand to me. I gently grab his hand, allowing him to pull me up to my feet.

We find our son in the arms of Amaryllis who also gets petrified. I turn to look at Senku. He gently pours the fluid on both Byakuya and Amaryllis. I watch as the petrification becomes undone. Byakuya blinks his eyes and turn to look at me.

"Ma... mama!" He said. Tears well up in my eyes as I pick him up from Amaryllis's arms. He nuzzles into my shoulder. I turn my head to look at Senku who smiles brightly at us. He walks closer to us, gently wrapping his arms around us.

***

Senku and I have revived Gen, Taiju and Francois. We're all enjoying a good meal. I hear Amaryllis asking Senku about his relation with Ruri. In which, Francois answers for him.

"From what I heard, those two were married. But they got divorced" Francois said. Taiju's eyes widen at what he just heard. He rushes to Senku, grabbing him by his collars.

"Whaat?! You were married?! What about Y/N, huh? Did you cheat on my cousin?!" He exclaimed. I let out a nervous laugh as Senku covers his ears, while being yelled at by Taiju. Senku explains that it was only a few seconds, only to get more yelling from my cousin as he gets shakes back and forth. I let out a nervous laugh as I watch them.

"It's a long story, Taiju... it's going to take a lot of time if we have to explain it to you. Plus, it was all just a little misunderstanding" I said. He finally stops shaking my husband as he turns to look at me. "Let's just be glad that we have made it this far" I said. He grins and nod his head. Senku turn to look at me. I scoot closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. He return my embrace as I hug him tight.

We did it... we won

*to be continued*