[ Chapter 77 : Promise Is A Promise ]

Y/n's pov.  

" It's a graduation, of course parents will be present "

" Yeah but they didn't mention that everyone is going to be here " I said as I look through the crack of the door and see grandmother sitting in her wheelchair next to uncle Jack.

Their chatting.

" It's a graduation " I turn around to Laurence who's all changed into his uniform and so am I.

We're all gathered at the entrance off the main hall, just waiting for the intro then our names to be called. I fiddle with the necklace around my neck Laurence gave me, I didn't see Derek anywhere except Celeste. Since Declan and Yeshua are still patrolling the school, they'll be too busy to attend the graduation.

But I saw how big Celeste's belly is, and I'm predicting a nephew is on the way. Though there wasn't any news of mom.

" It's okay " Laurence takes my hand.

" My father's not here either, but I just know their proud of us " he said, I smile and nod.

" Why are you ignoring me? " We both look over by the crowd where we see Lumina looking at Rowena with worry.

" It's about to start soon, stay still " she said with arms folded.

" I know that but could you at least look at me? " Lumina turns Rowena's face but she pushes her hand away.

Lumina sighs and stand beside her all frowned.

" What's up with that? " Laurence asked.

" Rowena's parents found their letters to each other, and the words they express wasn't pleasant, and now her parents are here, she's worried " I said.

" Everyone has different opinions, some are unpleasant and you can't do anything about it " he said.

" Well other than that– "

" Welcome everyone! " We hear the voice of miss Layla.

" We're starting!, Go to your positions! " Elvenia and Felix popped out of nowhere then they grab our fingers.

" Come on! " Elvenia pulls me and I chuckle as Laurence and I went our separate ways.

I went to the girl's section and he heads to the boy's section, I stand in between Heidi and Rowena, I nudge Rowena's arm.

" What? " She asked.

" Don't be harsh on her, at least you get to do whatever you want after this " I said.

" Easy for you to say, the name Vaitla has fame, I'll be a laughingstock to everyone " she said.

" Is that really what's more important to you? " I asked.

She turns to me about to say something but no words came out and she turns away with realization before sighing. I smile and stand here noticing her hand holds Lumina's. The door then opens and we all pay attention in front of us, before this graduation we all had rehearsed over and over and of course it was difficult for me since I was in a wheelchair before but now I've recovered.

We all start walking in lines and enter the main hall with the path in front of us given while parents are on the side of the hall.

" Hey " I felt a poke behind my shoulders.

I look over to see Paige.

" What? " I asked, she gesture her head.

" Look over there " she said.

I turn my head and look through the crowd and see aunt June, I was confused at first but then my eyes averted to the woman waving over at me with a smile. My eyes widened and I was in disbelief, her face is still pale but she looks better than ever.