Chapter 105

Previously on Chapter 14

I shouldn't think negatively about Senku. I know that he loves me. But I can't control what I feel. So this is what he felt whenever he sees me around Ukyo, knowing he used to be my lover. Now I understand how hurt he was. It's not pleasant at all.

-There's Only You-

Y/N P.O.V

We found ourselves a cave for our hideout. I sit inside the lab because Byakuya needs to drink his milk. I hold him close in my arms as I starts to breastfeed him. I stare at him as I smile softly. He looks just like his father.

The door to the lab slowly opens. I turn my head to see Senku. We hold eye-contact for a few seconds before I turn my attention back to Byakuya.

Byakuya soon finish drinking. I gently caress his back so he'd burp. I hum a soft song as I try to get him to sleep. I close my eyes as I sway my body side to side. I can feel Senku's gaze on me. But I didn't pay any mind to him.

After a while, Byakuya finally falls asleep. I place him down gently on the small crib that Senku has placed as well. I gently pat Byakuya's belly to lure him deeper into his slumber.

"Y/N..." he said. I hum softly at what he said, to let him know I'm listening. I hear his footsteps as he walks up to me. I take a seat on the seat, still not looking at Senku. I notice a pair of feet in front of me. Senku kneels down in front of me and gently grabs my hand.

"You know that the kiss meant nothing to me, right?" He said, in a soft voice. I didn't say anything, as I just stare at our hands on my lap. "Hey, please look at me, Y/N... and please don't be mad at me, love. I promise to you that kiss meant nothing" he said. I close my eyes for a few seconds before finally turning my head to look at him. He gently lift my hands, placing a soft kiss on each knuckles.

"I swear in the name of everything... that kiss on my cheek from Kohaku meant nothing to me. There's only you, Y/N... you're the only rightful owner of my heart. I will never love anyone but you and our son" he said.

"I'm not mad at you, Senku... I know that you'd never do something like that intentionally. I know you'd never hurt me on purpose..." I said, giving him a small smile. He let out a sigh of relief as he place his forehead on my hands.

"Thank you... thank you so much for trusting me" he said. I smile softly at him. He turn his head to look at me and smiles softly. He leans up since he's kneeling on the floor while I'm seated on a chair. I close my eyes as he place a short kiss on my lips. "I love you, Y/N..." he said, in between the kiss.

"I love you too, Senku" I said, smiling softly at him as he pulls away from the kiss. He smiles at me as he gently caress my cheek. I lean my cheek into his touch. I feel lips starts to tremble as I lower my gaze. "I'm sorry..." I said, in a hushed voice. I lift my gaze to look at him and bit my lips as I stare at him. Tears starts to build in my eyes. He just stares at me with a confused expression.

"I've finally realize how hurt you were, witnessing my interaction with Ukyo, knowing that he was someone who once held a place in my heart. It must've hurt a lot, right? And I'm so sorry..." I said. My voice cracks a little as I start to cry softly. I blink my eyes as the tears finally streams down my cheeks.

"Hey... it's okay, Y/N. Don't think about it anymore. It's in the past. You're mine... and it's all that matters to me, okay?" He said, cupping my cheeks softly. He starts to wipe the tears from my cheek. I choke out a sob as I slide down the chair, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"There's only you, Senku... I love you, and only you" I said, placing my head on his shoulder. He gently caress my hair. "We will always be together, right?" I said. I pull away a little to look at him. He nods his head at what I said.

"Of course... nothing will ever separate us" he said. I smile softly at what he said. He pulls me close again. I place my head in his shoulder again. I tighten my arms around him. I close my eyes as I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head as he continue to hold me close. "I'm yours... and you're mine. Always" he whispered softly. I smile softly at what he said. I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

The door opens, making us pull away. I turn my head to see it's Kohaku. She avoids eye contact with me as she rubs her arms, visibly nervous. I just stare at her. She bit her lips as she starts playing with her fingers.

"I'm sorry for what I did today, Y/N..." she said. She finally turn her head to look at me. "I swear the kiss meant nothing and there's nothing going on between your husband and I... it was the only thing that could come into my head. I hope you don't think wrong of me" she said. She turns her head away again, avoiding eye-contact.

I pull away completely from Senku and walks up to her. I lift my hand, making her flinch. She seems to think that I would hit her. But instead of hitting her, I gently place my hand on her head.

"I'm not mad at you, Kohaku... not at all. It was urgent. We need to get away from that woman. So I understand" I said. She lift her head to look at me in surprise. I smile softly at her. I slowly move my hand from her head to her shoulder. "Senku and I already talked about it as well. We've cleared things up between us..." I said.

"Y/N... thank you" she said, grabbing my hand that's on her shoulder and holds it with both of hers. "You're truly the bestest friend I could ever ask for. I thought that my action today would ruin our friendship. I'm so relieved that you didn't think bad of me..." she said, smiling happily at me. She looks so relieved.

"Hey... we're friends, right?" I said. She let out a giggle and nods her head. I smiles softly and wraps my arms around her. She instantly return the embrace and hugs me tightly.

I turn my head to look at Senku who watches us with a smile. I smile softly at him. He walks over to me as I pull away from Kohaku. He wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side.

He places a loving kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly at his loving gesture and turn to Kohaku with a smile. She smiled back at me, making me grin happily. I'm so glad we managed to clear things up. I wouldn't be able to imagine how things would be if I let this stupid misunderstanding tear us apart. We would end up in a horrible situation. I'm so glad we didn't.

*to be continued*