Chapter 34

Previously on Chapter 33

The sound of his heartbeat soothes me. I start to feel sleepy. I blink a few times, each one makes my eyelids becomes heavier than before. So I just close them and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Battle In The Storm-

Y/N P.O.V

I keep training everyone on how to use their katana properly. Both Kohaku and Kinro have no problem in mastering the fighting techniques. They're fast learners.

"The storm is coming soon! You better hurry up and master the art of katana!" I said. Kohaku turns to look at me. "How did you know?" She asked. I let out a sigh.

"I was trained to be highly aware. So, because of all those intense training. My senses are heightens" I said. She hums and nods her head.

"Is chi blocking one of the technique?" She asked. I look away from her. "I was not always told to kill. Sometimes I had to make them paralyzed, because they'll be tortured and interrogated. So Hyoga taught me that technique. That was the worst technique I have ever mastered. I'd much rather end them as soon as possible to ensure they didn't suffer. It was horrifying to hear their pained screams" I said. My body starts shaking at the memories.

"That's why you hesitated when I asked you to teach me that technique..." Kohaku said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. She smiles and walks over to me.

"But in the end, you manage to put it into good use. Thanks to that technique... we manage to win the Grand Bout and save Ruri-nee. Thank you so much, Y/N..." she said. She wraps her arms around me in a tight embrace. I just smile softly and return her hug.

She's right... even though that technique was taught to me to capture the victims alive for tortures. In the end, I managed to use it in the Grand Bout with the sole purpose to save Ruri. I'm an assassin no more.

***

The sky is slowly getting dark. Which means today is the day Hyoga and his troops will be attacking us. We gather in circle, devising a plan on how to take them down.

"Y/N... since you're the one who've been teaching us how to fight. You'll be our leader" Kohaku said. My eyes widened at what she said. "You want me to be your leader?? But Kohaku... I'm-" I said. "I know what you want to say! Stop calling yourself a killer. You're not that person anymore!" She snapped at me. I flinch at her tone and nod my head.

"So... you're our leader from now on" she said. I turn my head to look at the others to see them nodding their heads, agreeing with Kohaku. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Good. So, Y/N-Sama... we'll be waiting for your instructions" Kinro said. I let out a nervous laugh at what he said. "Just call me Y/N is fine. You guys still call Senku by his name. Don't make it different with me" I said. I grab a cup to drink.

"Oh right... speaking of which. Since Senku is our village's new Chief. He's going to need a marriage partner. What do you think, Y/N? You are his girlfriend after all" Ginro said, looking at me while wiggling his eyebrows.

I choke on the water and starts coughing at what he said. Kohaku quickly pat my back to help me get rid of the water in my lungs. I lift my hand to signal her to stop.

I take a few breaths and glare at Ginro. "What the hell, Ginro?! We have a battle approaching. Why are you talking about that??" I yelled at him. Kinro hits Ginro's head a few times, leaving a few bumps on his head.

He bows his head. "I'm sorry..." he said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Senku who's whole face have turned scarlet. I blush as well and looks away from him. I can't believe Ginro brought that up.

Suddenly, I feel a hand gently slipping into mine. I turn my head to see Senku. He have a blush on his face as he stares at me.

"Um... what?" I said. He take a deep breath and turn to me. "With the war going on... we... might not have a chance" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. I can't believe Senku is actually considering that.

"Y/N..." he started. "Y-Yes?" I said. He opens his mouth, when a loud thunder appears along with the wind. I quickly stands up.

"The storm is coming. They're bound to be here any seconds now. Everyone into positions!" I said. Senku stands up, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"To be continued..." he said. He place a quick peck on my lips. He grabs the pipe and rushes to the bridge. I blush at what he said. Is he... seriously thinking about it?? About me and him... marrying?

"Y/N!!" Kohaku yelled out, snapping me out of my daze. I turn to look at Kohaku and the others, as they wait for my instructions.

"Right. Uh, sorry... anyway, I need everyone to run and find a place to hide. Wait for my signal, while Senku will lure them. We'll ambush them with our new weapon! We have the element of surprise! We can win this!!" I said, raising my katana in the air. Everyone yelled out a 'yea' while doing the same. They run around and find a place to hide. I rush to stand next to Senku on the bridge.

I can hear footsteps coming towards us. Senku turn to them, faking a shock expression. He start to act like he wants to prepare shooting. But the wind blows away the fire.

The enemies laughed as they run towards us. I just smirk. I lift my arm into the air, revealing the katana that I've hid behind me. Everyone jumps into action and appears, surrounding the enemies. I run toward the enemy, swiftly cutting their weapons.

They look scared because of our weapon. "They broke our weapon!" One of them said. "It's not just your weapon that are broken. But also your brain" Hyoga said as he make his way over to us. I clench my hands around the hilt.

"Well well... this is the sight I haven't seen in such a long time. Y/N in her field of expertise, wielding a katana. How unfortunate it is that you use it for something useless" Hyoga said. I gritted my teeth angrily.

"Shut up!! I'm not a tool that you can use anymore! I am now a warrior... a fighter for the kingdom of science!" I said. "And our leader!!" Kohaku said. Hyoga stares at us in amusement. Hyoga isn't the type to take things seriously. He love to toy around with his opponents. He's a dangerous man. A man that needs to be taken down.

*to be continued*