Next chapter P.5

As Roman is leaving, Gar in the living room sees him and his bags leaving. Confused but not wanting to eavesdrop or push himself on Rachel just yet.

"Conner. Could you.. go upstairs and check on Rae?"

"Why?"

"I think Roman left.. and I mean I'm kind of concerned why or if she's okay.."

Conner grasps his shoulder and sighs "Gar.. you know what you have to do.."

Gar silent but not sure how to do it

He goes to Rachel's door and bringing himself to knock

Rachel opens the door surprised to see Gar.

"Hi.."

"Hey.." Rachel crossing her arms. "Is there something wrong?"

"No.. no. I um.. just wanted to check in before you go to bed."

"Oh.." she half smiles. "I'm great. Never better.."

Gar felt her lies cover her sadness and nodded. "Well.. I guess I'll let you sleep.."

"Ok.." she continues to close the door

Gar turns back around "actually.. Rachel.. I want to know if I could talk.. to you."

Rachel is a little put off but opens her door to let him in

"What's up?"

"I should've said something." Gar not facing her but looking out her window

"What?"

"I know.. me leaving beforehand and not saying a word was wrong but I couldn't imagine saying goodbye.. the only thing I wanted to have said wouldn't be fair..so I left"

Rachel is quiet. Leans against the door. "It's whatever. In the past."

He turns around. "No. You were my best friend but I hurt you, and I hurt myself doing it.."Tears beginning to cover his eyes

"Did it hurt when you posed with my classmate but bailed on seeing your so called best friend?"

"What?"

Rachel opens her phone to find the saved post she seen of her class mate boasting on meeting Beast boy.

"I-I can explain that. It's not what you think."

"Okay. Explain how you bailed on me.. act weird around me and actually came to my residence to only dodge me and hang out with someone else"

Gar hesitating and feeling stuck "I-"

"Or how about you're only up here because Roman left."

"It's not like that.." he sighs "Rachel I wanted to come to you.. and apologize.. but when I got there you were gone.. and I saw your room.. there was nothing of me.. and it's not like I expect some collage made of me.. I just thought.. with all we been through there would be some memory of us.. "

Rachel remembering her and Roman's picture on the floor. A tear fell from Rachel's cheek. "Gar.. He wasn't.. the guy for me.. I brought him here because..it just felt hard to see everyone again without having a part of my life in bludhaven with me.. I needed something to help me go back.." she sits on her bed

"Do you wanna go back?" He asks her sitting next to her

"Yes.. and no..I miss my family.. I miss you."

"I missed you too."

Their puppy eyes pink and embrace a hug between each other.

Pulling away slowly their foreheads touch and feeling safe in their aura together they slowly embrace a soft small kiss. Pulling apart only to smile and embrace another kiss. Gar's hand cups her neck and sliding his hand slightly in her hair while both ravens hands cup his face.

They both snuggle in blankets. Rachel laying on Gar's chest and Gar sliding his fingers across her back