Magic mirror part 5

As they arrived to the get together. Gar was playing his violin, and the others were tuning into their instruments.

There were people dancing and laughing. Gars mother was introducing raven to friends. Gar sees her from his spot and notices how pretty her braids are.

As a few more songs take in, they let the night end in a slow song.

"Garfield. Let one of the boys take over this one and go dance with Raven." His mother poked at him

"Mom, I'm sure she wouldn't want to dance with me." Gar shrugging

"That's silly talk! She's been looking at you the whole time and didn't dance with anyone else."

He blushed thinking that but worried he'd just been silly for thinking that.

"If you don't dance with her, I will." His buddy joked

Gar laughed and gave someone else the instrument. As a slow song came on, he walked over to her and sat with her.

"So.. are you enjoying yourself?" He asks her

"It's so fun and loud and.. you people really know how to move." She laughs while sipping her drink.

"Well, would you like to.. to dance?" He asks nervously

"Dance? I'm not very good at it."

"I know..but neither am I." He held his hand out

She accepted it and walked with him to dance. She saw what others were doing and Laid her hand on his shoulder as his hand was around her waist and they slow danced.

They both smiled and blushed.

Gar twirled her and it made smile big which made him giggle. As the song ended they both blushed and smiled.

"Garfield, here you go. Thank you for the night." The lady paid him.

Gar smiled but felt under paid but shown his appreciation.

Later that night

Gar making him some tea while everyone is asleep. His father comes to do the same.

"Can't sleep?" His father asks

Gar shakes his head.

"Got something on your mind?" As he pours him a cup. "Or someone?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"It's just a question."

"Well, if you must know I feel like everyone around here doesn't actually pay me as a musician but as like a friend.."

"Well.. it's a small place. I suppose they don't think too much on it." His father patted his back. "Is that all that's on your mind?" His father added

Gar blushed. "Goodnight, dad." He giggled

His father laughed. "I thought so." Knowing Gar is too bashful to talk about Raven.

The next day Gar goes to sit at the beach before the sunset and raven watches him from behind the trees before joining him.

"Hello." She sits beside him.

"Hey.."

They sat together in silence. "Are you okay?" She asks

"Oh. Yea. I guess I just feel a little discouraged is all." He rubs his neck

"I'm sorry. What's discouraging you?"

"Feeling I won't ever get much to have my dream I guess.."

"Oh.. Well I think you're really good with your instruments. I like when you play." She tucks her hair behind her ear

"Yea?" He smiles

"Yea."

They have a moment of gazing into one another's eyes and slowly leaning in. Then thunder hits hard.

It makes her jump into his arms. He smiles. "We better go. Before it pours." She nodded and they ran home.