Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

"I want to help. I haven't been useful because I've been wearing this mask..." she said, while dipping her hand inside the water. Senku smiles at her. "I appreciate that... I'm counting on you, Suika" he said, handing her his magnet. She looks excited because of Senku's kindness. I smile at the sight. Senku is right... I'd never be alone. I have to give these people a chance.

-We Need More Manpower-

Y/N P.O.V

Now that we have all the iron sand we need. We just have to melt it down using blast furnace that Senku have designed. But first we have to scale it. After we got the exact amount, we can start to melt it.

There's four bag next to each holes for the furnace. "We just gonna pump the air?" I said. Senku turns to look at me and nods his head. "Of course..." he said. "If it's that easy, I can do it myself" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her.

"Iron making isn't that simple, Kohaku-Chan. You need a lot of heat. You won't say that when you start"I said. She stares at me in confusion. I tilt my head as I stare at her with a raised eyebrow. "Why're you staring at me like that?" I said. I hear Senku let out a chuckle.

"They all think you're mute, Y/N. So... hearing you speak is a shock to them" he said. "O-Oh... sorry. I just... things happen and I... just can't get words out of my mouth" I said, laughing nervously. Kohaku walks towards me and gently place her hands on my shoulders.

"I understand, Y/N. Sometimes when we're in shock. Things like that could happen" she said. I give her a soft smile. "Thank you for understanding, Kohaku-Chan..." I said. She smiles softly at me.

"Alright... let's get working then. Oh, Y/N. You better stick this one out. You're still not well" Senku said. I turn to look at him and let out a sigh. I nod my head, knowing no matter how hard I try to argue with him. He won't listen to me.

I take a seat on a rock as watch them work their ass off, trying to pump the air to get the heat. Why won't Senku let me help them? There's 5 of us. It would've been a little easier.

***

In the end, they didn't manage to gain enough heat to melt the iron sand. They look so exhausted after pumping the air for so long. They just lay on the ground, breathing heavily.

I take my flute from my waist belt. Maybe I can't help them with physical work. But I can help them emotionally. I bring it close to my lips and start to play a soft tune.

I watch as they sit up and turn to look at me. I give them an eye smile. I close my eyes and keeps playing the song.

After the melody is over. I open my eyes and remove my flute from my lips. Senku smiles softly at me. "Thank you, Y/N. That helped strengthen our spirits. Right?" He said, turning to the others. They smiles and nods their heads.

"We obviously need more manpower..." he said. "But they wouldn't want to work like that. It's going to be hard to convince them" I said. He turns his head and nods his head in agreement.

"If only we can find out what they want..." he said. I turn to look at Suika. I remember she can disguise herself as a watermelon. "Suika... maybe you can help us find out? You can play as a detective..." I said.

"Detective Suika?" She said. I smile and nod my head. She grins and nods her head. She heads back to the village. I grin happily and turn to look at Senku.

"Good thinking, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at her and decide to wait until Suika comes back. It's going to take a while, because she have to listen everyone in the village.

At Night

Suika comes back. "The first one I listen to are from Ruby, Sapphire and Garnet" she said. "Oh... the three prettiest girls in the village" Kohaku said. "It'll be nice if their desire is something I can create from science" Senku said.

"They want... boyfriend!!" Suika said. I can instantly see Senku getting upset. I can't blame him, because there's no way we can create a boyfriend in any ways. That's just impossible.

Suika keeps telling us what she's been listening to. Until one perks our attention. "The biggest glutton in the village said he wants to eat something new" she said.

"Now that's something we can make for sure" I said, turning to look at Senku. He grins and nods his head. "But what should we make though, Senku?" I said. He thinks about it and turn to look at Suika who's playing with a little white dog. I turn to look at them too and see Suika holding something.

"Suika, what is that, anyway?" Senku said. "Oh it's my friend's favorite toy. Dogtail millet!" She said. "I think you mean foxtail millet" I said. I turn to look at Senku.

"Can't we make flour out of those?" I said. He turns to look at me and grin. "Yes... we're going to show the best dish back in our time" Senku said. I smile and nod my head. "But first... you guys need to rest" I said.

"But-" Senku tried to say. "Rest" I said, turning to him with a stern expression. He gulps and nods his head. I smile softly at him.

"Y/N-Chan?" I hear Suika said. I turn to look at her. "Hm?" I said. "What is that?" She said. She points at the flute on my waist. "Oh... it's a music instrument. We have a lot of different types of instruments. This is one of them..." I said. She looks interested. I smile at her excitement.

"Hmm... how about I make you something?" I said. "You'd make me something, really?" She said. I nod my head, smiling softly. "But it's kind of dark to do anything... I promise I'll make something tomorrow, okay?" I said. She grins and nods her head.

Senku stands up and gestures that we should head back to Chrome's hut to sleep. I just nod my head and follows him. I slip inside the sleeping bag and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to deep sleep.

*to be continued*