[ Chapter 24 : Illegitimate ]

Y/n's pov.   

I slowly approach mom from behind who's sitting on the chair, enjoying her cup of tea and I notice the maid beside her saw me so I put my finger on my lips to shush her. She nods and I continue to creep up slowly, I tap her right shoulder which had her flinch, I scoot over to the left and she turns to see no one but she turns to her left and I smile.

" Hi "

" Oh! " She chuckles after startling her.

" Afternoon Y/n " she said then put down her cup of tea.

" Why are you alone in this dark corner? " I asked as I sit down next to her.

I see she has a few snacks on a plate.

" I'm just relaxing with the garden view, I'm not the matron anymore and I can have some time for myself " she smiles as she put down her cup of tea.

" So, what brings you here? " She asked.

" Yeshua actually told me what happened at the dining room after I left " I said, she takes a deep breath then exhale as she pick up a peanut.

" He shouldn't have " she said then feed me the peanut.

" Why didn't you tell me you were sick? " I asked.

" Because I already have all I want and she's in front of me " she smiles, I snicker.

" Don't worry, I'll heed Yeshua's advice, I will try my best to not stress you out much " I said.

" Then you'll be stressing yourself out " she said, I smile.

" I said I'll try " I said, she laughs.

" Anthony called me an illegitimate child yesterday " I said, she scoffs.

" I'm not surprised, you have to be careful around him especially Paige, got that? " She asked, I nodded.

" So, Eli and Elliot hasn't come home yet " I said.

" They seem to have classes, if I'm correct they should be on their way home now " she said.

" We're behind you " I look over my shoulder to see two boys walking down the path.

Their still wearing the school uniforms and both of them has jet black hair with a pair of e/c eyes. I see one carrying a lynx cat and I assume that's Elliot and Eli is on the right.

" Boys " mom stands up and they approach to hug each other.

" Hi mom " they said.

" I have a special surprise today " mom squinted her eyes and they both laugh as she ruffle their hair.

" This is your sister Y/n " she moves aside and I stand up from the chair.

" Hi " I wave and they both smiles.

" Wow, you look a lot like mom than Derek " Elliot said.

" Elliot! " Mom scolds and he shrugs.

" It's true " Eli said, I nodded.

" I agree too " I said.

" This is Lulu " Elliot turns the cat to me.

" I know " I said and pet her as she purrs.

" You can tell them apart by the personality " mom said, I snicker and nodded.

" Eli? " Mom asked and I look at him who just whipped out a book out of nowhere and start reading.

He lift his head up at us.

" Oh sorry, couldn't help it, nice to know I'm not the youngest anymore " he shut the book and I see a manservant approaching us.