Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

I reach inside my pouch. But before I could do anything. Tsukasa swings his spear. My eyes widened in horror as a loud crack can be heard. Senku falls on the ground. His eyes have no light in them. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks at the sight.

SENKU!!

-Traumatized-

Y/N P.O.V

I cover my mouth as I start to cry. Senku's eyes have no light with no sign of life in them. No... this can't be happening. Senku... you can't die like this! Not like this!

"Senku... answer me, Senku!" Taiju said, holding Senku in his arms. I hold Senku's hand. "This is wrong... you can't die" I said, endless tears keeps streaming down my cheeks.

"He didn't suffer... I suggest that, as his friends. You give him a proper goodbye..." I hear Tsukasa said. I clench my hands into tight fists. I stand up and turn to him.

"Why is it so easy for you to kill someone, huh? You keep going on about tainted world. Do you realize that you're among them?? You're a killer!! You don't deserve to be in this world! If anyone should die. It's you!!!" I yelled, pointing my finger angrily at him. He gives me a cold gaze.

"I will taint my hands as much as I need. I'll be the only one who'll have to go through this..." he said. I just keep glaring at him. I hear a growl behind me. I turn around to see Taiju trying to lift a boulder. He throws it in the air, instead of directing it to Tsukasa, who. stares at the boulder.

Yuzuriha quickly throws the gunpowder we've packed at him. He kicks it, sending the content flying. Surrounding the area with the gunpowder.

I take it as a chance and quickly reach inside my pouch. I several of the weapon I made at him. I'm sure it's going to hit him and I was right when I hear the sound. Then we run away.

***

We're now in the forest. Taiju is giving Senku a CPR to try and get his heart beating again. "I don't even know what I'm doing!" He said. He puckered his lips to give Senku a mouth to mouth resuscitation. But in the end he decides against it.

"Senku... he sacrifice himself for me" Yuzuriha said. I turn to look at her in surprise. "Senku would never kill himself. He would never sacrifice himself either" Taiju said. I start to rack my brain for any way to bring Senku back. I turn to look at Yuzuriha. Then it clicked.

"His neck... it's still petrified!" I said. Taiju turns Senku to make him lay on his stomach. Yuzuriha hands the revival fluid to me. I take it from her and pours it on Senku's neck. Please work... don't die on me Senku.

"I know you wouldn't die in a place like this! Please come back! Wake up, Senku!!" Taiju yelled. "You have a purpose, Senku! You can't give up now!" I yelled too, endless tears streams down my cheeks.

Suddenly it have stopped raining. "Don't raise your voices. If Tsukasa hears us. We'll be instantly screwed..." a voice said. I turn my head and gasp. Senku is standing with a smirk on his face. The other two didn't realize it. Instead they think someone else is talking.

I just stare at Senku, not knowing what to say. He's alive... and by the looks of it, his neck healed. I start to smile softly as tears keeps streaming down my cheeks.

"Sen..." Yuzuriha said. "... Ku" Taiju finished. He let out a scream and rushes towards Senku. He hugs him in a very tight hug. I wince at the sound of cracking. Senku kicks Taiju off of him.

"Never mind my cervical nerve! You just crushed my entire body!! I'll kill you!" He yelled, angrily. I look down, my entire body is still shaking from what had happened a while ago. Senku... he could've died if it weren't for the healing effect from the petrification.

Senku kneels down in front of me. "I'm okay, Y/N. It's okay..." he said. I just wrap my arms around his neck. Senku isn't the type of guy who likes to be hug. But he stays still for my sake and lets me hugs him. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as I cry. For a second, I really thought I'm going to lose him. I really thought he's gone.

After a while, I finally calmed down. But the pain is still there. It will be the most traumatizing thing I'd ever witness. I almost lose the boy I love.

Senku whispers something in Yuzuriha's ear. I can see her eyes widening a little. "That really is really grueling. But I'll do it!" She said. I'm still too shaken up to say anything. So I just stay silent.

"Are you sharing a secret?? Let me in too!" Taiju said. "Err... I, um... was saying maybe we should go see Tsukasa-Kun's" she said. "Oh yeah... WHAT??" Taiju yelled.

"Tsukasa thinks I'm in the afterlife now. Meanwhile, I can always know where Tsukasa is. I gave Yuzuriha the detail about the mission. Taiju, you protect Yuzuriha. Y/N will be coming with me. She's in no condition to serve as a double agent seeing how shaken up she seem. You can just say that she choses the path of solitude after what happened. Don't worry, I'll keep your cousin safe..." Senku said. He turns to look at me and gives me a smile. I just give him a weak smile.

"We're going to find the mystery people who fired the smoke signals and get them on our side..." he said. Taiju nods his head in understanding. Senku walks over to me and offers his hand, since I'm still kneeling on the ground. I place my hand on top of his and he pulls me up to my feet. I walk towards Yuzuriha and gives her a hug.

"Stay safe, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I just nod my head and tighten my arms around him. I still don't trust my voice. What happened earlier... the sight of Senku's eyes that is devoid of life really scares me.

Senku is right. I'm in no condition to serve as a double agent. Besides, I doubt Tsukasa would even want me around him because of that little attack. So going with Senku is the option I have.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at her. She give me a close eyes smile. I turn around and walk up to Senku who's waiting for me. Then we walk separate ways, with our own mission to complete.

*to be continued*