Between two changelings part 4

*sorry for the long wait*

Raven waking up feeling different. She goes to her bathroom and runs the shower water and once she steps out she wipes off the mirror and see's her red gem off her forehead.

Confused feeling like she must be dreaming she steps back and her back against the wall.

"How the-" she mutters

She goes up to it again and realizes she isn't seeing things.

Pacing back and forth "how is this possible? I didn't do anything.. I.." she paced.

She felt her necklace was still on and took it off and placed it on the table. As she got dressed and decided to rest for the day feeling nauseated from the unknowingly disappearing of her own gem.

Gar in his part of the woods practicing his abilities

"Focus..focus" he whispers to himself as he feels himself slowly morph into a raccoon.

"Well not what I was thinking, but ok" he tries again thinking of an hawk And seeing he transforms into a pigeon. "I think that's enough practice for the day" he shifts back into his natural form

Feeling bored he paces in his cottage. "Am o this desperate?" He thinks to himself.. He pulls out his phone and texts Rachel.

"Hey, beautiful " he texts her

Hearing a ding on her phone she picks it up and sees his text which instantly brings a smile to her face

"Hi." She replies

"So.. would you like to have dinner with me today?"

Feeling she doesn't want to get too close to him but also liking him she feels confused. She feels her head again to feel her gem still gone.

"Ya know what? Sure. Where?" She replies taking a leap

"Meet me at our spot." He texts back

Gar picks up a short sleeved shirt with some black jeans, and brushed his hair back as it went down a little on the neck.

Rachel wears a long sleeved black and gray striped dress that goes above her knees with black alt boots with heels. She decided to let her hair be as as it is. First time in a long time she felt she can herself.

Gar waiting at their spot looking at his phone. Not wanting to be a pest but was always hungry and fighting the urge to smell her scent to find her quicker

Once she came to the spot he looking at seeing her beautiful pale body in one of her alt dresses. His mouth dropped being smitten by her beauty.

"Well are we just gonna stand here?" She sasses

"You look amazing.. " he blushed

"You don't look so bad yourself" she flirted back

They walk down to a local diner. Gar opens the door for her as they walk in and are seated.

"This place is nice." She mentions

"Well I wanted this to be special for you." He smiled

The waiter came and took their order and brought them some drinks

"Hey. What happened to your um.." he pointed to his forehead

"Oh! Well..I forgot to put it on. Silly me!" She came up quickly

"I know you kinda already know this.. but you look beautiful." He compliments her

"Thanks.." she blushes once again

"So, um can I ask a question?" She asks

He nods

"Why is a young guy like yourself deciding to reside in a place like this where it's dangerous and people treat you like you're at trouble maker?"

"Well.. I guess because I feel like this is my home.. and I want to believe people only act rash because they are scared." Gar holding back that he can shift into anything to protect the people is his reason "What about you?"

"Well.. I guess I have been here long enough and I feel maybe this place sucks but maybe it's worse out there"

He half smiles. "I get that."

Raven starts to feel odd "Um can you excuse me please?" She walks to the bathroom. Staring into the mirror and feeling the pain of her gem reappearing. "Oh no.."

Back at the table. Gar's waiting and he hears a couple of men come in demanding everyone of their money and jewelry.

Gar disappeared into the hallway and shifts into a tiger scaring off the criminals and once raven comes out of the bathroom and to her surprise seeing men with guns and a green tiger

One of the gunman attempt to the the tiger and it snips his shoulder and he whelps as the man runs off. Gar still in tiger form runs out and raven looks for Gar in the restaurant still. 

"Gar!" She looks but guesses he ran when he could. She walks out and hears crying in the alley. She slowly walks toward it. "Hello?"

He realizes someone is there and tries to hide but raven sees him.

"Gar! You're hurt!"

"This? Ah. It's nothing."

She notices his skin isn't his usual color. It's as if he's toning green.. "it was you.. wasn't it?"

He looks at her and worried. "You think I'm a freak now?" He looks down

"On the contrary.. it's nice to meet another."

To his surprise he doesn't understand her calmness until her gem glows up and she holds her hand over his wound.

"I can't.. you're-" Gar stuttering

"Yea.. so how about me? You think I'm a freak?"

"No.. I'm just.. surprised. You saved me! And you can heal people.."

"I can do more than that..but we got to get out of here" she urges him hearing sirens

"Come on. I got a place." He grabs her hand and runs to his home in the woods