Chapter 114

Previously on Chapter 113

"Well well well... look what we have here" a new voice said. My eyes widen when I turn my head. Moz is right behind Amaryllis. He must have followed her when she tries to flee from the inner palace. Oh no... this is bad.

-Tough Agreement-

Y/N P.O.V

I hug Byakuya close to me as Moz stands menacingly behind Amaryllis who quickly backed away from him. She looks horrified at the sight of the inner palace guard. It's clear she didn't realize that she had been followed by him.

Moz eyes scans everyone's face until they landed on me who stands slightly behind Senku. Senku knows he'd stand no chance against the stronger male. But he still stood in front of me protectively as if he wants nothing more than to keep me safe.

"Ah... my sweet flower" Moz said, smiling as he stares at me. He scowls as he takes a look at the others. "How dare you kidnap my flower!" He exclaimed, angrily. He walks up to me. Senku backs away a little until he's right next to me. He places a hand on my thigh as he gently push me to stand further behind him.

"Stay back, dude... Y/N is NOT your flower. In case you are not aware, she's my wife. She's mine, alright? And the baby in her arms is our son" Senku said, calmly. I notice Moz's eyes twitches a little at what he said. I turn to look at Senku worriedly, realizing Moz isn't happy at what he just revealed.

"Is that so? Then why is she joining the cutie selection?" Moz said. I quietly let Amaryllis carry Byakuya in her arms. I move closer next to Senku, gently slipping my hand in his. Moz's eyes darkens at my action.

"Senku is my husband... but I had a reason to join the selection" I said. It's been a while since I fight. I'm not sure how strong Moz is. But if he threaten my husband or friends, I won't hold back. I'll do whatever it takes to keep everyone safe.

Gen starts to use his skill in negotiating, quickly figuring out that Moz didn't care about the inner palace at all. All he cares about is to bring down the man name Ibara. So after a while of discussion, he seems to contemplate his decision.

"I'll join your little plan. On several conditions" he said. I let myself relax just slightly. But I know his conditions wouldn't be too easy to fulfill. But if that would mean we would survive for now, so be it. Moz's smile widens as he lifts a finger.

"The first condition is that I will get to keep the device once we managed to take it" he said. It took everything in me to not let out a protest on what he just said. "And the next condition..." he trailed off. He turn his gaze until they landed on me. "I get to keep her..." he said, pointing his finger at me. Everyone tenses up at what he just said. I turn my head to look at Senku. His expression clearly shows that he's unhappy.

Senku opens his mouth to speak. I gently grab his hand. "Excuse us for a moment, Moz-Kun..." I said. It took everything in me to not cringe as I use a sweet voice when saying his name. Moz only nod his head. I turn around and drag Senku with me. He surprisingly just follows me without a word.

Once I'm sure we're out of earshot, I gently move my hand from his wrist to his hand as I turn to look at him. "I know what's in your mind right now, Senku. I know that you want me to take no part of this negotiation with Moz" I said. He let out a sigh and looks away, proving my point to be correct. I gently cup his cheek with my free hand, turning his gaze to look at me.

"But please bear with it, Senku... just this once. It's only temporary, okay? We should just play along with his plan. It's for the best... it's just so our plan would go the way we wanted it. I promise once we get what we need. We'll find a way to defeat him. And I'll come straight back to you, okay?" I said.

He let out a sigh as he leans his forehead against mine. "Why does it always have to be you?" He murmured, in a hushed voice. I can hear the frustration in his voice as he speaks. All he ever wanted was for me to be safe. But destiny seems to always put me in such stake.

"I don't know... but this is just how things are. We just have to try our best to complete these trials" I said. He let out a sigh. He places his hands on my shoulders as he pulls me closer. My head is now leaning against his chest as he hugs me tight.

"I'm sorry I keep on failing to keep you out of danger's way" he said. I shake my head, trying to let him know that it isn't his fault. "If only I could just be a stronger man for you and not someone so weak. I'd be able to keep you safe" he said.

"Senku... it's not your fault" I said, cupping his cheeks. I gently turn his head to look at me when he avoids eye-contact. He stares at me with a sad gaze. "It just can't be helped that the situations we're in are what needed to be done for us to achieve our goals. None of us have control over it. Please don't blame yourself over it" I said. He let out a sigh at what I said.

"I keep making promises that I'd make sure you won't ever get involved in such situations. Some promise I made..." he said. His voice reflects his disappointment. It makes my chest tighten at the way he keeps blaming himself for what's happening.

"Senku..." I said. He just wrap his arms around me. He buries his face into the crook of my neck. He's hugging me so tight as if he's worried I might disappear from his sight. I wrap my arms around his neck, allowing him to hold me for as long as he needs. "We'll get through this trials together. I know we will... we always managed to. There's no reason we'd fail now. We just gotta have a little faith" I said. I feel Senku nod his head lightly.

A While Later

Senku finally calms down. He pulls away from me. "I promise I'll get you out of this mess, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at what he said and nod my head. I trust him fully. "I love you" he said. I smile and gently peck his nose.

"I love you too, Senku..." I said. He leans down, gently capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. I wrap my arms firmly around his neck. He pulls me closer by the waist as he kisses me passionately.

We finally pull away. I hold his hand as the two of us make our way back towards where the others are. Moz is standing with his arms crossed as he seems to be very impatient. He turns his head to look at me and a smirk spreads across his face.

"So... do we have a deal?" He said. Senku turn his head to look at me. His eyes held sadness as he realize what will happen if he agrees. I would have to go along with Moz. I slip my hand in his, giving him a pained smile. He let out a sigh and nod his head.

"We have a deal... but the deal will be complete only after we gained what we aim for" Senku said. Moz seems satisfied with it nonetheless. They both shakes each other's hands. Moz walks over to me and gently grab my hand.

"I promise, my flower. After this... I'll make you the happiest woman alive" he said. It took everything in me to not cringe as he leans down to place a soft kiss on the back of my hand. I force a smile as he let his lips linger on my skin.

I turn my head to look at Senku. He closes his eyes and turn his head away. I notice something glistening rolling down his cheek. He lift his hand, swiftly wiping it away. He turn to look at me and give me a soft smile. He lift his hand, placing it on his chest as a signal for me to trust him... and I do trust him. He will find a way to get us out of this tough agreement.

*to be continued*