Chapter 71

Previously on Chapter 70

"Someone I love... that'll be my first choice" he said, in a hushed voice. But loud enough to be heard. My eyes widened. I take a glance at him. I can see his eyes lingering on me. I quickly look away from him. He still loves me? But if he loves me... why did he left me all those decades ago?

-Tearful Reunion-

Y/N P.O.V

We eventually came to a stop. "The hospital was around here..." Tsukasa said. I look around the place, only to see a large empty ground. "All the statues must be buried deep under the ground" I said.

"We just need to dig them all up! We'll mine them out with dynamite!" Senku said. I turn to look at him with a horrified expression. "S-Seriously?! We might ended up destroying those statues!" I said. He let out a chuckle.

"It's fine... it's only for the tough-ass bedrock. If we do blow up some statue, oh well! We'll just have to glue them all back together" he said. Yuzuriha move to stand behind him and weakly pressed her fist on his back.

"Um, who's going to be the one doing the hellish work? Please!" She said. But in the end, we ended up using the dynamite anyway. Using them to blow up several spots. After that, we just continue to keep digging the ground.

***

As the sun slowly sets. Tsukasa finally found his little sister. He take it to us and gently set her on the ground. Senku kneels down next to the little girl's petrified body. He opens the glass cap.

"Wait, Senku! Mirai-Chan's naked!!" Taiju said. He turns to Senku and pokes his eyes. Senku screams in pain. My eyes widened at what happened.

"Oh my God! Taiju!! I thought I told you to not poke his eyes! What if you ended up blinding him! Idiot!" I yelled. I place my hand on Senku's shoulder, who rubs his eyes to ease the pain.

"I know! But you can't revive her now!" He said. Senku let out a sigh as he remove his hand from his eyes. "Here we go with your absurd nonsense. We're in an emergency, in the stone world! Who cares if you're buck naked or if your dick's hanging out. You really like this plot twist, don't you? We'll figure it out once we wake her up-" Senku said. He got cut off mid-sentence.

"Is this about the right size?" Yuzuriha said. My eyes widened at what she did. "That was fast!" I said, in shock along with Senku, Kohaku, and Chrome. The girls quickly put on the dress on Mirai's body.

A while later

"All set, Senku-kun..." Yuzuriha said. Senku stands up and walks towards us. He pours the liquid on the girl's head. I close my eyes, as I start to pray. Please, heal Mirai's body like it healed Senku's neck.

I can hear cracking voice. I open my eyes to see a little girl. She looks around in confusion. Tsukasa instantly holds her hand.

"Where am I?" She said. Her voice sounded so soft and innocent. "Mirai..." Tsukasa said. She turns to look at Tsukasa. "Nii-San?" She said, staring at him. She let out a soft giggle at what she sees.

"You've gotten old... you look good, though. How many years have I been asleep?" She said. Tsukasa embraces his little sister. I can see tears streaming down his cheeks. I feel my own tears steams down my cheeks at the sight.

I turn to Senku who's standing next to me. I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my face into the crook of his neck. He wraps his arms around me, gently running his hand through my hair.

"I'm so glad... Tsukasa finally reunited with his little sister..." I said, happily. I pull away from Senku and smiles at him. He smiles back at me. I turn my head to the side and notice Ukyo. He's staring at the two of us. As soon as he realize I'm looking at him, he turn his head away.

We are now back at the camp. We're going to pack everything and head back to Ishigami Village. Now that Mirai is healed. We'll decide what will happen next.

I help anyone I can to pack the stuff. I hand the roll up tent to Kohaku. I turn my head and notice Senku talking to Ukyo. They look serious, which makes me a little worried. I wonder what they're talking about.

"Y/N?" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her. "Yeah?" I said. "I'm curious... when we were battling against Tsukasa. He said that you and Ukyo used to be in a relationship. Is that true?" She said. I nod my head at what she said.

"Yeah... it's true. But he left without saying a thing to me, thus ending our relationship" I said. She hums at what I said. "I notice Ukyo keeps staring at you... I mean, even right now..." she said. I turn my head to where Ukyo and Senku is standing. She's right... he is looking at me.

"I think he still loves you... you don't give that kind of stare just to anyone. It's a look of longing and love" Kohaku said. I just look away from Ukyo and turn to look at her.

"It seems like he finds it hard to forget about you, Y/N. Tell me, are you each other's first love?" She said. I nod my head. "Yeah... Ukyo was my first love and more..." I said. She looks at me in confusion. "More? As in... what?" She said. I open my mouth to tell her when I hear a loud blast. I turn my head and my eyes widened.

I run towards where Senku is standing. "I... Is that?" I said. "The miracle cave..." he said. "It's Homura... why did she attack the miracle cave?" Ukyo said, as he stands next to me.

"Homura-Chan doesn't do anything on her own. Not without someone's instruction" Gen said. "Whose?" I said, turning to look at him. "Whose else?" Senku said. My eyes widened in realization.

"Hyoga..." I said. He nods his head. I turn to look at him in panicked as I remember something. "Mirai... I saw Hyoga escorting Mirai to the lake! We have to stop him before he hurts her!" I said. Senku's eyes widened. We turn around and runs towards where I saw Hyoga taking Mirai.

I clench my hands into tight fists as I run. I know Hyoga... he's the one who trained me to be an assassin. I know his way of thinking and what he view of the world.

I should have caught on sooner. Tsukasa may agree on calling this battle a truce. But Hyoga is different. He won't stop at anything to gain what he wants. Gosh... I'm so stupid! Why didn't I realize this sooner!

"Get away from there! Mirai!! Tsukasa!!!" Senku yell out. "Stay away from Hyoga!!" I yelled too. But it's too late. I watch in horror as Hyoga swings his spear towards Mirai. But before the spear could hurt her, Tsukasa appears in front of her to block it. The spear pierced through his chest.

"Whether I'd tried to sneak in from behind or attack you in your sleep, I could never erase you. The strongest high school primate, Shishio Tsukasa. So long as there was nothing for you to protect, that is. I was the one who was waiting. This whole time... for this moment" Hyoga said.

My eyes widened as I feel anger surging through my vein. Hyoga pulls the spear out of Tsukasa's chest. Tsukasa is about to fall off the cliff. But Senku is quick to catch his hand. He struggles to pull him up.

Hyoga stares at them in disgust. He use the stick of his spear and push the two of them off the cliff. My eyes widened in horror. "No!!! Senku!!!" I yelled, in horror. Hyoga jumps into the river with them. I run faster and was about to jump when a hand grabs my waist.

"Let go!" I yelled, trashing around. "Don't be crazy! You'll die if you try to jump in there!" The person said. I turn my head to see Ukyo. I push him off me and glares at him. He stumbles a few feet back, but didn't fall off.

"What would you know, Ukyo?! Hyoga isn't the type of person who'd kill himself off just like that! But he jumps in... so he knows they'll survive! He's just trying to lure them away from us! I have to go after them!" I yelled at him. I turn around and jumps into the river. I can hear the others calling my name, as I enter the water.

*to be continued*