Holding back part 1

Raven suspicious of Terra drives a hedge between her and beast boy but when beast boy finds out the truth, raven is there for him

"Where are you going?" Terra asks BB walking along with Victor

"We're going to the arcade. You wanna come?"

"Uh no. Think I'll stay in." Terra sitting back down

"Hey, Vic why don't you get the car ready and I'll be down" Gar wanting to speak with Terra.

He sits beside her and makes her uncomfortable knowing the conversation that is coming

"Listen. I know you think she is weird but you should talk to raven. I think you two have more in common than you think."

"No thanks."

"Why not?"

"Listen, Gar. She's stuck up. She's weird. She doesn't even like you so why worry about making her happy?"

"You just don't know her like I do. " beast boy defending raven and raven walks through the hall but stops once she hears the conversation. "She seems odd, and to herself but truly she loves this team and I'm sure you two can really-"

"I'm done with this conversation!" Terra irritated and walks away

"Terra.." Gar sighs

Raven in the hallway half smiles thinking beast boy defending her considering they haven't got a long much since she's spoken her suspicions on Terra.

A few days later

"Has anyone seen Terra?" Kory asks

"She's in her room. She says she doesn't feel good today" Gar eating his cereal.

Rachel decides to relax with a book in her room after breakfast.

*knock knock* "Hey, rach it's me." Gar asks

"Come in"

"Hey..you wanna help me with something? Everyone else is busy. I wouldn't bother you if I felt I didn't need to.."

"No.. it's fine. What can I help you with?" Rachel coming to him.

"I need you to time me while I train"

"That sounds kind of..not a man two man job" Rachel suspicious

"Well, to be honest I need to train but I kinda need your blunt insight to keep me going." Gar admits

She chuckles and they go to the training room.

As she times beast boy while he runs and shifts, they move along to his combat on the punching bag.

Raven has harbored feelings of love and lust due to not wanting to indulge in any foolishness, but something about his green skin glowing from sweat and his grunts of hard work made her intrigued.

"What? No comments on how I couldn't hurt a fly?" Gar shrugs

"Uh.." Rachel snaps out of it "well now that you mention it."

He chuckles. "There it is."

She thinks to herself "I really need some air" there is no way she is finding beast boy attractive this way.

"Gar. How about we call it a day and make dinner?"

"Tofu?"

"Fine. Whatever." She agrees just to leave

After gar showers Rachel makes him tofu waffles and her noodles.

Gar got to the table and took a bite. "Damn. I didn't know you knew how to cook like that. You make them better than I do"

Rachel couldn't help but to blush. "Yea well. Don't get used to it"

He chuckled "you sound like Terra."

"Please don't say that."

"Oh here we go"

"You know what I feel. Let's leave it at that." She gets up to put her dish away

"Rae.." he gets up with her.

"Gar please leave it alone. No I don't have proof what I feel.. but it's there. Something is. I understand you don't believe me given your infatuation with her.. but please respect how I feel"

"That's not fair, Rae."

"Why not?" Both of them heated in the argument

"Because you shut people off and tell them to be okay with it. Believe it or not, I'm tired of doing that" Gar bluntly speaking on him confessing his feelings for her before Terra but was shot down.

"Gar..I.." Rachel stuttering worried to say anything

"What? Rachel tell me..what is it?" Coming close to her his green eyes puffed into hers.

Gar and Rachel's heads close to embracing one another's for a kiss they both have wanted. 

Kory coming through and they pull away immediately. "Oh I thought I heard Terra's name and thought she'd be up."

"No.. still in her room." Gar trying to act normal

"I'll go check on her." Kory walking through the halls

"Knock knock* "Terra?" After no answer she walks in and sees Terra isn't there and checks the security logs and can't find her anywhere.

"Dick! Terra's missng!"

"What?" Everyone worried

"I checked her room and the cameras and she's no where." Kory explains and dick goes to check the cams himself

"This is odd.." he says to himself

"What is it?" Gar curious

"You see the time here? It skips 2 hours from 2-4am last night."