Chapter 70

Previously on Chapter 69

"And dynamite daggers. If you know me... you'd know that I never missed..." I said, making their faces turns pale. Gen claps his hand happily. "The tides have turned! The war is over! That's it! The end!" Gen said. I just chuckle at what he said. We have won this battle. The Tsukasa empire have no choice but to surrender now.

-A Temporary Truce-

Y/N P.O.V

"Whether I parry or smack it down, it'll explode. There's no way to dodge a large blast. Yes. It's true that we're out of moves. But that would surely cause collateral damage and kill many people. Senku, you are incapable of abandoning people. You would never sacrifice yourself, either" Tsukasa said. Senku let out a chuckle at what he said.

"Well, well, looks like we're both stuck. This isn't a victory... it's a stalemate" he said, walking towards Tsukasa while still holding the dynamite plane in one of his hand.

"And you deliberately created this situation. Which means, Senku, your objective is..." Tsukasa said. Senku nods his head. "Yeah, to negotiate, Tsukasa. Gen, you said you first met Tsukasa on a TV special" Senku said.

"Eh? Oh yeah, that's right" Gen said. I blink my eyes in surprise. When did they have this kind of talk. "Don't you think that's a bit odd? He could have had everything in the world, yet he's pushing forward with a noble goal of purifying established power or whatever. That's the kind of man Shishio Tsukasa is. Yet this guy had been participating in a ton of fights, and showing up on TV all the time, making a ton of money. So much that he earned the nickname, 'strongest primate high schooler.' It doesn't add up. That just doesn't seem like his style" Senku said, explaining his point.

"That's true" I said, nodding my head as I realize his point. "Making a ton of money seemed like such an obvious thing to do that I never even thought about it..." Gen said. I realize what that means. Tsukasa once talked about a boy who wanted to make a seashell necklace to his sister. I realize that the boy he's been talking about is himself.

"She's alive, isn't she, Tsukasa? Your little sister?" I said. My eyes soften as I finally realize. Tsukasa has been holding up a lot of pain by himself. He must've felt neglected by the adults. That's why he hates them so much.

"We might be able to heal her... with the peripheral healing effect of reviving from petrification. It's all-or-nothing, but there's a chance" Senku said. I nod my head in agreement.

"I've seen how effective it was. You broke his neck. The revival fluid healed his neck as soon as the petrification is undone... it might work on your little sister too, Tsukasa" I said. Senku walks up to the cave.

"So, as for that rejuvenation fluid..." he said, while standing by the cave. He turns to look at Tsukasa. "OH, look at that! We have all of it!" He said, while patting the wall of the cave.

"I still fail to see what you see in that guy..." Kohaku said, making me jump at her sudden appearance. I place my hand on my chest, trying to calm my heart. I let out a soft giggle and shake my head.

"You will understand when you fall in love, Kohaku" I said. She just hums and eyed Senku with a straight face. I turn to look at Tsukasa as he thinks about it.

"What are your terms?" He said, staring at Senku. He smiles and walks forward. "We're offering one chance to revive your sister. In exchange, we want a truce..." he said. Tsukasa eyed him with his cold gaze.

"What reason do I have to believe you?" He said. I let out a sigh and walks forward. I place my free hand on my hip, as the other is still holding the dynamite dagger.

"You know well that Senku never lie when it comes to science" I said. "Y/N is right. All you have is my word. Is that not enough?" He said. Tsukasa closes his eyes and nods his head.

"No, that's plenty... that's plenty..." he said. I smile softly, knowing he actually agrees on calling it a truce. For now, at least. Now we just have to wish the rejuvenation works on his sister.

Everyone cheers happily because we have ended the war. Even if it's just temporary. I hear a thud and turn around to see Ukyo on his knees, holding onto his stomach. I rush towards him and gently place the dagger down.

"We have to properly treat your wound... that was rushed earlier. Can you take your shirt off?" I said. He just take his shirt off without any words. I grab a bandage I made with some animal skin.

I start to apply some more herb paste on his wound. Then I slowly wrap the bandage around him. I can feel his eyes on me the whole time, but I didn't look back at him.

After a few minutes passed, I've finally completed wrapping the bandage around his wound. "Alright. This should be good now..." I said. I stand up and was about to walk away, when I feel a hand gently grabs mine.

"Thank you, Y/N..." he said, in a soft voice. I just keep my head away. "I just did what I had to do as a human being..." I said. I gently move my hand out of his.

***

We make our way towards where the camp is after Senku finished making the revival fluid. I just walk in silence while the others talks to Tsukasa about his little sister.

"Why did you decide to do something so horrible as purifying humanity?" Ukyo said. I glance at him as he's not walking too far from where me and Senku are.

"Horrible... that it may be. What would you have done? If you were reborn in the stone world where there was almost no one else, and you learned that there was a revival fluid. A primitive world can't sustain a large number of people. There's no guarantee that we can make unlimited revival fluid. Ukyo, who would you have chosen?" Tsukasa said.

"Someone I love... that'll be my first choice" he said, in a hushed voice. But loud enough to be heard. My eyes widened. I take a glance at him. I can see his eyes lingering on me. I quickly look away from him. He still loves me? But if he loves me... why did he left me all those decades ago?

*to be continued*