Chapter 53

Previously on Chapter 52

He place a gentle kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly to myself and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep. I promise, Byakuya-San. I promise that I will always stay by Senku's side... always.

-Creating Space Food-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku is currently going over some blueprints, for the next project he plans to make. I turn my head and notice Gen doing a mini story telling for the kids. The kids seems to be so indulged in the story. Although, I know Gen is doing this so he can have a little break from the works.

"The kids certainly love him. Well, then, let's hear a word from our amazing leader. Senku-Chan!!" Gen said. I can tell Senku is getting slightly annoyed by his disturbance.

"Sure, whatever. That was absolutely riveting. Your super stone world foundation story was epic. Also, Gen, quit babbling and put your hands to work" he said. I let out a chuckle and gently pat his back.

"He's only trying to tell your legacy to the kids. Let him be... it'll inspire them to try harder..." I said. Senku turns to look at me and let out a sigh. "Just because you said so..." he said. I turn to look at Gen who smiles and continues to tell Senku's journey to the kids.

"Although, Senku-Chan... we worked so hard on the cell phones so we could execute a preemptive attack on Tsukasa-Chan. Shouldn't we get moving? It's going to be spring soon, and they'll come knocking. What are we making next?" Gen said. Senku grins at what he said.

"Yeah... that's why we're going to finish up this super science project item" he said, turning to look at Gen. Gen stares at him in confusion. "A super item?" He said.

"We're going to defeat Tsukasa's empire with agility and speed! We're making humanity's greatest survival science product: space food!" He said. Gen's face makes me let out a snort. I cover my mouth in embarrassment, as my cheeks starts to grow warm. Senku turn to me with an amused expression.

"That's gotta be the cutest snort I've ever heard" he said, smirking at me. The blush on my cheeks gets redder because of his comment. I pout and start hitting his shoulder repeatedly.

"Stop teasing me!!" I whined. He just let out a laugh and grab my hand. He bring it close to his lips and gently place a soft kiss on the back of my hand. "It's not my fault" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. He smiles and place his hand on my waist. He pulls me down, until I'm sitting on his lap. I let out a yelp at his sudden move, and blushes.

"Ehem..." Gen said, clearing his throat. I turn to look at him. He gestures around him. My eyes widened as I realize there's kids around us. Senku just chuckles at the expression of horror on my face.

I quickly get off of his lap. "Senku! Stop laughing. There's literally kids around us. We shouldn't be showing this kind of things to them!" I said, as start to pull on his cheek. "Okay! Okay!" He said, trying to pull my hand away from his cheek.

I release his cheek and cross my arms, staring at him with a pout. He shakes his head, looking like he's trying not to laugh again. He stands up and turns to the others. He starts to tell them what to do.

"What's 'space'?" Suika said. "It's that place way, way above the sky" Chrome said, pointing at the sky. Grandpa Kaseki starts to get thrilled by what he said. "This is starting to sound exciting, I can't wait!" He said.

"Yeah. We're upgrading our favorite foxtail millet ramen to be fit for battle. Think you can help them with that, Y/N?" he said, turning to look at me. I turn to look at him and smiles softly.

"I'll try my best" I said. He smiles and places a soft kiss on the side of my head. "Of course you will. I'm counting on you, love" he said. He hands me some notes about what I should be doing.

***

We finally finish preparing the ramen. Now we just have to freeze it solid. Kinro and Ginro will be the one responsible in making the igloo to freeze the newly made ramen.

The Next Day

It's not the next day, which means the ramen should be frozen solid by now. Senku walks inside the igloo and grabs on of it. Everyone stares at the frozen food in curiosity.

"This is space ramen?" Kohaku said. I shake my head at what she said. "Nope, this is just frozen food..." I said. Senku wraps his arm around my shoulder, a habit he have picked up ever since we got together.

"We're going to lighten this to hell and back so our troops can be even more mobile" he said. Everyone looks confused at what he said. "Lighten ramen? You don't mean..." Gen said, finally realizing where this is going.

Senku starts explaining to them the steps of freeze-drying the ramen into an actual space food, or in this case... cup-noodles. I can tell what he said is making everyone confused. I lean up, so my lips is right next to his ear.

"Explain it in a more simple way. They can't keep up with you, Senku..." I said. He turns to me and nods his head. He follows my request and explain to the villagers in a much simpler words.

In no time, we finally got it done. Kinro and Ginro looks utterly grossed out by the sight. "It look small and light, but..." Kinro starts. "Uh, it looks gross. It's all spongy and rough" Ginro said.

"You're not eating it like this, silly... we have to pour some hot water into it" I said, giggling softly. I grab a kettle and gently pour it into the cup noodle Senku is holding. Everyone gathers around and watch as the cup noodle starts to become soft.

"Is this really edible though?" Kohaku said, eyeing it skeptically. Chrome rushes forward with a fork in his hand, looking excited. "Yo, I'll be the Guinea pig. A science user never hesitates to jump on anything new" he said. Kohaku and Suika stares at him with a smirk.

"You've said that before, too" Suika said. "I'm pretty sure you just want to eat it before we do..." Kohaku added. Chrome flinched as his face turns pale. But he didn't say anything and just take a bite.

"Yummy!!!" He said, gleefully. I smile softly as the other villagers wants to eat too. I start to pour more hot water into various cups and served it to them. I made sure everyone have their portion before taking one for myself.

I take a seat by the fire because it's freezing cold. I gently blow on the noodle and slurp it. It does tastes a lot bitter to the ones I had in the modern world. But this is the closest thing I have to the ramen we used to have. So it should do, at least until we're able to find the proper ingredients we need to make the actual ramen.

Senku walks over and take a seat next to me. I turn to look at him after taking another bite. I smile at him and place my empty cup down. He lift his arm, inviting me to scoot closer. I scoot closer to him and place my head on his shoulder.

"Say. Senku..." I said. He let out a hum as a respond. "Can you tell what your father was like... and this space food thingy. Was it from your dad? Have you had it with him?" I asked. I feel him nod his head, since he have his head on top of mine. He starts to tell me stories from when he was a kid, along with his father.

It's such a shame that I'll never have a chance to meet his dad. But even through Senku's description and what he was like... I can tell that he's an amazing man.

I'm sure Senku thinks so too even though he's being really cold to his dad. I just know deep down, Senku adores his dad. Otherwise, we wouldn't have shed tears that day on the first visit to the cemetery.

Senku just rarely shows his emotions. He just hid them really well. But I can always see through him. That's how much we connect to one another... that is how much I love him.

*to be continued*