Stay with me part 2

6am

Kory and Dick are preparing breakfast.

"Are they serious not up yet?!" Dick raising his voice.

"If it bothers you so bad then go wake them up." Kory instructing dick instead of him yelling.

Dick goes to Gar's room and sees he's not there. "Gar?.. Gar?!"

He runs to Rachel's room and finds him and her in the covers. Shock took over him but anger came through to replace it.

"Are they up?-" Kory walks in. "Ohh.." her mouth drops. "Okay, let's not freak out."

"Freak out?!" He raises his voice

The kids wake up in shock. Messy hair and dazed for sleeping so hard.

They both look and see they were in situation and even though they did nothing wrong they were scared of the outcome.

Gar jumps up. "This isn't what it looks like."

"Of course it isn't." Kory laughs.

Dick walks over to Gar. "What's wrong with you? You think this is what you two need?" He shouts.

"Dick, stop acting like that." Kory angry with him.

"No, no! I wanna hear his reason for-" dick continuing his shouting

"Dick!" Rachel's eyes turn black to make everyone quiet. "I asked him to stay with me. It helps my nightmares."

Dick turns to Gar. Feeling angry but knowing he doesn't have good enough reason to be and walks away.

Kory looking at them and slowly walking away.

"I'm sorry, Gar." Rachel walking to him placing her hand on his arm.

He shakes his head. "It's not your fault."

Later that day.

"I bet you feel real good about yourself." Kory tells dick.

"You mean this is okay to you?" He spats

"Okay to me? Two teenagers spooning? Woo! Looks like we got a real problem on our hands." She mocks him.

Dick rolls his eyes. "This will distract them."

"Dick.. since when did you hire Army recruits and not teenagers?" Kory crossing her arms

Dick stood silent.

"The more you see these kids are just that. Kids. You understand that? Then you can talk to them about their personal lives." She leaves after educating him.

5pm

Gar practicing in the training room.

"Can we talk?" Dick asks entering the room.

"Depends."

"On what?"

"You gonna yell at me again?" Gar practices his fighting skills.

"No." Dick stares and sterns his tone.

"Look.. I just want you guys to not forget the big picture. This place is meant to help you.. and Kory is right. You guys are teenagers and I wasn't thinking right" dick apologizes.

Gar nods as he looks down. "I'm just trying to help her."

"You don't have to explain."'dick holds his hand up.

"Did you talk to Rachel?" Gar asks

"Not yet."

Dick leaves and knocks on Rachel's door.

"Can I help you?" Rachel ticks off.

"Look. I'm sorry. I guess part of me felt like I was more scared that this was happening and without me knowing I just want to feel I can be there to protect you and to know what is going on always."

Rachel stood there for a second. "You know I don't need to come to you first right? I can make a decision on my own."

"I know." He nods and sits down.

She felt emotional because in the short time she knew dick he looked out for her and she felt closer to him as a father than she did with her real one.

"C'mere, kid." He pulls her into a hug.