Chapter 61

Previously on Chapter 60

I let out a sigh and rub my nose. As much as I'm scared to lose her, I know he's right. Y/N need to have a clearance. Only then she'd be truly free from her past. Guess it can't be helped. I can only hope that she won't ended leaving me for that guy.

-Distant Memories-

Y/N P.O.V

Magma have returned not too long ago. He told us that Chrome have been captured by the Tsukasa's empire. Right now, he's having some water. It must be exhausting for him.

"What's the plan, twig?" Magma said, staring right at Senku. I turn to look at him, waiting for his answer. He was about to respond, when Kohaku runs off. I turn to look at her. "Kohaku! Don't be reckless!" I yelled, chasing after her.

"Get back here, Lioness" Senku's voice said. I stop running and turn around to see Senku holding the speaker. Kohaku stops in her tracks.

"I'm NOT a lioness!!" She said. "Hey, she stopped!" Everyone said. Kokuyo instantly grabs his daughter to prevent her from running off. She struggles to get out of his grip.

"Let me go, father!" She said. I stand in front of her. "You can't save Chrome by yourself. Tsukasa and his entire army will catch you too... think more logically, will you? If you still try to run for it, I have no choice but to paralyze you" I said. She slowly starts to calm down.

Senku walks towards us and stands next to me. "If she can't do it on her own. Why not all go together?" He said. I turn to look at him in surprise. Ginro's jaw dropped at what he said. "You don't mean..." he said. I can see him shaking in fear at what Senku suggest.

The only problem is that, we have to bring all of our scientific weapon. But there's no way we can carry them all out with us. Suika tried to carry one. But it tip over. Luckily, I came quick to her rescue and take it from her.

"How are we carrying all of this?" I said. Senku let out a chuckle. "That won't be an issue" he said. I turn to look at him, and behind him. Grandpa Kaseki is holding an iron saw. There's something that looks like a wheel. Wait... a wheel?!

"Wait, no way!!" Gen yelled out. "We're making an automobile!!" Senku said, proudly. I just smile at his excitement.

***

Senku is drawing some blueprints on how he wants the automobile to be. He keeps going back and forth as he thinks about it. He starts to draw as soon as he gets a new idea.

"He's really enjoying himself

"He's really enjoying himself..." I said, giggling softly to myself. Gen let out a chuckle at what I said.

Everyone else seems confused. "Amazing! Is this a schematic or something?" Grandpa Kaseki said. "He's drawing so many circles and triangles and lines that my eyes are getting tired" Suika said. Gen walks up to Senku and have a little chat with him.

After he's done, we started by making beeswax to make a mold. Gen thinks we'd use the beeswax. I can tell he's embarrassed when Senku told him what it's for.

Grandpa Kaseki is still slightly confused. So Senku starts explaining it to him. As he explains further, grandpa Kaseki starts to get more and more excited. I let out a laugh at the face Senku is making.

"And he's forgetting the fact that we're making this is to save Chrome..." I said, shaking my head. Kohaku let out a sigh next to me. "I still fail to see what you see in that guy" she said. I turn to look at her. "You don't need a reason to love someone. You just do... you'll understand when you're in love..." I said. She turns to look at me.

"By the way... is Senku your first love?" She said. I froze at what she said. I shake my head. "Err... no. I was in love with someone else before meeting him..." I said. Her eyes widened at what I said. "Really? Who was he?" She said. I let out a sigh and pat her shoulder.

"Even if I tell you his name... what good would that do you, hm? You won't know him..." I said. She let out a hum and nod her head, realizing that I don't want to talk about him.

Time-skip

It's now night time. But I can't fall asleep, so I just stay outside. I stare at the sky. The night air gently blow my hair softly. I close my eyes, deep in thought.

Flashback

I was reading book in my living room, when the sound of knocking snapped me out of my little world. I placed the bookmark on the current page and stand up. I made my way to the front door and opened it.

"Hello?" I said, when I realized no one is there. I nearly jumped out of my skin when someone jumped out of nowhere. I let out a shriek, which made the person laughed. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized who it was.

"Ukyo!! You scared the hell outta me!" yelled, hitting his shoulder with my hands repeatedly. He caught my hands as he laughed. "I'm sorry, love..." he said, placing a soft kiss on my nose. I blushed at his gentle gesture. He let out a chuckle and ruffled my hair.

"Oh, I got you something..." he said, he pulled out a bouquet of f/f from behind him. I gasped in awe at the sight of my favorite flower. I took it from him and sniffed it.

I moved aside and let him entered my house. He closed the door behind him. We made our way to the living room. I took a seat on the couch with him next to me.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. My head automatically found its place on his shoulder. He gently ran his hand through my hair, and places a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"I promise that I will love you, forever..." he said. I pull away slightly and turned to look at him. "And I'll love you forever, Ukyo..." I said. He smiled softly and leaned his forehead against mine.

End of Flashback

Tears slowly streams down my cheeks as I think about that day. "And in the end... even your forever meant nothing, Ukyo. Because right after you said that... you never came back..." I said.

I remember I waited for him the next day, and the day after that... which continues for a while, until I finally accepts the fact that he would never come back. Now he's nothing but a distant memories, until Gen mentioned his name and it all started coming back to me.

*to be continued*