[ Chapter 47 : The Unexpected ]

Y/n's pov.  

" It's freezing! " I jog up up to the torch by the wall and take off my gloves.

I put my hand out to the flame as I feel the warmth, I moan and feel the nice temperature.

" The magic of the school has no effects on you, just like at the palace " Elvenia said.

" It's alright, what I don't understand is why us girls still need to wear skirts, at least it's like the normal winter and not the palace, over there is more like a blizzard " I said, she nods as she flies in front of me.

" Yeah, I remember a fairy once that went there, her wings froze and cracked " she said.

" Who else is on the list? " I asked and put my gloves back on before I adjust my jacket around my shoulder and my scarf on my neck.

" Let's see. . . " She flies down to the cart where the book for details are.

" We've done Mr. Faera, Mrs. Zvahl, professor Lanik. . .oh we haven't gone to Derek, Sergeant Crowley, master Dean and miss Florence " she said.

" Miss Florence? " I asked.

" The new teacher " she said.

" Oh right, umm, let's head over to Crowley first since we're outside " I said, she nods and she flies to my shoulder then use my hair to cover herself.

I push the cart and we head down the cobblestone path to the back of the school and see some students are walking around hanging out in this part as usual. I even see the water fountain are frozen but it's in a pretty style, well other than that I can hear the familiar old man yelling and the boys panting and complaining. I turn a corner to see Sergeant Crowley, his blond hair has more white in it and his green eyes are the same as ever watching the boys like a hawk.

" Faster! " He yells and I see the boys are running in one place, I suppose it's a warm up.

" Afternoon sarge " I approach the man and he turns to me ready to scream but his face relaxes and smiles.

" Y/n, my favorite student " he approaches me with his walking cane.

" I'm your favorite? " I asked and he nods.

" Yes, now what do you have here? " He looks down at my cart.

" Your books, chapter 13 and 14 " I said as I give him his book.

" Thank you, dear " he said and I smile.

" I need you to sign this " I said and pass him a quill before turning around the book,

" A signature?, It wasn't needed before " he said as he sign where his name is.

" It's needed now, new library rules " I said.

" Very well " he did a flourish on the end of his name and he put back the quill.

" Thank you " I said and grab the book to make sure there's nothing else left.

" First he smiles then your his favorite student? " I hear Elvenia whispers on my ear and I scoff as I focus on the book.

" I don't know what you guys are experiencing " I said and see I'm done here.

I close the book and put away the quill, I look over to the boys where I spot Laurence at his spot, he's running in place so that tells me his foot is recovering well. He notices me and we both smile at each other before I push my cart and get back inside the school, as the door open itself we head down the hallway and Elvenia flies off my shoulder.

" Ah~, warm " she said.

" I don't understand, if your wings are so delicate wouldn't it freeze in this season? " I asked.