Chapter 62

Previously on Chapter 61

I remember I waited for him the next day, and the day after that... which continues for a while, until I finally accepts the fact that he would never come back. Now he's nothing but a distant memories, until Gen mentioned his name and it all started coming back to me.

-First Stream Engine-

Y/N P.O.V

"Move out of the away!!" I yelled out, after Senku turned on the steam engine. "Out of the way! It'll run you over!!" Senku yelled out too. Everyone moves out of the way just as we said. Well, everyone... but Magma.

"Get out out of the way, Magma!! You're going to get hurt real bad!" I yelled. He let out a laugh at what I said. "'Hurt real bad' my ass! All this thing ever does is run. It's no match for my number one power!" He said, confidently.

He extends his arm to stop the steam engine. "You don't scare me!" He yelled out. He manage to push it a little, but it pushes him back harder. Which sends him flying. He rolls on the ground with a few visible bumps on his head.

"Idiot..." I muttered, sighing under my breath while shaking my head. Everyone screams his name. I just casually walk towards him and squad down. "Senku and I tried to warn you... but you never listen to us. Just what were you thinking anyway?" I said. Senku just looks down at him while still standing up.

"What are you... mental? Why would you think you could stop a steam engine?" He said. I just shake my head at Magma and stand up straight. "Although... I am not surprised. It is Magma we're talking about..." I said, rolling my eyes.

"It's like a living creature" Ruri said. Kinro nods his head in agreement. "Yeah. A creature with incredible strength" he said. "It's like a gorilla!" Suika added. I just smile at their amazement.

"Yeah! Even more like Kohaku-Chan!!" Ginro said. I turn to look at him and sighs. "You shouldn't have said that..." I said. He turns to look at me. "Why? I'm stating the fact! Kohaku-Chan is like a gorilla!" He said. Kohaku punches his head repeatedly, a few noticeable bumps appear on Ginro's head.

He holds his head in pain. "Isn't this Chrome's role? Come back home, Chrome" he said, sobbing softly. I let out a sigh and shakes my head. "And that's why I said not to say that... idiot" I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

***

Senku chose Gen to be the test drive. So that's what he's is currently doing. I bit my lips, trying not to laugh at his state.

"I-It's so s-s-shaky! It's going to collapse! All our cargo's going to fall apart!" He said. Even his voice is shaky from all those shaking. After a while, the car eventually stops.

"O-O-Oh God!" Gen said. He shakily get off the car, as Senku and I make our way towards him. His face looks funny, honesty... I'm surprised I didn't start to burst out laughing. 

"W-Why a-am I... t-the test d-drive?" He said. Senku let out a chuckle. "You're the only one who has a driver's license!" Senku said, with a grin. Gen stare at him in disbelief.

"Driver's license? In this world?!" He said. I shrugs my shoulders. "We are going to turn the world back to its original state. Which applies to all the rules as well. So... might as well" I said. He let out a sigh at what I said.

Since the current car are too shaky. We start to work on the wheels, using bamboos. Senku said it's airless tires that's been developed by NASA for planetary exploration. It's made by weaving bamboos.

"You say that like we should all have heard that. But I have no idea" Gen said, truthfully. I let out a sigh. "Neither have I..." I said. Senku just chuckles at us.

In no time, the steam gorilla is finally complete. I smile softly as everyone seem to admire it. I hear a soft sniffle and turn my head to see Grandpa Kaseki looking upset.

"We need to hurry up and go free Chrome. I can't help but feel sorry for him" he said. I place my hand on his shoulder, as an attempt to comfort him. "We'll free him... for sure" I said.

"Tsukasa needs him as a hostage, but it's hard to say how he might be treating him..." Kohaku said. I nod my head in agreement. Knowing how Tsukasa is. He might ended up torturing Chrome to squeeze some answers out of him.

"No, I don't mean that..." Grandpa Kaseki said. I turn to look at him in confusion. Senku and him suddenly looks happy as they stand together. "He's not here to help us build our awesome automobile. That's why I feel sorry for him!" He said. I gently hit my face at what he said. For a second, I thought he's worried for Chrome's well-being. But that's what he is actually worried for. Goodness.

We have packed everything and ready to go. But at the last minute. The elders said they decided to just stay back. They knew why Senku decided to build the automobile.

Senku claimed he only build them because he loves it. But they still insists on staying back. We have no choice but to agree, as we know we can't change their minds... and so, we set off to our journey. The journey to save Chrome. Which also marks the beginning of our war.

Time-skip

We've walked quite far from the village. Except for Gen, who's driving the steam gorilla. I just walk in silence, as everyone starts talking about how the steam gorilla manage to hold up pretty well. Even though we've built it a lot faster than we anticipated. But even so, the steam gorilla can't move up the hill. Which means we have to push it.

I notice Senku suddenly stops walking. I turn to look at him, along with everyone else. "Senku?" I said. He suddenly starts to laugh evilly. Oh God... what could he be planning now?

"Your husband's got a really evil grin" Kohaku said. I can feel a bead of sweat rolling down my forehead. I gulp nervously. "For the first time... I'm actually kind of scared of him" I said. Ginro turns to look at me in disbelief.

"You're scared? What would that make us?!" Ginro wailed. I let out a nervous laugh at what he asked. "I don't know... uhh... terrified?" I said, awkwardly. He turns to look at me with a straight face. "Will you just do something about your husband?!" He said. Instead of going towards Senku, I move to hide behind Kohaku.

"Uhh... you do something..." I said, gently giving her a push. She turns to look at me and sighs. "If his own wife is scared of him... what am I going to do about it?" She said, under her breath. I just let out a laugh. I turn to look at Senku who's still laughing evilly. Oh God... Senku, just what are you planning??

*to be continued*