Chapter 57

Previously on Chapter 56

"Hello, Taiju. It's been a while, huh?" I said, trying to hold myself from crying. "Y/N-Chan!!" I can hear my best-friends voice. I smile softly. "Yuzuriha-Chan. Oh it's so good to hear your voice again after so long"I said, finally letting a tear escape my eyes. I can hear her giggling softly. It's so good to finally hear the voices of my cousin and best friend. I'm so glad that they're both okay.

-Tearful Reunion-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku let out a soft chuckle after we hear the voices of your friends. It's been almost a year that we have been separated from them. Now for the first time, we get to hear their voices again.

"I missed this all so much, I could cry. Including your ridiculously loud voice..." he said. But knowing Senku. He won't actually shed any tears. But I know deep down that he truly miss his childhood friend just as much as I do.

"Is this the guy we've heard so much?" Ginro asked. I turn to look at him. "Yeah, he's my cousin... Taiju..." I said. Kaseki let out a cry of joy and raises his arm. "It finally connected! Our cell phone hot line, over an absurd distance!" He said. I let out a laugh and give Senku a hug from behind. Senku smiles softly and places a hand on top of mine.

Senku! Y/N!! Taiju's voice can be heard. But from the voice, I can tell that he's choked up in his tears. "It's been just about a year, huh?" He said. I nod my head in agreement.

I... Senku... I'm... Senku Taiju said, through his sobs. "Keep it together, buddy. Don't go bawling on us. We are doing alright here..." I said, trying not to laugh. But he just keeps stuttering out.

I am Senku!!! Taiju suddenly yelled out. Everyone's face turns from amazement to disbelief. Senku's not so different. "No you're not... I'm Senku" he said. I just shake my head. I'm sorry... I'm just so happy he said.

Y/N-Chan... how are you doing? Yuzuriha said. I turn to the speaker cone and smiles softly. "I'm fine, Yuzuriha-Chan... have you been well?" I asked. I'm fine too... I miss you so much, Y/N-Chan she said. I let my tears escape my eyes. Senku gently place his hand on my cheek, gently wiping it away.

"I miss you too, Yuzuriha-Chan... and Taiju too" I said. I can hear a soft giggle of Yuzuriha on the other side. It's definitely so comforting to hear her voice again. I miss all the time we had spent together. All those girls night, the times we share our thoughts and do the things we love.

"I'd love to sit here shaking in awe of our cell phones working as we reminisce about all times for ten billion years. But I think you're gonna have to get going..." Senku said. I turn to look at him and pout, sad because we have to cut our connection soon. Senku laughs at my expression and gently caress my cheek. He places a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"I'll get straight to the point. First, tear someone from Tsukasa and drag them to the cell phone. Make up any reason you need to. I'll fill in the details" he said, to Taiju and Yuzuriha.

"Are you sure you don't need to rehearse that?" Kaseki said. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. "Don't worry... I'm sure Senku knows what he's doing" I said. He just nods his head.

"I don't think he has an option, so long as there are guards watching them" Kohaku said. I turn to look at Senku. Then I turn to look at the speaker cone. "It's best if you don't know the plan, Taiju. All you need to do is believe in us. Believe in us like you always do" I said.

"Y/N's right. Just believe in everything we say like the idiot you are, even if it sounds crazy" Senku said. I turn to him and gently smack is shoulder.

"That's so half-assed! I'd be mad if I were Taiju-kun!" Ginro said. "Well... you're not Taiju. And... Taiju rarely ever gets mad over something. But it's still not nice!" I said, glaring at Senku.

Senku, Y/N... let me make sure of one thing... Taiju said. I turn to the speaker cone. "Sure, anything for you, buddy" I said. That's the best way to avoid bloodshed, is that right? He said.

"Yeah... that's the best way to avoid bloodshed" Senku said. "Can you trust us, Taiju? Yuzuriha?" I said. All right, I got it, Senku... Y/N. If that's what you think, then I don't need any more explanation Taiju said. I smile softly, knowing that means he trusts us.

"We don't have much time left until the Tsukasa Army makes full assault. Gen will be back tomorrow or so. The mission begins immediately" Senku said. I nod my head in agreement. "Have you gotten any message from Gen and the others?" I said.

No, I haven't heard anything. All I saw was the receiver buried really deep in the ground Taiju said. My eyes widened at what he said. Senku also have the same reaction as me.

If they hadn't receive any message... which means Gen and the others must have been captured. I shake my head. No... I can't have any negative thoughts. They'll be fine. They're all smart and Magma is a strong man. They also have a mentalist with them.

The call eventually ended. Now we have to prepare the record player, so it'll spin smoother. Kaseki makes a swirly copper, it'll help make the recorder spin. Spinning it manually would messed up the song.

"Now we just have to wait for Gen..." I said. He's the only one who masters the art of voice mimic. If he's not here by the time Taiju and Yuzuriha bring over a person... then it's game over for us.

I hear rapid footsteps. I turn my head to see Gen. I smile happily at the sight of him. I rushes over to him and wrap my arms around his torso. He looks out of breath. But he's in a good condition.

"So, Senku-Chan, Y/N-Chan, who's the first one I need to win over first?" He said, once he manage to catch his breath. "Gen!!" Suika said, delighted at the sight of the mentalist. I grin happily at the sight of him.

"You're okay! Thank goodness!" I said. He let out a soft chuckle and hugs me back. "Looks like I finally melted away your cautiousness of me, huh?" He said. I let out a soft chuckle and pulls away from him.

"I never doubted you, Gen. But, where's Chrome and Magma?" I said. He let out a sigh at what I asked. "They played as baits to help me escape... hopefully, they'll return. But I can't guarantee it. Sorry..." he said. I just pat his back softly. I hope Chrome and Magma are okay.

Magma just learns to be a good person. It'll be unfair to let him fall just like that. Ugh... why the hell am I thinking like this!! Of course, they'll be fine. Chrome always have tricks up his sleeves. He'll find a way to get out of that situation.

*to be continued*