The Siren and The Beast P.4

Gar and Rachel walked down the village of shops. "So where are you staying?" He asks her

"I um.. don't know."

"Oh. Do you know anyone around here?"

She shakes her head and looks down

"Well.. my mom is renting a room. If you want, I can check in with her and you can come check it out?"

"I would be so grateful."

After Garfield is off the phone he comes to greet her. "Hey! Good news. My mom will be happy to help."

She smiles with relief.

"She is also making dinner so if you'd like we can head there and I'll show you the room afterwards." He smiles and pulls his dog. "Let's go, boy."

They walked to his mothers home which was only a few miles ahead.

As they got to his home she felt exhausted but still felt strong enough to keep going. It's like trying to sweets for the first time. There would be no limit.

"Home sweet home." He opened the door and let her come in behind him. "Mom. I'm home. I brought a friend." He let dodge loose.

"Garfield. If it's dinner, you know the rules. Dodge has to go outside." She came through. "Oh hi, dear. Welcome." His mother greets them.

Raven smiles. "Hello."

"Let me get you a top, dear. Not that you're not flattering but maybe just not for the dinner table." She says going upstairs to grab a t shirt in Garfield's room.

Raven looked down and didn't understand. This was apparel for home.. why not here?

"Don't take it personal. She's just an old fashioned." Gar playfully nudged her

"Here we go." She gave her a t shirt. "The bathroom is right down the hall."

Once raven leaves to change into a shirt. Garfield goes to help his mother with the table.

"Tell me about her."

"Well.. to be honest I just met her. She looks lonely and kind of shy so I thought maybe she could stay here until she can get on her feet."

"Well, I guess she can help out with the gardening and shop."

Raven walks in and see's a vegan casserole worn side dishes. She never ate anything hot so she was curious but easily enticed due to its smell.

They all sat and she watched as gar held the big spoon and put it in his own plate. She didn't assert these customs in her home.

"Garfield! We have a guest!" His mother screeched

"Oh! I'm sorry!"

She giggles. "Don't worry. I.. I don't mind."

"So.. I don't think I got your name, dear"

"Rachel. My name is Rachel."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." She smiles "So, I was thinking for the room. If you don't have anything else aligned up, I could help you with that. I have a shop and a garden I am not attending to like I'd like to."

"I'd be there. I could help you around." Garfield added

She nodded and smiled. "Of course."

After dinner, Gar's mother took her to the vacant room. "So, here it is." It was a small room. It had a bed, a small dresser and a mirror. "it doesn't lock sadly but if you ever need privacy, don't worry no one in this house barges in without knocking."

"I.. can't thank you enough." Rachel smiles

"Of course dear. I'll let you settle in." She shuts the door

Rachel goes to the bed and leans her arms on it. Feeling the soft cotton. It feels so smooth and comfortable. She leans her knees on it and sits on top of the bed. She yawns, and lies down on the pillows feeling the heat of the sun and walking catch up to her and falls asleep.

After 10 minutes, Gar knocks and opens the door without hearing a response. "Rachel?" He see's she is asleep. He goes to pull a throw cover on her and lets her sleep.