Chapter 26

Previously on Chapter 25

He let out a sigh and turn me to have him. "Sorry... you know I don't mean it literally..." he said. I just give him a sad gaze. "I'm just scared to lose you" I said. He wraps his arms around me. "It'll be fine, Y/N..." he said, running his hand through my hair. I just wrap my arms around his torso, leaning my head on his chest. I don't want to lose Senku... not again.

-The Grand Bout-

Y/N P.O.V

I watch as Senku is holding the weapon they're using for the Grand Bout. "You're participating in the Grand Bout?" Kohaku said. "I signed him up!" Ginro said.

"Seriously?" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. Senku turns to look at me. "Don't worry... I'm not planning on winning. I'm only going to tire the others up" he said. Ginro walks up to me. "Then when he's facing us, he'll pretend to get hit. We move up without breaking a sweat!" He said. Kinro's face turns into a shock one.

"You're rigging the game. You're way too underhand, Ginro" He said. Kinro and Senku starts to tease him. Kinro asked Kohaku, who agrees without a hesitation. All she cares about is curing her older sister.

Kinro turns to look at me. "What do you think?" He said. I shrug my shoulder. "I trust Senku. If that's what he thinks is best, I'll just go along with it..." I said. Kinro sighs in defeat, knowing he's been out-voted.

We make our way inside the field, where the Grand Bout will be held. "This is our first step, Y/N... can you believe that? After almost half a year..." Senku said. I smile softly at him, as make our way passed Kinro and Ginro.

"For years. No, possibly even from long, long ago in the past..." someone said. I turn around to see a girl with long blond hair and blue eyes. She reminds me of my idol. Lillian Weinberg.

"Senku-San, right?" She said. Senku just stare at her over his shoulder. "So you're the priestess, Ruri? We finally meet, huh?" He said. "There's something I must ask you. Senku, what is your last name?" She said.

Last name? I thought the Stone Age didn't use last names... I thought to myself, as I stare at her with a confused face. "Your last name is another name that attaches to-" she said. "Yeah, I know what it is..." Senku said, cutting her off.

"Could it be that you're Ishi-" Ruri tries to speak, but she falls forward and starts coughing violently. Senku rushes forward to help her, but a woman stops him.

"I have tons of questions, too... let's have a long, long interview once the Grand Bout is over with" Senku said. I turn my head when I hear a sound of laughter. The sound is coming from Magma.

"This is excellent. I might not need to kill Ruri. It looks like she'll croak as soon as we get married" he said. I clench my hands into tight fists at what he said. I turn my head and notice Kohaku about to attack him, but Chrome stops her.

Our hope of the result will be Kinro facing Magma in the grand final. I stand next to Senku, as we wait for the result to be down. Suika starts muttering prayer. I'm surprise she can say that without twisting her tongue.

Everyone makes a dead-pan face when the first match turns out to be Kinro VS Magma

"This is bad..." I muttered under my breath. At least, Senku will be facing Kohaku. I know she won't hurt him, because we're all on the same sides. It's Magma and that Mantle guy that worries me.

We're back in Senku's lab, as we wait for the time of the match. "Damn it, how can we be so unlucky!" Chrome said. "What can you do? A science user doesn't count on being lucky. You just do what you can, even if you're dealt with the worst cards" Senku said. I turn to look at him, to see him holding a bottle filled with yellowish liquid.

"A rigged Grand Bout is won by doping... with this Kingdom special science power-up drink!" He said. I stare at him with a raised eyebrow. "Kind of like a caffeine?" I said. He turns to look at me. "Not 'like.' It does contains caffeine. It will act as stimulant. The sweet flag will keep you cool, and the honey will jack your blood sugar through the roof" he said. I let out a hum and turn my head.

"Ginro! Why are you eating those??" I said. Kinro bonks his head 3 times. Since the ingredients is out, Suika volunteers to go get some more ingredients.

***

We are heading to the arena, when someone yelled behind us. We turn our heads to see Mantle. "This is bad! Suika's drowning... Kohaku, you're the fastest! You need to save her before it's too late!" He said. I walk towards him and squad down to his height.

"You're obviously lying... you sweat a lot and didn't dare to make eye-contact" I said. "I-I'm not lying!" He said. Senku and Chrome walks towards him. They start to step on him, which makes the bridge starts shaking.

"You might want to think twice if you want to play the brain game against the science team!" Chrome said. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Kohaku with a worried face.

"I know that he's lying. But if there's a chance that he isn't. Then I'll be letting Suika die. I have to go to the river to make sure she's okay" she said. She left without saying another word. I turn my head to see Mantle grinning mischievously.

"If you... lie. I'll make sure to gut you out..." I hissed, glaring at him with the coldest glare I could muster. Mantle's face turns paper white. I stand straight and turn to follow the others.

Aside from Kinro. Kohaku is another one that stand a chance against Magma. Now that she left. Our only hope would be Kinro. This is bad... let's hope we can still pull this off. If we lose, we won't be able to save Ruri from her sickness. Which will cause so many problems. Kohaku... you better return fast.

*to be continued*