Chapter 40

Previously on Chapter 39

"I'd say... from this point..." he said, pointing at the ground where he's standing. Then he points at the mountain. "To the mountain!" He said. Everyone's jaw dropped at what he said. Yeah... a hellish work indeed.

-Age Of Energy-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit with the other villagers, working on making the gold thread for the wires. Out of the corner of my eyes, I notice something moving. I turn my head to see Chrome crawling on the ground.

"Uh... Senku?" I said. Senku turns to look at me. I point at Chrome, as he crawls over to us. "It's done, Senku... Y/N. We stayed up for three whole days" he said. Senku and I exchange glances. I quickly stand up and we rush towards the place Chrome leads us to.

We ends up by the river. My eyes widened in awe when I see what Chrome and Kaseki have created. "Wow..." I said, in amazement. Senku didn't say anything and just stare at the invention in front of us.

"What do you think, Senku? Y/N? Is my invention awesome or what? This is payback when you got me good with the magnet!" Chrome said. I turn to look at him.

"I get why you're asking Senku's approval about it. But why are you asking me? I'm not the scientist" I said. Chrome grins at what I said. "You're not the scientist. But you're going to be Senku's wife soon or later, no?" He said. My eyes widened at what he said. I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks.

"You can be more shock than that" Kaseki said. I turn to look at him. "I'm not a scientist. But I do know that's a waterwheel..." I said. They groan in disappointment.

"Even Y/N knows about that?? Damn it!" Chrome said, making me let out a laugh. "I'd already come up with a name. The forever spinning cotton candy machine" Kaseki said. I let out a nervous laugh at that long name.

"Oh, I'm plenty shock, all right. I can't believe you built something like this without any knowledge" Senku said. Chrome and Kaseki links their arms together in celebration.

Senku turns his attention on the waterwheel in front of us. "This is a way bigger deal than a cotton candy machine. There's something else, remember? That thing Kinro and Ginro had been spinning" Senku said. Something clicked in my mind. I know exactly what he's thinking about. The dual hand cranked generator.

***

Everyone help in bringing the generator. Senku start guiding everyone on what to do. We have connected the generator with the waterwheel.

"You don't mean..." Gen said, wide-eyed. Senku grin as he turn to him. "With gear and waterwheel, the age of human power is over. With an infinite contraption that requires no fuel..." Senku said. He holds wires in his hands. Blue sparks appear between them.

"We're overcoming manpower and entering the age of energy!" He said

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"We're overcoming manpower and entering the age of energy!" He said. The sight of him with that blue spark is breathtaking. I start to blush at the sight. He looks so cool right now.

"W-What is this?" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her. "It's a hydroelectric generator" I said. I can see Kinro and Ginro looking confused behind her.

"This is insane, Senku-Chan..." Gen said. I shake my head. "Insane is not the word for this... it's amazing" I said, grinning. Senku nods his head and walks over to me. "Indeed..." he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"You can praise for Chrome and Granpa Kaseki here. They built this huge-ass waterwheel. It's not done yet, though. All our precious electricity is still leaking away" he said, staring at the generator in front of us.

"What does that mean?" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her. "We're gonna have to find a way to store that electricity" I said. "Y/N's right. We're gonna make a box to store it" Senku said.

"We can store that electricity?" Ginro said. I turn to look at him. "You bet we can... there's nothing we can't achieve with the help of science" I said, with a wide grin.

"Although it's going to be a bit of a pain to build" Senku said. He turns to look at Kaseki and Chrome who looks like they'll passed out any seconds. "Get off your asses. We have a ton of high-difficulty crafting to do before we get to our cell phone" he said.

"Couldn't we just let them breathe for 5 minutes or something? They're exhausted..." I said, looking at Chrome and Old man Kaseki in worry. Senku turn to look at me. "Oh, they'll be fine. Once they know what we're making they'll get on their feet in no time. Get up!!!" Senku said. I let out a sigh and shake my head.

"Damn..." Chrome said. "It's the start of our Spartan crafts club. Damn, this is exhilarating" Senku said, with a wide smirk. Senku always gets excited and passionate when it comes to building something. I just smile at the sight.

Time-skip

Senku starts explaining how to create the box to store the electricity. The way he explains it, it's like it's the most simple thing ever. But when I look at Chrome and old man Kaseki, I can tell that they're lost.

"It's not simple at all" Chrome said. "We'll make five more of these and connect all of them" Senku said. He's not even paying attention that the crafts club is confused and lost.

"Senku... slow down the explanation! Chrome and Granpa Kaseki can't keep up with you!" I said. He turns to look at me and chuckles. "Alright..." he said. Then he starts explaining again, with a much simpler words. This time they manage to understand.

A While Later

The battery finally done. Ginro hovers above them with a skeptical expression. "Is it really being stored in these tiny containers? All the spinning power from those disk-" he said, but got cut off when his whole body starts to get electrocuted.

"It's definitely in there..." Kohaku said. "Yeah... now we know it's working" I said, laughing nervously at the sight. Ginro falls on the ground with a smoke coming out of his mouth. His eyes widened as he seem to realize something.

"Does that mean I don't have to do all that painful turning with Kinro anymore?!" He said, standing up. Kinro's eyes dart open as he turns to look at Senku. I nudge Senku who didn't seem to notice their stares.

"Yeah, never again. I told you, it'd the age of energy" Senku said. Ginro and Kinro slams their hands with each other, looking beyond happy. Even Kinro is showing emotions for the first time. Guess that dual hand cranked generator thing is taking too much of their energies.

"I'm not surprised for lazy Ginro... but even super diligent Kinro is excited" Kokuyo said. "Turning that thing must be hard" Suika said. I smile and gently pat her head. "It definitely is..." I said. She turns to me and smiles. Just like Senku said. The age of man-power is over. We're in the age of energy.

*to be continued*