Chapter 93

Previously on Chapter 92

Gen stays silent as he tries to listen carefully. "W... H... Y?" He said. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion at what he said. Why? The signals said why? But what does that suppose to mean? And most importantly...

Who is that?

-Iron Deposit-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku is sure that the WHY man is the one behind the world's petrification. Now that we found the person responsible for every human turning into stones, we just have to figure out how to find them and figure out how to claim the device. Once we get our hands on the device, we'd be able to revive Tsukasa.

But, we're having a problem. We need more iron but there barely any left in the river. Which means, we're kinda stuck. We need a lot of irons in order to continue building our ship.

I notice Chrome working at the lab. Out of curiosity, I make my way to see what he's up to. He seem to be working on something with the sonar radar. I raise an eyebrow as he starts working.

"Yes!! It's working!!" He said. As he holds up a copper covered tube. I furrowed my eyebrow as I walk to stand next to him. "I'm gonna go and explore! Wish me luck! Bye!!" He said. He didn't even wait for me to reply as he already ran off. I just blink my eyes as I watch his figure gradually becomes smaller.

"What's he up to?" A voice said, making me jump. I turn my head to see Senku with his hands on his hips. I shrug my shoulders, letting him know I don't know what that man is up to.

He shakes his head and walks up to me. I yelp when he pulls me closer by the waist. I open my mouth to scold him for scaring me, but didn't get a chance to as he grins and gently places his lips against mine. I hold myself from rolling my eyes.

Senku notices that and let out a soft chuckle in between the kiss. A soft smile starts forming on my face. I slowly close my eyes as I kiss him back. My arms went around his neck to pull him closer.

He pulls away and keeps his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry I haven't been spending time with you, Y/N. Works just keeps on coming and we have to make the ship so we can set sail soon" he said. I smile softly at what he said. I lift my hands, gently cupping his cheeks.

"It's fine, Senku. I don't mind. We have to focus on solving our petrification problem. We can spend as much time as we want once we get it done" I said. He smiles at what I said. He leans his cheek against my touch as I gently caress his skin with my thumbs.

"You're literally the best wife, love..." he said. I blush at what he said. He let out a chuckle. He pulls me tighter, placing his chin on top of my head. I lean my head on his chest, closing my eyes as I listen to his steady heartbeat.

***

I hold onto Senku as the car speeds. It kinda scares me how fast we're going and I don't want to get thrown off. I hear Chrome's voice as he screams out Senku's name. I turn my head to see him waving like crazy by the cave.

The car comes to a stop. Senku steps out of the car and turn to look at me. He places his hands under my armpits. I place my hands on his shoulder allowing him to pick me up to get out of the car. He gently places me down on the ground and grabs my hand as Chrome eagerly waits for us to reach him.

It turns out, Chrome have found an iron deposit. This makes Senku and him excited. I smile softly as Senku praises Chrome for his achievement. I give Chrome a pat on his back as a sign of appreciation for his work.

Everyone starts to work on getting the as many irons as they need in order to create the ship. I stand a little far from the mining site. Senku wants me no where near it, saying the ground might break under me. Ever since the day I got hurt during the battle with Hyoga. He's been so protective towards me.

I'm curious what's going on down there. I was about to walk closer, when a hand grab the back of my hoodie. I yelp as I stumble a little. I turn my head to see Senku. He stares at me with a look of disapproval.

"What did I say about coming closer?" He asked, sternly. I gulp and let out a nervous laugh. He let out a sigh and move his hand from my hoodie to my shoulder, turning me around to face him. "I told you it's dangerous to be too close to a mining site. I don't want you getting hurt" he said.

"Hmph! Fine..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest while sulking. I hear Senku chuckling. He gently wrap an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He cup the side of my cheek, turning my face to look at him.

"Gosh... what am I gonna with you?" He said, chuckling softly at the sight of my pouty face. He nudge his nose with mine, causing my cheek to grow warmer. Even after being married for quite a while, I still feel embarrassed whenever he did that. "Please don't be mad at me, love. I just want you to be safe..." he said, in a soft voice.

"You make it seem like I can't take care of myself... I'm perfectly capable. Did you forget who helped defeated Hyoga?" I said. He frowns at what I said. He let out a sigh and pulls me closer, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Yeah... I know. But it nearly caused your life, Y/N. And I'm scared to lose you" he said, in a hushed voice. I feel my shoulder wet. My eyes widen when I realize Senku is crying. I look around, noticing everyone is watching. He didn't seem to mind that the others sees his tears.

"I don't want to lose you, Y/N... I can't" he whispered, tightening his arms around me. My eyes soften at what he said. I feel my chest tightens. I gently wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as I run my hand through his hair.

"You won't lose me..." I said. I tighten my arms around him as he snuggles closer. "I will always be here next to you... nothing will take me away, Senku" I said, trying to assure him.

"Promise?" He said, pulling away slightly to look at me. Tears are still present in his eyes. I smile softly as I gently wipe his tears with my thumbs. I nod my head, promising to him. He smiles softly at me, and leans his forehead against mine. "I love you, Y/N..." he said.

"I love you too, Senku..." I said. He pulls me into his embrace. I place my head against his chest, closing my eyes as I listen to his heartbeat. I'm so sorry that I keep making you upset, Senku.

*to be continued*

A/N: the next part of Season 3 is coming soon!!! Who's excited? I am!!! Ahh... I can't wait!!!