[ Chapter 80 : Golden Hour ]

Y/n's pov.   

I grunt in pain as she stabs my thigh and I stab my dagger through her side as she screams in pain, we both let go of each other and collapse to the ground with our dagger inside each other. I groan holding the dagger on my thigh and it's near the same area where I was stabbed before, which it hadn't fully healed yet, I look up at Syrene who's lying there as blood stain the sand and it's the same here with me.

" You really wanted to die don't you? " I asked as we pant.

" It's either you or me, it's the way of the world, everyone gets an enemy " she said then grunt in pain when she takes out my dagger from her side.

" Just stop this Syrene, killing each other won't get us anywhere, it's just going to make things worse–. . .agh! " I groan after pulling out her dagger from my thigh.

" What can be more worse than this?, We're the worse of the worst " she said.

I exhale as I sit here putting pressure on my thigh and my shoulder is killing me.

" I don't know, if you kill me then you have my husband and my entire family to hunt after you, trust me, they won't give up " I said.

" And if you kill me, no one is going after you, which ends everything, I'm doing you a favor " she said and hold her side.

" For fuck's sakes!, I don't want to kill you! " I hit the sand towards her and she chuckles.

" We can just let things be, have a family, don't you want that? " I asked.

" Are you seriously sweet talking me right now? " She asked as she sit up and so did I.

" Fuck you, I found a life in the city, for once I learned something that's worth to fight for, I'm getting out of here alive for my family " I said

" And this fight is worth for me to die for! " She leaps towards me.

I react by slicing her arm and it made her drop the dagger as I quickly get up from the ground, she wince and yelp holding her arm as I stand here with a limp, I wince and pick up my dagger from her as I toss her dagger away. She sit there crying and I see tears dripping down to the sand.

" Y/n! " I look over my shoulder where I see Heidi running here with sweat and blood down her face but she looks like in a better shape than me.

I turn back around to Syrene who lift her head and try to calm down.

" Enjoy your golden hour alone, Syrene " I said.

I wince as I turn around and pick up my axe on the ground, I groan straightening my body because of the pain.

" Y/n look out! " Heidi shouts.

" Your not leaving until you kill me! "

I turn around and see Syrene with another dagger, I swing my axe but somehow she grabbed it then pulled it off my grip, she swings her blade and I dodge it by moving my head away, grabbing her hand then push her blade towards herself.

Everything went numb for me, my limbs are just frozen, I made her own dagger slice through the nape of her neck. She chokes in pain as blood splatter at my face, I can taste some of it on my tongue. Thick blood trickles down her neck to her shirt as I hold her hand and her hand holds her dagger, my other hand his holding her waist where I stabbed her.

I feel the water swelling up in my eyes as I held it back, slowly I help her lie down in my arms and I pull the dagger out and she grunt. Her grip loosens around the handle and it drops to the sand.

" Why? " I asked.

She looks up at me with a bloody smile and choking a little.

" It was worth it in the end " she said.