A Christmas morning

Requested. Beast boy and Raven are grown and have their own children and enjoy Christmas with them

Gar and Rachel getting their sleep in as Christmas morning approaches.

They hear little feet slap the floor toward their bed. "Oh no.." raven mutters

Gar grunts as he feels little knees jump on him.

"Presents! Santa came!" Little Layla cried out

Gar and Rachel looked at each other realizing it was gonna be a long day.

Rachel grabbed her silk purple robe and Gar would do nothing of the sort. He went downstairs with the kids in his "buddy the elf" sweat pants and no shirt and messy green hair.

"Walk! Don't run" Rachel raising her voice watching her husband, daughter and son immediately slow down to her tone.

"Yea, guys that's irresponsible" Gar jokes which makes the kids giggle

As both Layla and Oliver wait for their cue to open up presents Gar gets in between to help them and raven grabs the camera.

Once the kids open them Gar gets into it as if it was his own presents.

After Gar and Rachel watched the kids open the gifts they went to make breakfast.

"Glad they're happy but wish they were less loud." Gar muttered

"Remind you of anyone?" Raven looks at him

"Pft!"

"Don't pft me. You know you're still like a 6 year old at heart"

"Six really? Maybe 10." He jokes

As the kids and Gar and raven sit for breakfast table and enjoy the kids run to their toys again.

"What's that?" Gar points to behind her. Rachel turns her head then looks back and sees Gar holding a little gift box

"Gar. You didn't have to." Rachel blushes

"Yea yea. Open it." Gar excited

She opens it and it's a stone with their initials carved into the necklace. "It's beautiful." She kisses his cheek and he moves her hair to strap her necklace on.

Rachel goes to grab his gift and it's of him and her back when they first met, and a note behind it.

"What's this?" Gar curious

"Ok.. back when we first met and you asked me out and I said no and you thought I didn't care for you.. Kory told me to write how I feel.. only I never shown you.. until now." Blushing and a little embarrassed

"Rae.." he reads it.

"The truth is I'm not who I want to be. I'm not who you think I am. I won't be this princess bubblegum girlfriend for you. I won't flirt. I won't sit around waiting for you. I won't care if you don't like me.. You're loud. You're a people person. You laugh a lot.. all traits that annoy me. But sometimes you make me laugh and I want to hide it. Seeing how protective you get shows you in a different way I didn't know I'd like. How you put others first reminds me you're the best of us.. I'm not someone you should want.. but I wish I could feel comfortable with it.. if there's anyone that deserves love. True love. It's you."

Feeling sentiment run through his body he knew Rachel was rough on the outside but not so much on the inside but to see this hit him.

He cups her face and kisses her gently. "I'm so glad it's you and me." Gar and Rachels heads learning against one another.