Arella Rita

Sleeping soundly in their bed, BB and Raven suddenly hear their 1 year old cry in their room.

"Always at 3am." Gar mumbles

Rachel walks out the door putting on her silk robe and headed to pick up Arella in her crib.

"Shh. What's wrong, love?" She picks her up and holds her to her chest. She checks the diaper seeing it was fine and thought she might be hungry.

Dick comes to the room. "Is everything ok?"

"Yea. She's just fussy. I'll make her a bottle and take her to bed with me."

"You sure?" Dick being the friend but father figure he feels toward her.

"Yea, thanks. Go back to bed. I'm sorry if she woke Kory and Mar'i."

"No. No. They sleep like the dead when it's this time" Dick jokes and assures

Rachel heads back to the bedroom and sees Gar spread out.

"Gar. Gar." She whispers nudging him so she doesn't upset the baby.

Gar groans in his pillow.

"Gar. Move." She nudges him.

Gar groans and slides over sleepy eyed.

Rachel situates herself on the bed while arella still in her arms.

"Ugh. Babe." Rachel scoffs. "I forgot her bottle. Could you go refill it?"

Gar groaning lightly in his sleep and slowly raising up.

Gar walking in the kitchen making a bottle while talking to himself. "Gar make a bottle. Gar grab a diaper.. What is sleep? Never met her."

Gar comes back to the room and giving the bottle to His daughter while laying next to them as they all eventually fall asleep together.

The next day

Kory, Rachel, and Dick sitting at the table.

"I cannot believe she is turning one in a month." Kory brags on Arella while she plays with 5 year old Mar'i.

"I know." Rachel turns to sip coffee. "It's like.. I'm going through a slide of memories everyday and it's getting faster."

"It will. It sucks.. but as long as you soak up every minute of it.. you'll never wanna change a thing." Dick smiles

"Where's Gar?" Rose comes in the dining area. "He was supposed to meet us for training and never showed."

"Oh. He's taking the time to sleep in. If he loses an ounce of rest he is out all day." Rachel rolls her eyes.

"Well, he's got some training to do. Let's go wake his ass up" Rose and Conner run to annoy Gar.

Gar in a deep sleep with Crypto in his ear and hair licking causing Gar to giggle. "Rachel.."

Connor laughing. "Dude! That is so sick."

Gar walking up. "Ugh!" Wiping the dogs drool off him.

"Wow.. Poor Rachel." Rose says while her face says it all.

"Let me sleep!" Gar puts a pillow over his head.

"No can do." Rose says as Connor raises the pillow

"Fine.. I'm up. I'm up."

Gar walking in the kitchen and goes for the coffee where Rachel is standing.

"Well. Well. Look who rose from their sleep." Rachel holding her mug sassing.

"While our daughter likes to wake up at 3am.. I like to sleep in til then." He sasses back.

"It's not like i want that.. but here I am.. being super mom." She raises her mug.

Gar sighs "of course you are." He comes to kiss her cheek.

"But I know.. we need to try and find a way where she sleeps all night." Rachel admits

"Yea.." Gar sips his mug.

Arella running to the kitchen on her little feet reaching for Gar to hold her. Gar leans down to hold her and kisses her cheek. "My little beast."

Rachel smiles watching them both.

Later at night 10pm

"She's down." Gar comes to the room in the bed after putting Arella to bed.

"Hopefully there will be no waking up." Rachel settles in the sheets.

"Yea.." Gar shutting off the lamps and getting into bed.

He hugs on her snuggling in her neck. "Mmm"

"Oh.. you are not trying to get another baby out of me are you?" Rachel giggling

"What? I'm just cuddling you. What's wrong with that?" He mumbles in her neck making her giggle more

"Gar..Come on aren't you sleepy?" She resists a little

"Well.. I got some extra sleep earlier.. it's a little hard to sleep right now."

"Yea?" Gar raises his head from her neck to kiss her slowly and passionately. Leaning down to her ear. "What about now?" He whispers

Both of their faces laying on each other breathing heat between them.

"What if I fall asleep?" Rachel asks

"Trust me, baby. That won't happen." He giggles while kissing her again.

The baby crying in the distance.

"Oh shit." Gar whined. "I'll go get her to sleep then I'll be back."

"I'll be asleep when you get back probably." Rachel thought but she wasn't telling him that.