[ Chapter 67 : Important Matters ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Why's Laurence here? " I asked as I rest my head on my arm by the window.

I see a carriage is parked right outside our door, Laurence is on his horse and dismounting, I see Jemma walk over to me and look outside the window.

" Oh, master Derek has invited Mrs. Zvahl over to have dinner " she said.

I lift my head and look at her in confusion.

" Dinner? " I asked, she nods.

" Apparently they have some important matters to discussed " she said then walk away with the laundry basket.

" Over dinner? " I asked.

" It's a little bit formal I suppose " she said the start changing the sheets on my bed.

" Oh well, I'm gonna go say hi to Laurence " I said and get off the platform and put on my boots.

After that I leave my room and head down the stairs to the front door where I see Derek already greeting them.

" Laurence! " I wave as I run over to him.

" Hey– "

I throw myself at him and hug, which knocked the air out of him, he chuckles then hug me back while stumbling back a little.

" Uhh, I think you should let go " he said.

I then hear throat clearing so I quickly get off him and see Mrs. Zvahl smirking a little, while Derek has a stern expression and glare at Laurence.

" Someone's in high spirits " Mrs. Zvahl winks and I giggle.

" Sorry, I got carried away " I sway my body side to side.

" Well, Derek and I do have business to do so, why don't you two go have some fun together " Mrs. Zvahl winks again.

" Okay " Laurence said.

" Excuse you, I'm not leaving her with a boy– "

" Call my son a boy again and I tell M/n your deepest secret, he is a man " she glares at Derek and he agrees really fast.

" Let's talk " he said then walk away.

" I'll see you two at dinner " Mrs. Zvahl smile and I nod.

Laurence and I look at each other then giggle.

" Come on " I grab his hand and we walk away up the stairs.

" I see you look energetic " Laurence said, I hug his arm and chuckle.

" Was excited to see you, you didn't tell me you were coming " I said.

" It's practically a last minute decision " he said.

" About what? " I asked.

We made it up to the second floor and we make our way to my room.

" It's the early spring, and I have plans for you throughout the season before summer school again " he said.

" Which is? " I asked.

" You'll know later " he said.

" Okay, I won't push " I said.

" How's your mother? " He asked.

" She's still out of it, how about your dad? " I asked.

" He woke up yesterday but last night he went back into it quickly, we had a full day together so it wasn't bad " he said.

" It's good " I said.

I approach my door and open it as we enter.

" Whoa, is this your room? " He asked, I hum in response as I shut the book behind him.