[ Chapter 31 : Preparations ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Whoa, you look good! " I said as Declan stands there with red cheeks but his expression is stern.

He's wearing a white blazer with one button on it, a pair of brown pants along with a black shirt under his blazer, his pair of boots are like normal but has a little fancy laces on it. And a cape like those one he wears in his knight uniform but the cape is actually his knight cape, the slate grey color one. He also has a pair of leather gloves on.

" What's with the face?, You actually do, I'm not lying " I said.

" Thanks for the compliment I guess " he said.

" Your guess?, What you should be guessing is whether your going to have a girl or boy " I said and walk up to him.

" Excuse you? " He asked.

I look up at him since he's taller.

" I want a nephew " I smile and he rolls his eyes and he just push my face away.

" Hey! " I push off his hand.

" I'm doing this for mother " he said.

I turn to him with furrowed eyebrows.

" And mom wants grandchildren so, might as well do it for me too " I smile up at him, he scoffs.

He turns around and I notice him opening a small box, I peek in between his arm and pop my head through to see a pretty silver chain bracelet inside. It has a light turquoise crystal in the middle and it pretty.

" Is that for her? " I asked.

He looks down at me and nodded before closing the box.

" She likes jewelry " he said.

" Don't all women in nobility? " I asked.

" You should too " he said, I snicker.

" As if, jewelry is nothing but to make you look fancy, that's what other nobility look for, not what your are " I said.

" Who taught you that? " He asked.

" It's what you pick up in the outer region " I said, he chuckles.

He suddenly strangles my neck with his arm.

" Ah! Declan! " I hit his back and arm as I choke.

" Let's go " he starts dragging me.

I whine and slip my head out, I lift my skirt and kick him with my boot.

" Hey!, Don't get it dirty! " He swings his cape back as I adjust my hair off my shoulder.

" Whatever, I'm gonna go find some food "

I leave his room and walk down the hallway and pass other maids and manservants who's carrying preparation for the ceremony. I notice Jemma's been busy too so I guess I'll have to go to the foyer to get food. I head down the stairs and already see the table of food prepared, and no one has arrived yet. I walk over to the table where my mouth is drooling over all the delicacies in front of me, I see a plate of slice fruits with cakes, candies and more.

I see a chocolate muffin has been freshly bake so I reach for it.

" Hey don't! " I stop myself and turn around to see Jemma approaching with me a stack of plates in her hands.

" What? " I asked and she passes off the plates to other maids.

" You can't eat the food yet " she said.

" Why?, I'm hungry " I said.

" Lady Talia has given orders that the food are not to be eaten before the guest arrives " she said.