Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

Sleepiness starts to come to me. I let my body relax, listening to the sound of the bonfire. It sounded so soothing. I let myself to slowly drift off to sleep.

-A Civilization-

Y/N P.O.V

Kohaku said there's more people back in her village. So that's where we're heading to. But before that, she said she to gather some hot water from the hot spring. She said it's for her sick older sister, who's been sick.

I can see her struggling, trying to carry the jar. In the end, she loses her footing. Senku is quick to act and catch the jar with one hand.

"Looks like you still haven't recovered from your injuries. You shouldn't overexerting yourself. Hand it over..." he said. But as soon as Kohaku let go. He falls on the ground with the jar on top of him.

"You're the one overexerting yourself" Kohaku said, staring at him with a straight face. I wince at the sight and rush over, lifting the jar from his back. He let out a pained sound as he sits up.

"Is everyone other than me in this stone world a gorilla? Kohaku, Tsukasa, Taiju... even Y/N is a lot stronger than me..." he said. Kohaku clearly didn't like being called gorilla. "Gorilla?! At least call me a lioness! That was better" she said. "That's not the point here..." Senku said. I just shake my head at their argument.

A While Later

We are now zooming down the hill thanks to Senku's an engineless car. I sit behind Senku, holding onto his waist tightly. There's no safety belt, so I might get thrown off. Not something I look forward to.

Kohaku is sitting on top of the jar in front of us. She have her arms spread. "I'm impressed you built such useful thing so quickly!" She said. "It wasn't quick! I just reuse the stuff from the pulley!" Senku said. The hill becomes steeper, which makes this engineless car goes faster. I bury my face into Senku's back, too scared to look.

"Turn right!" I hear Hokaku said. I can feel the car turning. "Not that right!" She yelled. The car comes crashing into something, sending us flying forward. Senku turns around, wrapping his arms around me. He turns our body, making me land on top of him.

I quickly move from his body. I stare at him with a worried gaze. After all, he cushioned my landing. He must have gotten hurt. He notices the look on my face and smiles.

"I'm okay, Y/N... say something. You've been silent ever since I woke up..." he said. I just look down at what he said. I can hear him let out a sigh. "Come on..." he said. I look up to see him standing up with his hand outstretch to me. I place my hand on top of his and he pulls me to my feet.

"Hey you two! Take a look!" Kohaku said. I turn my head and my eyes widened. In the ground lower than we are standing. There's a small village.

We make our way there

We make our way there. Kohaku said there's about 40+ people in that village. How is this possible? I thought everyone is petrified because of that weird light.

***

We are now standing in front of a gate. Out of no where, two guys jumps towards us. But before they can land a hit, Kohaku come to our defense.

"These two saved my life" she said. "You can't do that, Kohaku-Chan. That's not good. All those outsider are criminals who were banished before" one of them said. He have a blond hair and green eyes.

"Therefore, I can not let you in" the other one. He have a taller and well-built body compare to the other boy. Kohaku is clearly ticked off by the boys response.

"Oh? You leave me no choice then... shall we fight here and now? You clearly have an advantage" she said, I can hear the coldness in her voice. It reminds me of Tsukasa's. I unconsciously move closer to Senku's side, holding onto his arm.

"It's okay, Y/N. She won't hurt us... don't worry" he said. He slowly remove my hand from his arm and walk towards the jar of water. He take out a soap that we made a while back.

"You're so short-tempered. Look you even make Y/N uncomfortable..." Senku said. Kohaku snaps out of her deadly stare at the boys and turns to look at me. She walks towards me and bow. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that to you..." she said. I just give her a small smile.

Senku rubs his hand on the soap. He creates a bunch of bubbles. The guards looks shocked at the sight. I just stare at them in amusement. The taller one try to poke it, which pops it. He looks surprise at what happened.

"So that's the level you're at, huh? I'm going to show them the way of science. This is exhilarating" Senku said. I turn to look at him to see him have a sinister face. I paled at the sight and scoots away from him. He turn to me, noticing the look on my face and let out a nervous laugh.

"Sorry, Y/N. That scared you, didn't it?" He said. I just give him a nervous smile. The blonde one runs off calling a guy by the name, Chrome. But the said boy is already here.

"My name is Chrome. I'm an insanely smart, genius sorcerer" he said. "I'm Senku... I'm a scientist. This is Y/N... my friend" Senku said, with a bored face. I just stay silent.

"You can make plenty of this stuff from coal shud" Chrome said, popping the bubble with his fingers. I blink in surprise. Looks like he do know a few things. He'd be great help for Senku.

Chrome challenge Senku in a magic vs science duel. As if he's going to win against Senku. Senku knows basically everything there is. But Senku just accept the challenge anyway. He seem interested in seeing where this thing is going.

Chrome ends up leading us to his hut. There's a fire in front of us. "Check out my badass sorcery. Rainbow Bridge!" He said. The flame turns colors. First yellow, then purple.

The others seems impressed. But Senku looks utterly in disbelief. "It's just a flame test reaction... it's the blue crystal you picked up in the caves, isn't it?" He said. Chrome looks calm for a few seconds before his eyes practically bulge out of its sockets.

But he composed himself. But I can still see him in panic mode. "You'd better not be thinking that it's the only thing I can do!" He said. I just give him a straight face.

"I didn't say anything" Kohaku said. "Just wait right here!" He said. Then he runs off inside his hut. That was quick.

He comes back out holding something sphere. He starts rubbing it like crazy. I can see him breathing heavily as he makes his way to the younger guard. I lift his hand and points it at his nose. An electric zap the boy.

"Ouch! What was that attack?!" He said. Chrome let out a confident laugh. Senku walks over to him and grab the sphere from his hand. He starts inspecting it.

He starts to grin. "A ball of sulfur, huh? Rubbing it with leather instead of your hands will give you ten billion times more power. This is my flag of science" he said. He starts to rub it. His hair starts getting even spikier from the static.

He place his hand on Chrome's arm, electrocuting him. "Oh, crap!!!" He yelled as he gets electrocute. I cover my mouth as I let out a laugh. Senku turns to look at me at the sound of my laugh. I can see a smile slowly forming on his lips. I stop laughing and smiles at him.

Senku P.O.V

She laughed. That's a good sign. Which means she's going to be okay. She really had me worried. I hope she'd be able to speak soon. I pains me to see her like that. I'll do everything I can to bring her back to the old Y/N.

*to be continued*