He left for you

Gar has been rescued from being held captive.

"Where's Gar?" Rachel asks coming in the kitchen.

"He's not in bed?" Kory asks

Rachel shakes her head

"He's in the training room. He says he's fine and just wants to train more." Conner says coming from hallway

"What is wrong with him? Is he crazy?" Kory upset

Rachel looking down feeling she knows what is the problem.

Kory goes to him and Rachel follows.

"Gar. You should be in bed." Kory not happy urging Gar to rest

"I'm fine." He continues to punch the bag.

"So you're gonna pretend to be Superman? Invincible?" Kory places her hands on her hips

"Oh.. like Connor? Because if I'm not Conner.. I'm just fucked right?" Gar feeling enraged

"Kory.. can you give me a minute with Gar?" Raven steps in

Starfire baffled but shakes her head and leaves

"Hey.." she steps closer to him. "Come here.." Pulling on his arm to her

He embraces her in a hug. "I'm scared, Rae. I train. I transition.. and yet I fail."

"You are still human. I need saving just as much as you do. Be human with me." She comforts him.

They break the hug and stare at each other for a moment and in the moment was tense and long. Wanting to lean in he resisted.

"I'll be done in a bit. I just can't sit still right now." Gar went back to punching the bag.

Rachel understood and walked away.

Rachel and Kory washing dishes in the kitchen.

"How is Gar?" Kory asks

"He's okay. Just feels insecure. He'll be himself again. We just need to remind him we're a family."

"You're right. Seemed to be better when you spoke to him."

"I just think he needed to be comforted and reassured."

"You two are close. It helps" Kory added

"We try to be.."

"What's that mean?"

"I don't know.. it's like we're friends.. but sometimes it feels there are moments we don't who we are to each other.." Rachel shared

"Rachel. If you don't know why.. " Kory shaking her head

"What?"

"That boy loves you. He left the manor for you. He sacrificed himself for you. You two can't make it just as friends because.. you know you're more than that..you're too scared to wonder what that could be though."

Rachel was quiet. She understood Kory.. but she was conflicted

Gar resting up and watching his laptop in his room.

*Knock knock*

"Come in."

"Hey." Rachel comes in with hot chocolate.

"Hey." He closes his laptop and sits up.

"Thought you'd be thirsty." She gives him the mug and sits beside him.

"Rach. Thanks for earlier. I know everyone is just worried about me. I guess I just.. felt small." He sips his drink

"We all get that way. It just worries us when you do. You are like the glue for us." She grabs his hand to hold.

Gar feeling bashful but nervous if his would shake or sweat. He knew it could just be a sweet moment but he doesn't have a funny bone in him at the moment.

"Gar.."

"Hm?" He sits his drink on his nightstand

"Why did you leave the manor?" she stands up to walk nervously around

"Why?"

"I guess I just.. wanna know. I mean it's not everyday you get the opportunity to be a titan right?"

"Rach.." he stands up. "I didn't know about titans til we got to the tower.. I left because of you."

She stops her pacing. "What?"

"I left.. because I had no life there and maybe we didn't make it halfway down the road but I was with you.. and that's what I wanted"

Rachel turned around and hugged him. Gar embraced her. When she pulled away she kissed him soft on the lips.

"Was that stupid? I'm sor-" Rachel cut off

Gar embraced her with another kiss. He held her back close to him and continued to kiss her back.

Rachel cupping his face and kissing him back same rhythm.

Gar slips his shirt off and continues to kiss you walking toward the bed and laying you down and climbing over you lips never parting.

They don't do anything else other than just feel each other that close and feel their kiss do all the talking they lost out on.

They pull apart staring at each other feeling that void that's been there for a long time.

"You're so beautiful, Rachel." He breathes onto her cheek looking down on her.