Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

But I have to keep reminding myself that Senku already have someone he loves. I have to remind myself that I need to keep my distance. I have to get rid of this feelings so I won't stand in the way. He have to chase his happiness... even if it's not me.

-One Step Closer-

Y/N P.O.V

Another month have passed according to Senku. we still tried our best to create the revival fluid. But still have no luck. I can tell Senku is starting to feel lost. But even so... the fire of determination in his eyes still glows.

"If only I had liquor..." Senku said, with his hand on his chin. Taiju who just joined us after looking for food. "What did you just say, Senku?" He said. He turns to look at him.

"Huh? I said nital. It gets into the ferrate grain boundary and-" he said. Taiju shakes his head. "Not that! I don't understand any of that brainy stuff. But 'if only you had liquor?'" Taiju cuts him off. He walks closer towards us. He holds out some wild grapes.

"Couldn't we make wine out of grapes?" He asked. Senku grins at the sight of grapes. He grins at Taiju. "Not bad, you big oaf" he said. I smile softly at the excitement in his eyes. We're one step closer in figuring how to undo the petrification.

We take the wine outside. I sit next to Senku and help him get the juices out of the grapes. I can tell Senku isn't quite fond with this as he looks quite bored. That is until Taiju place a larger basket filled with wild grapes. He starts pounding on them with his feet.

"Okay, you can do all the grunt work from now on. That makes more sense" he said. I let out a giggle at his comment. I turn to look at Taiju as he violently squash all the wild grapes. I smile at his energy. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Senku glancing at me. I turn to him to see him looking away as soon as he notices.

"Making wine couldn't be easier. Crush grapes and raisin and stuff. Put it in a small container" Senku said, as Taiju pours the juice inside a smaller pot. "And just mix it everyday until it's done..." he said. Taiju starts stirring the grape juice.

"Though it would have been a crime to make a liquor without a license back in our day..." he said. I turn to him and smile. "But we don't have to worry about that now" I said. He nods his head at what I said.

***

3 weeks have passed. The wine we make is finally ready. "You know, Senku. This would be count as underage drinking though" Taiju said, as he pours the wine into another jar.

Senku let out a chuckle at what Taiju said. "Not a problem... we're well over 3,700 years old" he said. "Time was frozen for us because of that petrification. That's why we look the same. Hmm.. that sounded a lot like something that came out of a fantasy" I said. Senku nods his head in agreement.

Taiju takes a huge gulp from the jar. He instantly spits it out. I let out a laugh at the sight. I turn to look at Senku as he drinks from the small glass. He smiles as he stares at the wine.

"It's better than I thought it'd be. Though it's about 10 billion percent worse than what's on the market" he said. I raise an eyebrow at what he said. "How'd you know? You never had wine before... have you?" I said.

"The answer is quite obvious Y/N. Wines back in our day are made by selected and science domestication ones. Which makes the grapes they used to make the wines are 10 billion percent better than the ones we have right now. So... it's the result are obviously better" he said, lifting up his cup. I let out a hum at what he said. Give it to Senku to always have a scientific explanation about things.