Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

Senku have his hand raise, to let Kohaku know that she shouldn't attack Gen. I clench my hands into tight fists. Gen can't be trusted. Unless, or until he proves to be a trustworthy alliance of us. I won't let my guard down. I won't let the same thing happen twice. I won't let Senku get hurt again.

-Mysterious Assault-

Y/N P.O.V

"What's on your mind, Y/N? You have a serious face there..." Senku said, snapping me out of my thought. I turn to look at him. "What do you mean?" I said, with a confused face.

"I rarely ever saw you with a serious face. So... when I saw with it, I can only assume you have something on your mind. If it's troubling you, you can talk to me. You're going to get sick if you stressed yourself"he said. I shake my head at what he said. "Nothing... there's nothing..." I said.

"Don't lie..." Senku said. I open my mouth to say something when suddenly I hear a sound. "What was that??" I said. "Don't go trying to change the subject" he said. "She wasn't. I heard it too..." Kohaku said. We head outside and run towards the source of the sound.

"What's going on here?" Kohaku said. We run up the hill and sees Gen on the ground, bleeding profusely. We make our way towards him.

"Hey, are you okay, Gen?" Chrome said. "It's no use. He obviously died instantly..." Kohaku said. "This is terrible..." Suika said. I notice something under his shirt.

"No, wait..." I said. I grab the spear and pull out a pack. It's filled with fake blood. Senku kneels down next to me and take it from me. "He guarded himself with bags of fake blood" he said.

"They're all over him!" Suika said, also holding the pack in her hand. "This is nuts! He covered himself with these things, just in case!" Chrome said. Senku smirks at what they said.

"Not bad... you're a magician through and through" he said. I stand up and turn to look at them. "Okay, enough talking. We need to take care of his wounds. He may have guarded himself. But he's still injured pretty bad" I said. Even though I'm a little wary about him... I can't just leave him like this. If I leave him to die, I won't be much different than Tsukasa.

"Y/N's right... let's take him back to Chrome's hut" Senku said. Senku and Chrome picks him up. We make our way back to Chrome's hut.

We eventually reach the hut. They lay him on the ground. I kneel down next to him and start checking him. I run my hand through his ribs, trying to feel if he broke any.

"Good... he didn't have any internal wounds. We just have to tent to his wounds..." I said. I turn my head to look at the baskets filled with herbs. I stand up and walk towards it. I kneel down and rummaging through Chrome's collection of medicinal herbs. Wormwood... it's good for numbing the pain.

I take it from the basket and start to work on making the healing paste. Kohaku kneels down next to me. "How did you know that will help Gen's wound?" She asked. I turn to look at her briefly before focusing on the paste again.

"Before the world turned into stone, my father and I used to go hunting. He taught me everything I knew about herbs and what they're useful for..." I said. She hummed at my respond. I turn to her and smiles.

I move towards Gen and starts spreading the paste on his wounds. "We need to make sure the paste is fresh. We need to change it regularly once it's dried. But as of right now, he's going to be fine..." I said, as I keep working on Gen's wounds.

I wipe my hands after I'm done with Gen's. I move and sit next to Senku. "Who would do such thing? If Gen didn't guard himself with those fake bloods. He would have died for sure..." I said. Kohaku nods her head. "We need to capture the culprit... but we don't even know who" she said. Suika quickly decides to investigate, she seems happy with her detective title.

***

We later find out that the one attacking Gen was Magma. Since Gen performed a trick at them, Magma thinks he's the outsider sorcerer and not Senku. It makes my blood boils knowing Magma planning to kill Senku.

It turns out, in a month... there will be a competition known as the Grand Bout. The winner will be chosen to be Ruri's husband and the new chief of the village. Kohaku rigged the competition, which makes the whole thing gets reset.

"It's going to be hard to even bring the drug to Ruri if Magma is to to become the new chief..." I said. "We have to make sure he didn't win... it's the only way for us to save Ruri..." Chrome said. I nod my head in agreement.

Kohaku decided to ask Kinro and Ginro to join the Grand Bout. But they look hesitant. I walk towards them.

"As guards, it's your job to ensure the people's, isn't it?" I said. "Of course. It's the rule. Rules are rules" Kinro said. I let out a hum and nod my head. "Well then... imagine Magma becomes the village's chief. A selfish man like him... do you think he cares?" I said. He thinks for a moment, before his face paled a little.

I smile and nod my head. "Thought so. So, I guess we're on a mutual agreement then? You two will be joining the Grand Bout" I said. They just nod their heads.

Time-skip

I decide to check on Gen. It's almost time to change his herbs. I enter Chrome's hut and kneels down next to him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, while working on changing the paste. "Better... thank you, Y/N-Chan. Even though you're wary about me... you still shows me kindness" he said. I just hum softly.

"Y-You have to be c-careful..." he said. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" I said. I scoot closer to him as he whispers something to my ear. My eyes widened in shock at what he said. I can feel shivers running down my spine.

"T-Thank you... for warning me" I said. He just nods his head. "It's the least I could do" he said. He closes his eyes and falls asleep. I scoot away from him and leans my back against the wall, deep in thought. This is so bad.

*to be continued*