Chapter 45

Previously on Chapter 44

I turn to look at Magma. He make eye-contact with me. I just give him a glare. I swear... if he gives me just one reason to think he's going to hurt Senku. I will hunt him down and kill him myself.

-Trouble In The Cave-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku kneels down by a stream of water. He dip his hand into the water. "The water is lukewarm. We can definitely expect some treasure in there" Senku said. Senku and Chrome walks ahead, leaving me with Magma.

I turn to look at the buff guy, with my arms crossed in front of my chest. "Listen, Magma..." I said, just as he was about to walk inside the cave. He stops and turns to look at me. "What do you want, twig?" He said. I let out a scoff at what he said. I grab his ear and yank him down, so he's right on my eye-level.

"You're lucky that I'm not the one you fought during the Grand Bout. Because an arrogant man like you... is what I hate the most in this world. So I won't mind ending your life, giving that I have killed a bunch of people in the past... some of which are stronger than you. Which means, ending you wouldn't be much of a problem. So you should consider yourself lucky" I said, threateningly. He stares at me wide-eyed. I smile as I release his ear. I gently pat his shirt as if it's dirty.

"You're a strong man, Magma. It's such a shame if I have to do that, huh? Although, I don't mind at all. But!" I said. I grab the front of his chin harshly. I yank him down. I stare into his eyes with a cold gaze.

"Right now, Senku needs your help. He have decided to put his trust on you. So if you dare or even think of breaking that trust... or if you so much as make a slip up and make me think you're going to hurt my husband. I'm going to make sure that you're going to meet your end, understand?" I said, glaring coldly at him. He stares at me, without saying a word. But I can see the slight fear reflecting in his eyes.

"What's going on with you two?! Hurry up!" Chrome yelled out. I release his shirt. I turn to see Chrome waiting for us. "I'm coming, Chrome!" I said. He let out a sigh and turn around.

I turn to look at Magma. "So better keep it in mind, yes?" I said, as I smile innocently at him acting as if I haven't just threatened his life. I turn around and jogged up to the others.

"What's taking you so long?" Chrome asked. I smile innocently at him. "Oh nothing... Magma and I just had a friendly conversation. Right, buddy?" I said, turning to look at Magma. Chrome turns to look at Magma.

"Aye... what's up with you, Magma? You look like you have seen a ghost" Chrome said, after seeing Magma's face which is ghostly white. I shake my head and follows Senku who's walking ahead of us.

"What did you say to him?" He asked. I just shrug my shoulder. "I told you... friendly conversation..." I said. Senku squints his eyes at me, making me let out a soft giggle.

I place my hand on his cheek and push his face away. He shakes his head, laughing softly and gently grab my hand which is on his cheek. He entwined our hands together as we make our way further inside the cave.

"Get back!" Senku suddenly said, holding me back. "What's up, Senku?" Chrome said. Senku release my hand and kneels down on the ground. "It's mica..." he said. I frown when I heard what he said.

"It's like Baumkuchen... which doesn't help, I guess" he said, picking up a piece of mica from the ground. "They're rocks... but they're brittle enough that they start breaking even by hand" I said. Senku turns to me and nods his head. He looks forward.

"Look, they're natural pit traps" he said. I turn to look forward to see the whole ground is mica. "Damn, nature's trap are scary" Chrome said. "Would you be stuck if you fell into one?" Magma said.

"Yeah... try to get back up with a rope or ladder, and it'll cave in on you and bury you alive" Chrome said. Senku stands up to his feet. I can hear cracking by his feet. Magma quickly rushes forward and punch his stomach. As soon as Magma steps on the spot where Senku was, it crumbles. Senku quickly grabs his hand. I rush over and wrap my arms around his torso.

"No, Y/N! Senku! Let him go! It's going to cave in under your feet!!" Chrome said, trying to convince us to just let Magma fall into the pit. Magma stares at the two of us as we attempt to pull him up.

"Yeah, that's right! I came to this cave to kill all of you! You little twigs act so big, but you're useless, you can hardly even hunt! The strongest becomes the boss and gets the women, and the village becomes stronger! "Science" my ass!" He said. I let out a groan.

"Oh for goodness sake, shut up!! I don't give a damn about any of your opinion right now! Do all of us a favor and keep that mouth of yours shut. While we try to pull you up. And Gosh! You weight like tons!" I said, struggling to hold Senku.

Suddenly, the ground beneath us collapses and sends the three of us falling into the pit. "Senku! Y/N! Magma!!" Chrome yelled out. I close my eyes as we keep falling.

***

"Y/N... wake up. Are you okay?" Senku said. I open my eyes to see I'm laying on his lap. I sit up and turn my head to see Magma across from us. He have an annoyed expression.

"We're stuck down here..." Senku said. He stands up and start to wander around, examining each corners of the pit hole. I try to stand up, but wince when I feel a sharp pain on my ankle.

"I think I twisted my ankle..." I said. Senku turns to me with a worried face. "Hang in there okay? We'll find a way to get out of here... and we'll find a proper treatment for you" he said. I just nod my head, and sit down. Senku starts wandering around again.

"Quit wandering around! You're getting on my nerve!" Magma said. I turn to glare at him. "Pipe down! It'll cave in on us!" I hissed. He scoff at what I said.

"I'm measuring stuff..." Senku said. "There's no way we're getting out of this hole" Magma said. "Oh dear number one. That's how far your spirit goes? How lame... I guess we should just call you number zero" I said, rolling my eyes. He growls at me. I just stick my tongue out at him.

"Y/N... don't pick a fight at a time like this" Senku said. I let out a sigh and raise my hands in a mock surrender. "Alright, alright..." I said. He sighs and keeps looking around. I let out a sigh and leans my back against the wall. I hope we can get out of here.

*to be continued*