[ Chapter 4 : Middle Finger ]

Y/n's pov.

" We'll continue on the next class " Derek said and we all close our books.

Derek or the others weren't lying, he is an excellent potion teacher, I learned new things such as mandrake root which is an annoying root and other things. I got off my seat and about to leave when I felt a bump on my shoulder making me crash the table next to me, I hold the edge so I won't hurt myself and I look over to see Rowena walking away with her boots clicking, I scoff and adjust my skirt before I walk away.

" Y/n stay " I internally groan and turn around to Derek who's on his desk reading a sheet of paper.

" What old man? " I asked.

" You suck " he turns the sheet of paper to me.

My answer sheet paper, five marks out of twenty.

" Fuck you " I said and he put the paper down on the table.

" So, why are you really here? " He asked as he holds the quill.

" Like Mrs. Zvahl said, learn alchemy, earn money and pay your broke your ass " I said.

" I'm a teacher, at least I don't scoop out pigs shit " he said.

" Yeah yeah, if your going to make fun of me I'm just gonna go " I walk away.

" Does your mother know your here? " I stop in place and grip the books in my hands tightly.

" Because I would know your coming after receiving a message from her " he said.

I turn around to him and hold my books closer to my chest, he sit up properly from his chair and look at me in concern.

" Gia's dead " I said.

He slightly turn his head to the side.

" Our so called friends tried to kill me too, I was poisoned and thank God to the elixir you gave I wouldn't be here, but Gia no they decided to slit her throat instead " I said.

" And your here why? " He asked.

" Honestly. . . . " I swallow a lump in my throat, my vision started to blur but I blink my eyes to clear it.

" You don't know " he said, I shrug.

" Friends am I right? " I asked.

" If your out for revenge then, I'm not teaching you " he said.

" You know my dad, I'm not going back there so when Mrs. Zvahl offered this path I took it " I said.

" The only wished I could have is bring the twins here. . .and find out what's wrong with me " I said.

" What about your mother?, You rather leave her with him? " He asked.

" She's just less like him so it doesn't matter if I bring her because sooner or later she'll be more aggressive " I said.

" One last question, what are you going to do after your done here? " He asked.

" Travel the world, I couldn't before and now I'm here, so why not right? " I asked, he smiles.

" You can go now " he said.

" Oh, I have one more thing for you " I said and I reach in my pocket as I approach him.

" You got me somethi–. . . " He stops himself after I took out my middle finger from my pocket.

I gasp and put my finger away.

" Sorry, wrong one I think I left it in the other pocket " I put my other hand in my other pocket.

" Very funny–. . . " Her shuts himself up again to my other middle finger, he sighs and smiles at me with sarcasm.