Being normal

Requested*

Before Rachel getting her gem returned she sneaked outside to get a breather before going along with the process.

Gar noticing her abstinence and went outside to look for her.

"Rach?"

He finds her arms crossed and against the rv feeling at a crossroad with who she is and who she is meant to be.

"Hey.. you ok?" He comes closer to her

"Yea.. just acknowledging that I'm not gonna be the girl I wanted to be.. back in high school before.. my mom died.. and I ran away..I wanted to be those girls so bad. Who had the grades, the body, the talent.. and I mean it's not like I wanted to be cheerleader but I just wanted to be normal."

"Rach.." Gar closing his eyes and taking the courage he needed. "you don't have to do this"

"Do what?"

"Be raven. You can leave. You don't owe the world.. anything."

Rachel in awe of Gar bringing it up. Of course she wants to be normal but leaving raven behind.. and knowing her being a titans with her friends would most likely end.

"You're valuable and powerful.. but you deserve good things. To be happy. Feel yourself.." he looks to the ground "loved."

She looked away and was silent. Thinking it's possible. She could be this person.

"I do have those things.. maybe not in the way I wanted them but they're good enough." She looked into his eyes.

He smiled "Really?"

"Yea." She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her. "Good."

She pulled away. "Hey. What would you do? If you were normal.."

"Travel. Find my purpose. Maybe adopt a Yorkie. Name it spot" he jokes

"Could you be serious for one moment" they both laugh.

"Haha.. um.. I don't know. I'd be an orphan either way. I guess i don't want to think of how life would be without being found by Nile's.. or by you."

"We found each other.. if you didn't find me in the woods I don't know what would have happened to me.."

"Hope this doesn't come out the wrong way.. but the day you blew up that church was one of the best days I had in a long time."

"serious?"

"Yea.. I mean it was lonely. I had people I could count on.. but when the incident outside.. of the arcade. I knew it had something to do with you... so I followed."

"So you.. stalked me?" She shrugs

"Not the words I'd use.. but yea kinda." He chuckles

"I'm glad you did." Rachel she leaned in closer to him.

"Me too" he stared into her eyes.

"So.. You're content.. here?"

"I have all I want.." His eyes never leaves hers.

They both in the moment lean in and their lips slowly graze upon each others. Going in sync and Rachel's hand cups Garfield's cheek while his hands grasp her waist.

"Hey, guys we're- Oh! Uh. Sorry." Conner comes out and sees what he has walked upon.

Gar and Rachel chuckle a bit and walk back inside.