Chapter 37

Previously on Chapter 36

It took so much to make someone like Senku cries. If he cries because he's worried and scared for me... I must have meant so much to him. He didn't want to lose me, just as much as I didn't want to lose him.

I'm sorry, Senku...

-New Plan-

Y/N P.O.V

After a while, Senku finally calms down. But he stays still, and didn't let me pull away. So I just stay silent until he's ready to pull away.

"Senku..." I said. He tightens his arms around me. I run my hand through his hair softly. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here..." I said. He let out a sigh and finally pulls away from me.

"Please don't act so reckless, Y/N..." he said. I smile apologetically at him. "I'm sorry... but I made a vow that I'm going to protect everyone. Including you" I said. He let out a sigh, knowing that he can't change my mind about wanting to protect everyone since I have made a vow.

He leans his forehead against mine. "You made me so scared, Y/N... when I saw that poison gas" he said. I lift my hands, placing them on his cheeks. I caress his cheeks softly.

"I'm sorry... it was never my intention to worry you, Senku" I said. He closes his eyes, leaning into my hands. He place a soft kiss on the palm of my hand.

He lift his hands and cups my cheeks. He leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss and kisses him back. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer, leaving no gap between us.

We pull away for air. "Come on... we've been here long enough. We have to make sure the others are doing okay. We need to rebuild what's been burnt" I said. He smiles and nods his head. He gently holds my hand as we make our way outside.

***

"What are we going to do now? Tsukasa-Chan finally about to find out that you're alive" Gen asked. As we are all gathering in the lab. "We obviously going to need a new plan... a plan where we can sneak in their base to search for their weaknesses. That's the most effective way if we want to win this fight" I said. Senku nods his head at what I said.

"That gives me an idea. Thank you, Y/N. We're going to make the most powerful weapon" he said. "What is this weapon are you talking about?" Gen asked. "Go ahead and cry tears of joy! It's time to bring out the real modern tech! The scientific advancements we've recreate from the Stone Age will finally reach all the way into modernity! This is the stuff we won wars in modern times! The strongest weapon in two billion years of humanity!" Senku said.

"You... don't mean nukes, do you?" Gen said. He looks and sounded nervous and scared. I let out a soft chuckle at what he said. "No... that'll ended up killing both sides" I said. Senku nods his head at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"The strongest weapon in two billion years of human history: communication technology. We're gonna make cellular phones, right here in the stone world!" Senku said.

"Cell..."

"... ular..."

"... phones?"

Everyone said. I turn my head and notice Gen with a look of both shocked and disbelief. I let out a laugh and gently punch his shoulder.

"Have you ever had enough of doubting Senku? You literally said everything he said is impossible. But he proved you wrong. Have a little faith, will you??" I said. He turns to me and laughs nervously. "Right..." he said.