Chapter 66

Previously on Chapter 65

Okay, fine... my conditions are simple. First, no one can die... he said. My eyes soften at what he said. I knew it... he never change. He's still the same Ukyo I used to know and once loved.

-A Deal-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku grins at what Ukyo said. "I can never quite figure you out, Ukyo. You're either a lovey-dovey idealist... or..." he said. I can hear Ukyo's breathy laugh.

An idealist? I'm the biggest coward there is. The first time I saw Tsukasa destroy a statue, I was nothing but sad. I thought, 'why? How could you?' Still... I wanted to keep the revived from killing each other. To that end, I turned a blind eye to Tsukasa's statue destruction. The statues are currently inanimate objects. To not revive them doesn't constitute murder. Or so I convinced myself, with paper-thin seasoning. I know I'm a helpless coward. But I can't bear to see anyone else die. Isn't that the last bastion of our humanity in this damn world? If you promise to produce zero casualties... I'll  cooperate with you. But if you kill even one person... he stopped mid sentence.

"Sounds great... I'm in. No problem... we've said we'd try to make it a bloodless siege from the beginning. But that's the first condition. What's the second one?" Senku said.

The second condition isn't from you. But Y/N... Ukyo said. Senku turns to look at me and hand the speaker to me. I gently take it from him and being it close to my face. "I'm listening..." I said.

I know you're mad after I left you without a word. So I want a chance to explain myself to you. Maybe... we can even have a chance to fix us, because... even after thousands of years. My feelings for you never changed, Y/N... so will you give me that chance? he said. My eyes widened at what he said. I turn to look at Senku.

He grabs the speaker from me. "Really? That's your second condition? Then the deals off. You left her... I may be no one to you and you don't know me in person. But that doesn't matter. What matter is that... Y/N is mine. And I plan on keeping it that way" he said. My eyes widened at what Senku said. I've never heard or seen him so possessive before.

Are you her boyfriend? Ukyo said, I can hear his sadness. "No... I'm her husband. So I can't let you have that talk with Y/N. Much less, try to fix things between you two. You can go ahead and report to Tsukasa if you so pleased" Senku said.

I understand. But no... I still won't report you. You must mean a lot to Y/N. I've hurt her... and I keep on beating myself for that. I don't want to make it worse... I don't want to hurt her more than what I did before. So I'll cooperate with you. So it's down to just one condition... that no one dies... he said. My eyes soften at what he said.

"Okay... we have a deal then?" Senku said. Yes, we have a deal... he said. I take a couple of steps backward and sit down on a rock, letting Senku and Ukyo discuss their plans.

***

We head back to camp. I just stay silent as we walk there. Senku is walking next to me, also staying quiet the whole time. I keep thinking about what Ukyo just said. He wanted a chance... he wanted to explain. Do I even want to know why he left me that day? Ugh... why am I even thinking about this??

Since it's already dark, we decided to call it a day. Tomorrow will be the full assault against Tsukasa's empire. We need to be in our best shape. Especially the fighters.

I get inside my shared tent with Senku. He's not here yet, because he still need to check a few things. I lay on the makeshift bed. My back facing the entrance.

I hear rustling of the fabric, letting me know that Senku is here. I feel his presence next to me. But I just stay still. I'm scared to look at him. I don't want to see the hurt in his eyes. I just can't bring the courage to do so. I feel a gentle hand gently placed on my hair.

"Y/N... am I being selfish? Not letting Ukyo explain himself to you. If I am... then, I'm s-so so sorry, Y/N... I'm.. I'm just scared to lose you. I'm scared that once you know his reason. You'd choose him and leave me..." he said. I can hear his voice cracking a little. I bit my lips, trying not to cry.

I feel his arm gently snaking around me, and his chest on my back. I can feel his whole body shaking, as my shirt starts to get wet from his tears. My heart aches at the sound of his sadness.

I open my eyes and turn in his arms. He stares at me in surprise. "You were listening these whole time?" He said. I just nod my head, staring at him in the eyes.

I lift my hand and gently cup his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were hurt. I keep thinking about my own feelings. That I didn't realize yours..." I said. He just pulls me into a hug. He leans his head on my chest. I rub his back softly.

My mind went back to Ukyo. I still don't know... what to feel about this whole situation. I love Senku. But I'm still questioning what I felt for Ukyo. Sure, I'm deeply hurt because Ukyo left me without any proper explanation. I'm so confused right now. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Time-skip

It's now the next day. We are now ready to attack. Our main target is the miracle cave, so we can secure our source of the revival fluid. We need it to create gunpowders.

We have to make gunpowders, because it's the only weapon that stood a chance against Tsukasa. Hyoga is also a threat. But I have a plan on how to take him down.

All I can truly hope, is that no blood is shed. I have seen enough death since I was little, when I was still the heartless assassin. I don't wanna cause any more deaths. But if it can't be avoided... then I'll have no choice.

*to be continued*