The Siren and The Beast P. 1

Request: raven is a mermaid and falls for a human, Gar, who doesn't know the truth.

Raven is no friend to her people. Most think she is a siren. A sea witch. She isn't like the others who are filled with light. Her red eyes, and long tale signals she is inferior but she keeps to herself. They think she is from the witches such as where jinx is. Mermaids you cannot trust.

Garfield Logan is a human who likes video games, food and being with friends. He has a super power. The ability to connect with all life and transition into any animal. He keeps it hidden unless he wanted the government to pick him up. It's hard to keep a secret. He knows there are other special people out there he just doesn't expect to find them.

Raven is in her small home in the sea. Secluded from the others. There is a jamboree going on and she was not invited. She watches from her window. She likes people, but knows their feelings towards. She is an empath and feels them all so loudly it would be hard to ignore it if she was near them. So she finds it suiting she is by herself.

She goes hunting for fish the next day and when and over hears a conversation two other mermaids are having.

"She's a siren. She's evil." One mermaid exploits

"I mean is she though? We've not even said hi before to her. Maybe she's just different."

"Her eyes are red. Just like that one siren from long ago.. Trigon."

Raven gulps. That's her father who she managed to run from. She hopes they would not find out her secret.

Raven swims off. She decides it is best she finds another home. Where she would not be hunted for her fathers ways.

As she swims her mind goes back and forth with being with her people but she knows she is not like them so it is hard to find a home for her.

There is a place she likes to think. But sometimes there are humans and she must be careful. She goes to a cave. It is popular to humans but she tries to hide until they leave.

Gar and his friends are bored. They are bored of films, skate parks and video games and decide to go do something new.

His friend comes up with the idea of going to a nearby cave. "There's this cave that has ancient culture hidden inside the walls. Check it out?" And all boys agreed.

Raven has arrived to the cave she is propped upon her rock and watches the sunset rest upon the sea as the tide comes. She wishes she could have this view always.

She hears voices and laughter and she jumps back in the water making a big splash.

"Woa! What was that?"  One of the boys stunned.

"Jump in and find out." They laughed. "Maybe we can catch it."

"Hey, guys. Let's let it be. We came here to hang out." Gar being sensitive to any teasing with animals.

They sat on the rocks while viewing the sunset chatting.

Raven is behind a rock and studies them.

They are about to leave so raven is about to flee as well until an old finishers net on back rock is tied around her Finn.

She makes little splashes and struggles to leave. Gar hears it and can sense trouble. He searches and sees a finn trapped. He recognizes it to be huge but the rest of the body is under water. She is afraid to let a human see her. She has heard stories of her captured species.

Gar calms her wagging tail by placing his hand on it and sensing his ability to connect with her she feels calm. He unties it and she fled..

As he left the cave she did glance at him and seen he was different than anyone she had met. Even her own species wouldn't have saved her.