The Siren and The Beast P.5

The week following, Garfield shows Raven around the shop.

"So this is it. Just some cashier work and occasional sweeping."

"Cashier?"

"Yea. Don't worry. I'll show you." He goes to grab her an apron

She holds it confused on what it is for.

He giggles. "Here." He slips it over her head and swoops his hand under her long dark purple locks as he puts it on. Something beautiful about that made him feel chills. He takes the strings and ties them on the back and reaches his arms in front of tie it.

It felt like the world stopped and it was the longest moment. She felt.. different having him over her that way. There was something nice about him but she didn't know him enough to understand it

"Well. There you go. You're an official employee."

She smiles and shrugs her shoulders.

After the store was closed for the day. Gar enjoyed his day but didn't exactly want it to be over.

"Hey, Rachel.."

She takes off her apron. "Yes?"

"You wanna go grab a bite to eat? I'm paying."

She smiles and nods. Gar locks the store as they leave.

They walked down the street to a familiar place he dines. "Vic's Diner"

"This is actually a friend of mine's place. He is a great chef." Gar informs her as they walk in

"Hi, Garfield." The waitress greets him. "Two?"

Garfield nods while they are seated and a familiar voice comes through "Green machine!"

"Hey!" Gar stands to greet his friend.

"You ain't been here in a while. Thought you found someplace better" Victor laughs

"Never! You're the only one who doesn't give me heat on ordering a veggie burger at a diner"

"That's true." He laughs and looks at Rachel and back at Him. "Well, you gonna introduce me to your girl?"

"Oh.. she's not- I'm not-No." gar stutters

"Uh huh. Sure. I heard that before."

"No! I mean.. this is Rachel.. She has been renting out my moms extra room."

"Oh really? I gotta apologize for my boy then. I couldn't imagine living with his slop." Victor jokes

"Hey!" Gar grunts

Rachel laughs but still bashful.

"So, I got a new thing on the menu. Not to worry it contains nothing to aggravate your vegan laws and it's good! Like good good!" Victor boasts

He looks to Rachel and shrugs. "Why not?"

"Your slop?" Rachel asks confused

"He's determined to embarrass me. We've known each other for years, he should know better to know I can't get embarrassed."

Rachel nods but remembers he acted quite nervous when Victor mentioned her.

"So.. how did you like your first day?"

"It's very different from what I used to do..it's easy and kinda fun to meet new people who come inside."

"Yea? Well when everyone knows there's a new pretty girl in town they'll come inside just to scout." Garfield blurts

Rachel notices he called her pretty and felt red immediately.

He smiles knowing he could have made it weird but as a flirt he had to mention his honesty

"Okay. Okay. Here's my new famous dish." Victor walks toward their table.

They enjoy their meal and Gar goes to say bye to his friend in the back.

"Hey, man thanks. We'll head off now."

"Oi!" He grunts "Please tell me you're not playing dumb with her right? Too damn beautiful to ignore the spark between you two."

Gar blushes and rubs his neck. "Eh.. she and I aren't.. she doesn't-"

Vic laughs. "Bro you too easy! If you don't show her around town, maybe I'll drop by one of the days and do it myself." Vic knows how to push his friend instead of holding back

"Well I didn't say I didn't want to.. she's just settling in right now.. I can't just go to her and proclaim some kind of love for her"

"Love? Bruh I'm just trying to get you a girl!"

"Ya know what? You're an ass." Gar gets embarrassed

"Oh come on!" Vic laughs "hell maybe if you mention it at least she can't ignore you, you two live together."

Gar gives him the finger as he walks away which makes his friend laugh.

They return home to a quiet house where his mother is already asleep.

"Well.. I guess I'll turn in. Goodnight Rachel." Gar says fitting his hands in his pockets.

"Goodnight, Gar." She goes to the hall but turns "Gar?"

He turns quickly

"Thank you. For helping me.. and taking me to meet your friend."

"Heh. Yea.. I.. I can show you around more sometime.. if you like." He asks nervously

Rachel feels a flustered wave inside her. "I'd.. id like that." She turns to go to her room. As she shuts the door she lays against the door and bites her lip to contain excitement. What was it with him? He made her feel.. good. A way that was very limited back home.

Gar couldn't hide his smile thinking about the days they'll spend together. He brought his arm back with a scoring gesture "Yes!" He whispers