[ Chapter 45 : Peace & Quiet ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Long time no see old man " I said as I enter this foyer and see Derek hugging mom.

They pull apart and he snickers.

" And here I thought you hated it here, didn't think you'd survive more than five minutes " he said.

" Ha-ha " I said as I approach him.

" She impresses me with her talent " mom said.

" What did she do?, Sock a punch at one of her brothers? " He looks at me, I kick him but not that hard and he chuckles.

I then just hug him, I notice he was taken aback by it and his hand hesitantly hug me back.

" You know you two could've just get married sooner so we can live all together and out of this hell hole " I said.

" What's gotten into you? " He asked.

I pull apart and he grabs my right hand where my scar is.

" It's not as bad as the last time you mentioned " Derek said and mom sighs.

" Well it's not really something she likes to talk about so why don't you just go with your brothers, we'll be leaving in any minute " mom said, I nod with a hum in respond.

I walk away from the two of them as I see Malia walking down the stairs.

" Hey " I said and she smiles as she approach me.

" I'm gonna miss you " she said, I scoff.

" Me too, but hey, I can visit " I said.

" You live further so I think you won't " she said and I just nod.

" True " I said and we both laugh.

" I won't forget what you did for us but other than that, I wanted you to have this " she takes out a handkerchief.

" Why? " I asked and hold it as I notice her embroidery.

" I know you love Nana and she's buried here already so I made this for you as a remembrance " she said.

I hold the handkerchief where she has made a picture of Nana in a sleeping pose with a blanket under her, oriental lily petals falling down and some are on her body. I chuckle and admire how adorable she is then I look up at Malia.

" Thank you so much " I said.

" You should get going now, seems like your brothers already has their horses ready " she said, I smile and nodded.

" Bye " I said and she waves as I walk away.

I leave the house and head down the steps where I see all my brothers on their horses and a carriage for me, Celeste and mom, our belongings are carried on a wagon.

" You know what? " I asked and all of my brothers turn to me.

" I'm glad I won't be on horseback ride because it's a few hours to Derek's house, so I'll be sleeping " I siad.

" We've been riding horses since we were little, so I think we'll be fine " Yeshua said.

" Not with those flat asses " I said then giggle at my own joke.

Faris suddenly look behind him then back at me.

" I think mine are alright, so leave me out of this " he said.

" My ass is fine too " Elliot said.

" I'm saying it because your all assholes " I said then snorted but ending up laugh to myself.